PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a TIG welder....

steelcomp
11-05-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm in the market for a used 200+ amp tig welder, preferably a Miller Dialarc HF, or something similar. Hoping to find an older maching, but in nice condition, that I don't have to spend a lot of $$ on. I'm also willing to pay a fair price for a nice machine. I'm not looking for something to refurbish, or that needs fixing, I need a good working welder that I can get busy with. Please PM me if you have or know of anything.
Thanks in advance.

steelcomp
11-05-2005, 08:44 PM
wow...this website's really screwed up! :squiggle:
BUMP

steelcomp
11-05-2005, 09:35 PM
now I'll bump it again :notam:

WetWillie
11-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Ebay! :messedup:

Jordy
11-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Lincoln had a show special at SEMA on a 185 Tig, that was a sweet deal, or at least it seemed to be. $1650 with free shipping and no tax for those of us who aren't Nevada residents. Came with a starter kit and everything but the argon tank. They said retail was just under $2200. My boss bought one and I thought about it, but I only use my mig half a dozen times a year so it didn't make sense. Might see if you can talk one of the reps into extending the deal though. ;)

steelcomp
11-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks Jordy, I'll check it out. :coffeycup

bigkatboat
11-06-2005, 08:43 AM
I've been asking for an older Bridgeport mill (J head), and a lathe. I've been asking for over a year, and no I don't have a fast enough computer to win on E bay. I've been 'knocked out' in the last few seconds a number of times there. Try Gordon Woods Welding Co. in Southern Calif. I have purchased two TIG welders from them over the past 27 years and they had 'demo' units availble. I bought a used Hobart and a demo Miller, with "no problems".

bigkatboat
11-06-2005, 09:05 AM
You are correct, I don't want to 'fight' to purchase them. I just want to buy and have them delivered. Don't have time to visit the 'repo' houses in southern Calif. right now, but if I must, I'll get around to it. Thanks!

steelcomp
11-06-2005, 10:13 AM
This is why survival of the fittest works so well. Use hammersnipe.com or esnipe .com to place your bids for you, only loosers snipe manually.
That's pretty funny...I've manually out "sniped" the computers a number of times, in pure looser fashion. :rolleyes:

steelcomp
11-06-2005, 10:15 AM
I've been asking for an older Bridgeport mill (J head), and a lathe. I've been asking for over a year, and no I don't have a fast enough computer to win on E bay. I've been 'knocked out' in the last few seconds a number of times there. Try Gordon Woods Welding Co. in Southern Calif. I have purchased two TIG welders from them over the past 27 years and they had 'demo' units availble. I bought a used Hobart and a demo Miller, with "no problems".Thanks bigkat...I'll definately check them out, as well. If I hear of anything mill or lathe wise, I'll let you know.