PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Knucklehead
05-12-2006, 08:53 PM
I recently sent a check to someone in New York for some parts, I live in AZ. The check cleared the 5th, the deal was he would ship them as soon as the check cleared. I didnt get any word so I called, no answer and emailed him on wednesday(10th). He emailed me back that he would see if the check cleared yet and let me know, he hasnt.... Maybe I am impatient, but I'm starting to wonder.
For all I know he might be smokin his last rock out of his $600.00 crack bag.
What can I do if he doesnt send me the parts? any advice would be great and it was a private sell not through Ebay.

H20Advantage
05-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Give him a little more time and then file a report with your local postal inspector. Did you write a check or was it a money order/cashiers check? If it was a check get a good copy from the bank of the front and back so the deadbeats account can be found.
The guy could be hoping that you are two far away to do anything. with ID Theft and all the internet scams the postal inspectors are working these guys hard.
Good luck

C-2
05-12-2006, 09:15 PM
And to expand upon H20's suggestions, after a sufficient amount of time has passed, you might find out who the local PD agency is.
Another HB member bought some car parts from a guy in Oregon, same types of stories..too busy, forgot, will do it tmorrow etc.. Apparently the local Sheriff up there had nothing better to do than visit this guy several times and when he found him - told him to send the parts, refund the money or else. I'm sure $600 moves him into a Felony level crime.
Small claims is not an option, at least not from Cali. You can't serve small claim defendants outside the state of Cali. You could probably sue him back there using your affidavits only.
Check your PM for nasty trick #1.

superdave013
05-12-2006, 09:26 PM
my bank puts a 14 day hold on out of state checks. Even if it has already cleared their bank mines still has the hold on it.
Might be what's going on. But then again he could have spent it on crack rocks and crack hookers.

C-2
05-12-2006, 09:32 PM
And to expand upon H20's suggestions, after a sufficient amount of time has passed, you might find out who the local PD agency is.
Another HB member bought some car parts from a guy in Oregon, same types of stories..too busy, forgot, will do it tmorrow etc.. Apparently the local Sheriff up there had nothing better to do than visit this guy several times and when he found him - told him to send the parts, refund the money or else. I'm sure $600 moves him into a Felony level crime.
Small claims is not an option, at least not from Cali. You can't serve small claim defendants outside the state of Cali. You could probably sue him back there using your affidavits only.
Check your PM for nasty trick #1.
Duh, just realized you're in AZ. You might see what your small claims recourse is there.

Knucklehead
05-12-2006, 10:02 PM
my bank puts a 14 day hold on out of state checks. Even if it has already cleared their bank mines still has the hold on it.
Might be what's going on. But then again he could have spent it on crack rocks and crack hookers.
I was not aware of a 14 day hold on out of state checks, my bank says it cleared Monday, so I thought he had the money. But in his last email he told me he put the check into someone elses account. A grown man doesnt have a bank account, sounded a little strange to me and then he never got back to me.
So I guess I will have to wait another week before I call the National Gaurd.
Thanks

RiverDave
05-13-2006, 02:27 AM
I recently sent a check to someone in New York for some parts, I live in AZ. The check cleared the 5th, the deal was he would ship them as soon as the check cleared. I didnt get any word so I called, no answer and emailed him on wednesday(10th). He emailed me back that he would see if the check cleared yet and let me know, he hasnt.... Maybe I am impatient, but I'm starting to wonder.
For all I know he might be smokin his last rock out of his $600.00 crack bag.
What can I do if he doesnt send me the parts? any advice would be great and it was a private sell not through Ebay.
Not sure about all that, but my advice would be to change your screen name so as to not get confused with the "knuckle-head" (s) that've been around here for a long ass time.. Everytime you post I think your Bill, until I see your avatar.. Good luck with the cash situation.. that sucks. Maybe somebody on here lives somewhere close to where you sent it? (which is the peace of advice pertaining to the thread)
RD

Knucklehead
05-13-2006, 07:09 AM
LMFAO
:shift: :shift: :shift:
Ok lets go over this, Knuckle Head (2 words) Knucklehead (1 word).
Just think of Knucklehead as the younger good looking one :rollside:

BRAWNY
05-13-2006, 07:38 AM
i see peoples court in your future.judge JUDY will fix it for you.
good luck :crossx:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
05-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Hey.....
I got's an idea....
Sen ME a check for $600 and see if it works this time....
If it doesn't, we'll start to see a trend, then we can see what to do next....
Well ?
CJG
:idea:

Big Kahunaa
05-13-2006, 09:22 AM
go to new york and beat him

H20Advantage
05-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Ok lets go over this, Knuckle Head (2 words) Knucklehead (1 word).
Just think of Knucklehead as the younger good looking one :rollside:
:p :p And being the younger one more foolish with his money :cool: :cool:

Mandelon
05-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Notice he said younger, not smarter... :p
We have some board members in NY, if you need more info on the guy.