PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where the reset button is?

Ziggy
11-03-2005, 05:03 PM
My service light is on and I want to turn it off....came on just before 60k
2000 F350 PSD

Bryan Rose
11-03-2005, 07:07 PM
2000 F350 PSD
There is only one thing to reset it. You have to hook up to a scanner to pull the code out and clear it. There is no reminder for service soon on these engines, only the service engine light letting you know something has gone out of the specified peramiters of the computer. Does not mean some thing is wrong, just it recorded an event, mine does it every time the boost goes over 25 PSI. it stays light up for about 25 minutes at the most then goes out.
Good luck
go here for more info www.thedieselstop.com
Bryan

BarryMac
11-04-2005, 07:21 AM
2000 F350 PSD
The best way to clear it is to drive it off a cliff and buy a Chevy... :D :D :D

riverbound
11-04-2005, 07:25 AM
Try disconnecting the negative terminals on the batts and wait about 15 minutes. then hook it back up. this will clear the SES light. if the light comes back on there is soemthing wrong with it.

Flashover
11-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Yeah i like this solution. If it was an F-150 you could just let it burn... :D :D :D

little rowe boat
11-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Believe me the chitties burn much better.

Ziggy
11-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Thanks Bryan and RB...I'll try the battery method first then let the guys in the shop hook 'er up to our scanner if need be....
GJB...I oughta kick you in the junk, smart ass....... first on race day

Ziggy
11-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Believe me the chitties burn much better.
Yeah, more plastic.......bad for the enviroment too....

whiteworks
11-04-2005, 04:42 PM
try this,
1. start the vehicle and turn it off twice
2. with the vehicle off press the gas pedal to the floor 3 times.
3. then hit the cruise contol switch once
4. exit the vehicle and walk around it twice counter clockwise kicking the left rear tire both times you pass by it.
5. get back in the truck and turn the radio on start scanning through the stations while you drive it to the mechanics shop.
this is what i do and it seems to work every time there is a problem.

LUVNLIFE
11-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Yeah, more plastic.......bad for the enviroment too....
At least my Chevy doesn't have service lights going on for no reason :rolleyes: :D :D

BarryMac
11-05-2005, 07:46 AM
GJB...I oughta kick you in the junk, smart ass....... first on race day
Come on Buddy, laugh a little will ya? Just give me a call when it wont start, we can hook it to the back of my D-Max and I'll pull your arse to the dealer... :D :D

Ziggy
11-05-2005, 01:31 PM
At least my Chevy doesn't have service lights going on for no reason :rolleyes: :D :D
Now, now....I said nothing about it being on for no reason :p and probably your warning lights are broken and should be on LOL ;) :D

Ziggy
11-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Come on Buddy, laugh a little will ya? Just give me a call when it wont start, we can hook it to the back of my D-Max and I'll pull your arse to the dealer... :D :D
I thought I was being humorous :D :D ........at least I thought so :rolleyes: :smile:
Now your towing jab ain't funny :devil: I owe you once again :D

Sleek-Jet
11-05-2005, 02:18 PM
try this,
1. start the vehicle and turn it off twice
2. with the vehicle off press the gas pedal to the floor 3 times.
3. then hit the cruise contol switch once
4. exit the vehicle and walk around it twice counter clockwise kicking the left rear tire both times you pass by it.
5. get back in the truck and turn the radio on start scanning through the stations while you drive it to the mechanics shop.
this is what i do and it seems to work every time there is a problem.
.... do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around...
... that's what it's all about.. :D

soupersonic
11-05-2005, 06:13 PM
first on race day
You meant...... Focker Only Runs Downhill or maybe Flipped Over Reservation Decoration :D :D

LUVNLIFE
11-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Now, now....I said nothing about it being on for no reason :p and probably your warning lights are broken and should be on LOL ;) :D
Hey Zig that's a good one. It's all in good fun :rollside:

Ziggy
11-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Hey Zig that's a good one. It's all in good fun :rollside:
Right on ;) :p ...got to love life and have fun otherwise we all get grouchy and grumpy.....

Ziggy
11-07-2005, 12:50 PM
You meant...... Focker Only Runs Downhill or maybe Flipped Over Reservation Decoration :D :D
Well you know what they say....I'd rather push my FORD than drive a Chevy....
Don't know how much longer I can actually say that though. :supp: :idea: ...might have my wife driving a Chevy(Forgive me for I have sinned :D ) disguised as a SAAB...
Saab has new SUV this year called the 9-7X...its a re-engineered TrailBlazer/Envoy. Better looking than the GM counterparts IMO :D :D

malibuken
11-10-2005, 08:24 AM
Hey Zig,
Go by Autozone, they will lend you a scanner, hook it up, pull the code, and then reset the light with the scan tool.
After which, you should listen to GJB and go buy a chevy before something drastic happens with the F'n Old Recycle Dodge :D :D

Flying Tiger
11-17-2005, 09:16 PM
With Ignition on, engine off, press the gas pedal smartly 3 times.