PDA

View Full Version : Sad time in the RFD.

little rowe boat
11-06-2005, 08:59 PM
11-05-05
1st in the line of duty fatality in the 118 year history of the RFD. Ed collapsed and lost consciousness after fighting a fire in sta.8's district. He was administered ALS on scene and enroute to the the hospital,he never regained consciousness and was pronounced dead a short time later.Ed leaves behind his mother,sister,wife and 13 yr. old daughter,as well as 200 of his brother firefighters at the RFD.Ed you will be forever missed and never forgotten,may God bless you and comfort your family
http://cbs2.com/video/?id=9459@kcbs.dayport.com.

dicudmore
11-06-2005, 09:00 PM
11-05-05
1st in the line of duty fatality in the 118 year history of the RFD. Ed collapsed and lost consciousness after fighting a fire in sta.8's district. He was administered ALS on scene and enroute to the the hospital,he never regained consciousness and was pronounced dead a short time later.Ed leaves behind his mother,sister,wife and 13 yr. old daughter,as well as 200 of his brother firefighters at the RFD.Ed you will be forever missed and never forgotten,may God bless you and comfort your family.
sorry to hear that...

SixDays
11-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Our prayers are with his family and with the membership of the RFD! Very sad to hear!!!

Kachina26
11-06-2005, 09:02 PM
A sad day indeed. My prayers to family and brother firefighters. :cry:

Kilrtoy
11-06-2005, 09:05 PM
GODSPEED
That is always a tragic event ....
Heart goes out to RFD

H20 Toie
11-06-2005, 09:07 PM
My prayers to the family.

phuggit
11-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear about this. Prayers for the family.
Where is station 8?

phebus
11-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Tragic, what a loss. I will pray for the family, friends, and all involved. I am a firm believer that out of all tragedy comes good things, and I pray that some how through his passing others lives, relationships and health awareness become better.
God speed, and rest in peace.
Damn, as a fireman, I hate to hear this stuff.

blackcloud75
11-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Where is station 8?
On the south side of Hole Ave. just east of La Sierra........
For those who know Ed.......we will never forget his dedication to our profession, as well as a mentor to his peers, and a friend to everyone.
Did he ever stand around without his hands in his pockets????
Brother Teran.....Surf's Up....Never forget ya'
Godspeed

Supultlbich
11-07-2005, 06:31 AM
Hate to hear that stuff. Thoughts and prayers will be with Ed and all of the RFD. I cant begin to imagine your sense of loss. They say that we as firemen get used to this type of thing, but it never seems to get any easier. I didnt know Ed but I know that as a fireman he was doing the job he loved to do, and gave his life to help another and nothing is more noble.
God Bless Ed, and all of you, his brothers.
Sean

SDLifesaver
11-07-2005, 06:42 AM
Horrible news Jeff. If there is anything we can do just say the word. Nick

SmokinLowriderSS
11-07-2005, 06:48 AM
My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

little rowe boat
11-07-2005, 07:08 AM
Where is station 8?
LaSierra and Hole.

little rowe boat
11-07-2005, 07:10 AM
Horrible news Jeff. If there is anything we can do just say the word. Nick
Thanks Nick.
As of right now everything is being handled.

OGShocker
11-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Jeff,
Sorry to hear of this horrible day for the RFD. Ed's family and friends will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Mark

little rowe boat
11-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Jeff,
Sorry to hear of this horrible day for the RFD. Ed's family and friends will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Mark
Thanks Mark.
This is all such a shock,it doesn't seem real.

slink
11-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Sad to hear about this kind of stuff.

little rowe boat
11-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Under my original post I entered a link to cbs news that has a little segment about ED.

little rowe boat
11-08-2005, 08:33 AM
The funeral service for Ed the "T-Rex"Teran will be held on Fri. Nov. 11th.

Supultlbich
11-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Under my original post I entered a link to cbs news that has a little segment about ED.
Thanks for posting that. I didnt know him but that sums up the way we all feel about each other on the job. Where is the service going to be? My wife and I would like to come. I assume stadard field dress is appropriate. Let me know if there is anything that can be done.
Sean

little rowe boat
11-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Thanks for posting that. I didnt know him but that sums up the way we all feel about each other on the job. Where is the service going to be? My wife and I would like to come. I assume stadard field dress is appropriate. Let me know if there is anything that can be done.
Sean
The memorial service will be held on fri. at 10:30 am at the St Francis church,located at 4268 lime st. Riverside. The burial will immediately follow at Olivewood cemetary,at 3300 central ave. Riverside.
Standard field dress is appropriate.

little rowe boat
11-09-2005, 01:14 PM
To all the Fire deptments that are stepping up to cover our city while the funeral is going on,which allows all of our personnel to attend.
THANK YOU.

slink
11-09-2005, 01:17 PM
The memorial service will be held on fri. at 10:30 am at the St Francis church,located at 4268 lime st. Riverside. The burial will immediately follow at Olivewood cemetary,at 3300 central ave. Riverside.
Standard field dress is appropriate.
We're (Corona PD) sending our honor guard and a few others

barbigrl
11-09-2005, 01:17 PM
:frown: :frown:

little rowe boat
11-09-2005, 06:16 PM
We're (Corona PD) sending our honor guard and a few others
Thats awesome.
Thanks.
All of our stations are being covered by.
San berdo city
morongo
riv. county
hemet
norco
corona
pachanga
palm springs
murrietta

prop check
11-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Jeff,
Thanks for putting this up. And thanks to all for the best wishes. T-REX will always be missed. see you friday.
Eric ... E8C

little rowe boat
11-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Jeff,
Thanks for putting this up. And thanks to all for the best wishes. T-REX will always be missed. see you friday.
Eric ... E8C
See ya there.

Throttle
11-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Sean
hey sean, bd put out an email for us, we have units going... call me for details if you need them... I am going to double check bd's email seems to be something missing.

Throttle
11-09-2005, 10:29 PM
This is sad news, the sacrafice for those who feel left behind, for a brother giving it all was taken too soon. I have no words to say to ease the loss. I did not know him but, but he is not far away. He is and forever will be a brother to us all. My deepest sympathy and prayers will be with the family and our brotherhood.

little rowe boat
11-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Yesterday 11-11-05 was a very sad and emotional day for all of us at the RFD. The funeral was very impressive,with laughter and tears. Thanks to all of the participating agencies involved. FDNY sent 6 firefighters to attend,there were fire units from all over So.Cal.
The brother and sisterhood of the fire service never ceases to amaze me.
THANK YOU,THANK YOU.

clownpuncher
11-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Indeed a sad day for Riverside City Fire. I don't beleive I've ever met Brother Teren, but, I know he will be missed.
I heard the funeral was impressive from my boys who covered one of your stations. They were more than honored to do so.
Everybody, read my sig.
Roland