PDA

View Full Version : Pismo Beach-Thanksgiving

Familycat
11-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Anyone have plans to go to Pismo for Thanksgiving?
We have made an annual trip to the beach for Thanksgiving for 15+ years. Great time to spend riding, eating, drinking and playing with friends a family. Basically it is the same as hot boating just at a different venue. I quess that is why so many people on the boards spend their free time in the winter at Glamis, Dumont, Pismo, and the many places to ride in the dirt. Anyway we bar-ba-qued three turkeys for a sit down Thanksgiving feast for 36. It was a blast. Would love to buy a beer for other boaters that have made their way to one of the greaters places I have ever known.
Rick

AltarGirl
11-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Rev. Williams & I might be going to Shell Beach (less than 10min from Pismo) for Thanksgiving. Not 100% sure yet though.

Hustler
11-04-2005, 08:34 AM
Wont make it for T-Day but we will be there Super Bowl weekend. This will be our third year doing it. We have few peeps from board that go and a few friends and fam. So mark your calender

Red Eye
11-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Anyone have plans to go to Pismo for Thanksgiving?
We have made an annual trip to the beach for Thanksgiving for 15+ years. Great time to spend riding, eating, drinking and playing with friends a family. Basically it is the same as hot boating just at a different venue. I quess that is why so many people on the boards spend their free time in the winter at Glamis, Dumont, Pismo, and the many places to ride in the dirt. Anyway we bar-ba-qued three turkeys for a sit down Thanksgiving feast for 36. It was a blast. Would love to buy a beer for other boaters that have made their way to one of the greaters places I have ever known.
Rick
Sounds fun... How do you BBQ a turkey though?

riverbound
11-04-2005, 09:20 AM
we were going to do t-day there, but ended up moving it to Parker instead.

missboatnam1
11-05-2005, 06:24 AM
Wont make it for T-Day but we will be there Super Bowl weekend. This will be our third year doing it. We have few peeps from board that go and a few friends and fam. So mark your calender
hmmm, im marking ours :mix: tell your cutie wife hello!!!

Familycat
11-05-2005, 08:03 AM
Sounds fun... How do you BBQ a turkey though?
Weber BBQ, breast side down. One of the best methods to cook a turkey that we have found. You have to add coals periodically to maintain the heat. We do not add stuffing so we get a significant amount of juice to make gravy. Since just about all of us have campers/motorhomes we have many ovens to keep things warm. It does take some coordination but has worked very well for a number of years. Gotta love camping.
Rick

Familycat
11-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Rev. Williams & I might be going to Shell Beach (less than 10min from Pismo) for Thanksgiving. Not 100% sure yet though.
If you do go to Shell Beach and want to get a little sandy let me know. If you are in a vehicle that in not 4-wheel drive we could pick you up on the pavement. A frosty beverage will be waiting for you.
Don't you too have a 22 Daytona?
Rick

Her454
11-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Rick, we are considering coming down for the Holiday but not sure yet. I used to spend it at Glamis every year and I really miss it.........just trying to round everyone up that keeps flaking................ :rollside:

Red Eye
11-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Weber BBQ, breast side down. One of the best methods to cook a turkey that we have found. You have to add coals periodically to maintain the heat. We do not add stuffing so we get a significant amount of juice to make gravy. Since just about all of us have campers/motorhomes we have many ovens to keep things warm. It does take some coordination but has worked very well for a number of years. Gotta love camping.
Rick
Okay... you got my attention. Do you want to use a thin layer of coals or about the same you'd use for a tri tip? About how long does it take this way? I'm trying to talk the rest of the family into going to Pismo for Turkey Day.

Familycat
11-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Okay... you got my attention. Do you want to use a thin layer of coals or about the same you'd use for a tri tip? About how long does it take this way? I'm trying to talk the rest of the family into going to Pismo for Turkey Day.
Two small piles of coasls on each side of turkey. Cook breast side down. No stuffing. Cook times similar to regular ovens.
It will be crowded and a little wild, but nothing like Havasoo on a holiday weekend.
Rick