View Full Version : More Rhino!

WetWillie
11-05-2005, 12:08 AM
http://www.rhinocraft.com/images/pictures/Rhino-Craft-picture-293.jpg
http://www.rhinocraft.com/images/pictures/halloween%2005%20019.jpg
http://www.rhinocraft.com/images/pictures/Rhino%20Craft%20picture%20297.jpg

02HoWaRd26
11-05-2005, 08:15 AM
That thing is outta control bad a$$ but it is getting out of being a rhino and just becoming a mini buggy there.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-05-2005, 09:56 AM
That thing is gay!!! Where the hell do you put the beer? Those guys take the bed out!

Restless22
11-05-2005, 10:01 AM
That Rhino is bad ass! I like different!
Dont get me wrong, AA's is off the hook also!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Thanks!! That light bar is f'n sick though!!!! Theyt also put x-tra fuel tanks in the bed for really lonng distance crap!! The cage is wrapped all the way around for protection too.

02HoWaRd26
11-05-2005, 10:33 AM
AA your l/t kit is evo's isn't it or who built it

mbrown2
11-05-2005, 10:51 AM
If someone is going to drop 20K in addons into Rhino that afterward will have trouble climbing hills after you add all the crap and weight, why not just buy a used L/T car for 45-50k...I understand keeping up with the Jones's but not on a rig that can't go that fast and is more limited is speed and torque from a stocker....just improved suspension and ginger bread...for 15K more you can really have fun in the sand...
In Jeep world, it seems the gnarlier the jeep...the uglier and beat up it looks....most of the money goes into drivetrain, axles, lockers, suspension and cages...not really on the look...
These friggen Rhino's are sick, but if they are slow and sluggish climbing after being pimped, that would get tiresome quick.

PalapaHead
11-05-2005, 10:57 AM
VIOLA!If someone is going to drop 20K in addons into Rhino that afterward will have trouble climbing hills after you add all the crap and weight, why not just buy a used L/T car for 45-50k...I understand keeping up with the Jones's but not on a rig that can't go that fast and is more limited is speed and torque from a stocker....just improved suspension and ginger bread...for 15K more you can really have fun in the sand...
In Jeep world, it seems the gnarlier the jeep...the uglier and beat up it looks....most of the money goes into drivetrain, axles, lockers, suspension and cages...not really on the look...
These friggen Rhino's are sick, but if they are slow and sluggish climbing after being pimped, that would get tiresome quick.

WetWillie
11-05-2005, 11:03 AM
I will answer a few of your questions if I can. Stock rhino has about 35hp.
with a turbo kit you will make 75hp for about $4000 So you can get around pretty good.
What kind of rail can you get for $40 to $50k ? Not really one of your standard. Because your a DCB guy and you need to roll somthing for $100k
It all depends on what you need and want. If I wanted a rail I would get one. But for now due to my truck and trailer situation for the desert I will take a trick rhino. My little garge will only hold somehiing 12ft long.
PLus to me this a tricker then having a mediocur buggy!
http://www.socalfab.com/bypassimages/6.jpg
PLus this looks like fun to me..
http://www.rhinocraft.com/images/pictures/Rhino%20Craft%20picture%20308.jpg
http://www.rhinocraft.com/images/pictures/Rhino%20Craft%20picture%20374.jpg
http://www.rhinocraft.com/images/pictures/Rhino%20Craft%20picture%20373.jpg

02HoWaRd26
11-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Those rhinocraft guys aren't scared they take that bastard to the limit, those are sick pics willie. You thinking of backing out on scf and going rhinocraft. Also Thad and I got that deal worked out thanks alot btw...

mbrown2
11-05-2005, 11:34 AM
What kind of rail can you get for $40 to $50k ? Not really one of your standard. Because your a DCB guy and you need to roll somthing for $100k
Wrong...I go to river 25+ times a year so 100K + boat I can justify....going to dunes maybe 8 times with Jeeping in between I don't think I could justify...
40-50K? This seems pretty nice 2004 Tatum with V6 Turbo motor....this would be something I would could live with and justify....
http://images.traderonline.com/EMedia/tarchive2/220/219798/00476379110.jpg
2004 Tatum ad... (http://adcache.atvtraderonline.com/5/1/5/81529115.htm)
Dude, I think your Rhino's sick, and I know you could have a car if you wanted....I was not hating on you or your Rhino...the numbers just don't make sense to ME to put that sort of coin into one when I could spend more upfront and could have a car.....putting a turbo on a Rhino is like polishing a turd...j/k:):)

riverroyal
11-05-2005, 11:48 AM
but is it even a rhino anymore????Why not just built something from scratch?My guess is that thing is between 25 to 30k,there not much yamaha left on it!

riverroyal
11-05-2005, 11:50 AM
to me,,,we use ours at the river as a over kill golfcart,and at the desert in the winter,so its multi purpose toy,a 45k rail would sit for months in the garage,I already have a boat that sits all winter,makes me sick

mbrown2
11-05-2005, 11:55 AM
to me,,,we use ours at the river as a over kill golfcart,and at the desert in the winter,so its multi purpose toy,a 45k rail would sit for months in the garage,I already have a boat that sits all winter,makes me sick
I hear ya.....I hate seeing the boat sit as well...but sometimes I think, it can't break if it sits. :)

riverroyal
11-05-2005, 11:58 AM
never though of it that way,plus I dont have to clean it! :D

phebus
11-05-2005, 12:24 PM
I hear ya.....I hate seeing the boat sit as well...but sometimes I think, it can't break if it sits. :)
Mine is sitting broken, and I don't have a Rhino. Man, am I a loser.
:messedup:

riverroyal
11-05-2005, 12:29 PM
but your retiring in havasu,thats no loser,need a hug?

slink
11-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Rick, I thought you fire guys had all the toyz :D

WetWillie
11-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Wrong...I go to river 25+ times a year so 100K + boat I can justify....going to dunes maybe 8 times with Jeeping in between I don't think I could justify...
40-50K? This seems pretty nice 2004 Tatum with V6 Turbo motor....this would be something I would could live with and justify....
You have two boats right!! so its like 12 trips each! PLus insurance plus all the other expensise!
http://images.traderonline.com/EMedia/tarchive2/220/219798/00476379110.jpg
2004 Tatum ad... (http://adcache.atvtraderonline.com/5/1/5/81529115.htm)
My rhino has more suspension that that thing! I was thinking you were more of one of these thingys
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/uploads/post-6185-1127018724.jpg
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/uploads/post-6185-1127018705.jpg
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/uploads/post-6185-1127018755.jpg
Dude, I think your Rhino's sick, and I know you could have a car if you wanted....I was not hating on you or your Rhino...the numbers just don't make sense to ME to put that sort of coin into one when I could spend more upfront and could have a car.....putting a turbo on a Rhino is like polishing a turd...j/k:):)
You crack me up! Thats why your one of the better posters on here. Putting a crazy ass stereoin a Boat is like a V8 in a volkswagen! :boxingguy
Stop bursting my bubble! Im huge as is so I really look like a monkey ****ing a football and now I got you busting my balls!! :(

WetWillie
11-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Hey were do you draw the line? $5000k like yours or $30k? I hear you I could have built a little sand rail like these
http://www.kingsandcars.com/images/465_Dale_flyer_King_sand_car_w-price.jpg
but is it even a rhino anymore????Why not just built something from scratch?My guess is that thing is between 25 to 30k,there not much yamaha left on it!

mbrown2
11-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Mine is broke too....and sitting...welcome to the club. :)

riverroyal
11-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey were do you draw the line? $5000k like yours or $30k? I hear you I could have built a little sand rail like these
http://www.kingsandcars.com/images/465_Dale_flyer_King_sand_car_w-price.jpg
show my wife that,she will be pissed,i could have been in that instead :D

02HoWaRd26
11-05-2005, 01:00 PM
$hit my rhino is used at least twice a week, summer or winter.

mbrown2
11-05-2005, 01:05 PM
You have two boats right!! so its like 12 trips each! PLus insurance plus all the other expensise!
You crack me up! Thats why your one of the better posters on here. Putting a crazy ass stereoin a Boat is like a V8 in a volkswagen! :boxingguy
OK....you had to bring up the two boats :)....actually I have only used the DCB about 6 times this year, so its getting tough to justify it....:)
The stereo crack was funny.....Toby should enjoy that as well...
I have not even driven a Rhino, so I should temper my comments....but the $$'s are crazy I see these folks dropping....but I guess it is like everything we like to trick out....does not really add up, but we enjoy it...:)

riverroyal
11-05-2005, 01:12 PM
OK....you had to bring up the two boats :)....actually I have only used the DCB about 6 times this year, so its getting tough to justify it....:)
The stereo crack was funny.....Toby should enjoy that as well...
I have not even driven a Rhino, so I should temper my comments....but the $$'s are crazy I see these folks dropping....but I guess it is like everything we like to trick out....does not really add up, but we enjoy it...:)
drove mine in the sand/glamis for the first time a few weeks back,spent $$$$ not even knowing if it was fun,it was more fun than anything ive done in the sand in a long time.I havent been in a long travel 75k sand car,im sure thats better.I was smiling the entire time,it dunes way better than I was hoping for,I rode my quad for maybe 10 minutes in 3 days,im thinking of selling it now.

Hustler
11-05-2005, 01:15 PM
drove mine in the sand/glamis for the first time a few weeks back,spent $$$$ not even knowing if it was fun,it was more fun than anything ive done in the sand in a long time.I havent been in a long travel 75k sand car,im sure thats better.I was smiling the entire time,it dunes way better than I was hoping for,I rode my quad for maybe 10 minutes in 3 days,im thinking of selling it now.
What ever you do DO NOT RIDE IN A LONG TRAVEL CAR. you will be done. there is nothing like gliding over the whoops at 60-70 mph

riverroyal
11-05-2005, 01:18 PM
What ever you do DO NOT RIDE IN A LONG TRAVEL CAR. you will be done. there is nothing like gliding over the whoops at 60-70 mph
my wife forbids me from going on rides,she knows me all to well.I went on a conquest deckboat 2 years ago,now im in boat debt :cool:

mbrown2
11-05-2005, 01:19 PM
A good buddy of mine told me the same thing....he just gone done with his 75K sandcar and wants to take me out in a couple weeks.....he has been driving for 10+ years in the sand and is always the lead dog driving someone else's car; now with his own he wants to take me out and cause me to soil myself.....:)

Hustler
11-05-2005, 01:23 PM
A good buddy of mine told me the same thing....he just gone done with his 75K sandcar and wants to take me out in a couple weeks.....he has been driving for 10+ years in the sand and is always the lead dog driving someone else's car; now with his own he wants to take me out and cause me to soil myself.....:)
Do it. you'll be selling the Mach and building a new car in no time :hammerhea

riverroyal
11-05-2005, 01:24 PM
i was in awe of the cars,made my un-logical-money-thinking brain go nuts

JohnnyAirtime
11-05-2005, 02:52 PM
If I can chime in....
I too don't know why WW won't go and sell the trailer/truck/rhino to buy something that works year round. Like a Warrior trailer, a one ton truck... and a LT buggy while keeping his Rhino where it is... closer to $20k and not $30k.
But the old saying - To each his own?! Right???
If I had 'more' money... and was able to own a nice boat $50k or more... and a LT buggy (also $50k or more), I'd do it. I won't buy a Rhino cuz I think they're a waiste of money. Why? Well, they're slow... and made for hunting. Most all of the owners are blinging them out since they're not a LT buggy, that is able to 'get by' with a river jaunt to the store. Can't do that in a LT buggy so easy. And a golf cart isn't "bling" enough for most high dollar boat owners. (notice I said MOST, not ALL). So what's in between a golf cart and a buggy?? A damn rhino!
SO it makes sense (for the small minded or weenied) to go out and bling out a Rhino... mostly for looks as your limited by many things. Suspension is one, but becoming the norm to change. Power, major issue since the clutches can't hold much more than stock. Style, it's the easiest to change and make different than every other one out there. Frame, the biggest thing that needs to be changed out when doing these HEAVY mods... as it's not made to withstand airtime or high output motors. But... time will tell, and so will Rhino owner's pocketbooks.
I know WW will give me a hard time for this post... but he knows how I feel and I too have tried to get him into something more worthy of his investment. I can't see someone buying his Rhino for $32k when he's all done... but ya know, you can't worry about resale when you've got the money to invest and throw away at the same time! :cool:
I'm not a Rhino "hater" yet... but those things are too damn costly. It's like why not go buy a Jeep... throw away the body, the suspension, and nearly the entire motor... replace it with something fab'd or rebuilt and call it done. Why? Cuz people like to tinker. People like to make it 'different'. Oh, and people like to spend money on their toys!!! It's gonna happen....
...anyway... SoCalFab does some awesome work... and RhinoCraft have some great ideas... but, to each his own. I hope HONDA doesn't come out with a 20" travel, 100 horse, 4 seater, 4x4 in the next year... Yamaha owners will be pissed!!!! :)

JohnnyAirtime
11-05-2005, 02:55 PM
... to top it off ...
WW, you know Tucker just bought a LT buggy (Northstar V8, 5 seater, Sand Cars Unlimited, ...etc)... for $35k done and new! Nice car!
...those prices are out there, and not far from where you'll be in that Rhino!
That was mean posting Dale's Sand Car ad on here... when most of your Rhino owners are in that price range after all said and done!! :cool:

riverroyal
11-05-2005, 03:09 PM
i was great until that,so because I have a nice looking rhino,which ive had fun building,Im small in the head and in the pants?Nice post,need a hug or something?The guys that are building "bling" rhinos arent in it for resale value,but then their,and my,boats will lose value also.Take it from me,life is short,if us "small people" are having fun with it then why do you care?Its only money,I dont think our kids went without eating because we spend 20k plus on a toy,its because its FUN.You can always save you money for retirement,or you can die in a car crash tommorrow.....I still love ya johhny,just dont sound so bitter :D

ROZ
11-05-2005, 03:13 PM
I think RR has his Rhino c totally justified. It's a multipurpose fun vehicle for him. Neighborhood travel car( my wife's friend has seen you near the school and cafe) , Desert fun car, and river transportation car. I don't think his cost much mre than a completely tricked out golfcart...
Regarding the 40 k on a Rhino, I'd never do it... You could put together an ultratrick 3 seater custom sand car for that much..

riverroyal
11-05-2005, 03:35 PM
I think RR has his Rhino c totally justified. It's a multipurpose fun vehicle for him. Neighborhood travel car( my wife's friend has seen you near the school and cafe) , Desert fun car, and river transportation car. I don't think his cost much mre than a completely tricked out golfcart...
Regarding the 40 k on a Rhino, I'd never do it... You could put together an ultratrick 3 seater custom sand car for that much..
i have a hard time spending the money on a toy like this,i also sold a 6k ford think a some other stuff to offset the cost.The look on my kids faces when I pick them up from school,and blast around the dunes is priceless.Money isnt even a issue.It bothers me someones says its a waste of money or a "look at me thing."If you didnt pay for it why do you care what i spent on it?I actually had some extra money to spend,and my wife understands that I like to tinker with things like a rhino,was much less than a sand rail,at least the sand rail that I would be satisfied with.Oh well,im done,this thread just went sour for me,Im going to pick my kids up in my rhino damn it :yuk:

WetWillie
11-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Like I said to each his own. I wouldnt do some of the things you do either. Like buy a ford!! Or do an Home addition for $60 a sqft... Damn cheap bastard :yuk:
I hear both sides of the argument I told you without buying a new trailer that can fit a LT car and and geting a new truck. The rhino seemed like the poor mans dune buggy! So that be me and thats what im doing! :rollside Plus when river season comes I can use it to cruise the camp grounds and go get some breakfast. Next year I will paint it pink and get a FT car! :devil:
Thanks for calling me about dinner!

riverroyal
11-06-2005, 09:37 AM
toby has them...I didnt take it personnally,I know how you are :wink:

JohnnyAirtime
11-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks for calling me about dinner!
Uhh... good one. NIce try. ...You were to see about your parents, timing, if you could make dinner... and then call me back if there's a yes/no. I simply waited, no call. Then went and 'took out' a Artichoke/Mushroom/Chicken dinner (from Marie Calendars) X2 for me and Stace... and watched Star Wars III at home.
You missed out! :p

JohnnyAirtime
11-06-2005, 02:30 PM
toby has them...I didnt take it personnally,I know how you are :wink:
Cool. :wink:

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-06-2005, 05:04 PM
AA your l/t kit is evo's isn't it or who built it
Evo did it all and it is sweeeeet! Him and Alan so far have the best kit I have seen.

JohnnyAirtime
11-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Hey Steve....
I wasn't picking on you or your Rhino.... And I'm not bitter, but confused at why 'some' of the owners will pimp'em out so much, they cost a fortune. Worst part about that fortune, it doesn't do much for the way they work. More for "PimP" status.... like I said, the post was not directed at you... so please don't take it personally (like you did!).
I also 'pimp' out my stuff... but never for the 'chrome' of the shine. ALWAYS for function and then for looks. SO I'm not hypocritical.... just like I said, a bit confused as to "why" anyone would dump soooo much money into something not worth the effort.
I know you don't have $22K+ into your Rhino... so again, my opinion isn't directed at you. And remember... it's just MY opinion. And remember... I'm all about some new cages, some a-arms... some bumpers. I was making them remember?!?! So this opinion of mine was more a vent towards the guys who are seemingly going "overboard" for looks rather than function... and overboard beyond a cost of an entry level LT buggy.
Like I said... "To each his own". And I apologize if you thought I was directing this your way.
Now, go pick up those kids. Have you put heated seats in it yet?? :D
(I attempted to post this yesterday night, but the site was down I guess)

WetWillie
11-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Evo did it all and it is sweeeeet! Him and Alan so far have the best kit I have seen.
We shall see!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-06-2005, 08:07 PM
What does that mean?? It passed the drunk jump tests and nothing broke!! Also it looks better than all the rest. If you are confused I am talking about the arm kits. I know yours will have more bling just because of the uncontrolable Jones factor that you posess!!

CornWater
11-06-2005, 09:39 PM
What does that mean?? It passed the drunk jump tests and nothing broke!! Also it looks better than all the rest. If you are confused I am talking about the arm kits. I know yours will have more bling just because of the uncontrolable Jones factor that you posess!!
Hammer, meet nail.... :D :D

JohnnyAirtime
11-07-2005, 07:58 AM
We shall see!
Ya know... after speaking to you... I'm scared.
I hope Thad is doin' ya right! I can't wait to see it... and see it work!!
You commin' to Turkey Dinner in the dez with us at Mother Glamis? I'll be deep fryin' one ...or two!

WetWillie
11-07-2005, 07:26 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/DubC/golf%20cart/sema%20ces/auto-show-photos.jpg

TOBTEK
11-07-2005, 08:18 PM
IS THAT GRANITELLIE's ? the 100K I heard about? IF so...im NOT impressed

02HoWaRd26
11-08-2005, 01:23 AM
We shall see!
Ya I agree mine stomps some serious a$$ as should someone elses!!! :argue:

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-08-2005, 09:35 AM
I sold my quad too! I think it went on one trip after the rhino and was just a pain to load and load back up.

JohnnyAirtime
11-08-2005, 09:52 AM
That thing is gay!
Esp. those shocks out the hood. SUPER GAY!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/DubC/golf%20cart/sema%20ces/auto-show-photos.jpg

riverroyal
11-08-2005, 11:37 AM
I sold my quad too! I think it went on one trip after the rhino and was just a pain to load and load back up.
im taking both this weekend,wifes and mines,if we ride them as much as the last trip,im selling them!I could use the room in the garage and the cash,maybe more stereo in the boat and a nice vacation with the wifey!