PDA

View Full Version : We'll teach those oil companies not to make a buck!!

HighRoller
11-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Another genius idea from Congress. The "windfall" tax. They say it will be fair to give some of these profits back to us by taxing them. Umm....how does that give them back to US????That gives the money to Congress, where every penny of it will disappear in a congressional spending orgy. The windfall tax benefits CONGRESS, allowing these douchebags to buy even more votes with someone else'e hard earned money. You can practically see these guys jerking off thinking about all the pork barrel projects they can fund with that money.
One more question. Why is 10 cents a gallon profit "obscene" according to Congress, but 50 cents a gallon of taxes is okay???? Who is REALLY benefitting from gas sales?

mondorally
11-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Dollar wise the profits may seem obscene to some but I think I read the profit margin was around 10% or so. Should congress go after Microsoft with a 35% margin? Or maybe the company I work for with a 20% margin? Where does it end?
Justin

Jeanyus
11-05-2005, 11:09 AM
I think it's rediculous when American corperatins make a profit, I like it better when our government, taxes and regulates them, to the pioint where they no longer turn a profit, then sell these not profitable industrys to foriegn business. (sarcasm)

Daytona100
11-05-2005, 11:28 AM
My brothers work for BP refinery in carson ca. Both received killer bonus checks DUE TO RECORD PROFITS this year. At least the oil companies are spreading it around to there employees. :notam:

Steve 1
11-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Oil companys work between 8-11% Also they do not set the price of Oil.They want to help Then remove the state and federal taxes..

Liberator TJ1984
11-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Oil companys work between 8-11% Also they do not set the price of Oil.They want to help Then remove the state and federal taxes..
I'm with this , I work for a Global Oil Company with MANY different holdings...
They like to see us at around at least 10 / 12 % net profit ea. month...it may seem like alot at first ....BUT;
What many don't realize is this profit does not go into one man/womans pocket ....it goes back into the many External Investors pockets ....if they don't make money in your market they will pull out and invest elsewhere , just common sense and business :coffeycup