PDA

View Full Version : Warning about lake Castaic !

HALLETT BOY
11-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Went to Lake Castaic to do a little testing this last Saturday, one trip around the lake to warm up the oil, then a little on the throttle, way back where no-
body was....Bam ! Caught on Radar ..67mph in a 35 ! Was told to take boat to the ramp and pull out. There were actually more patrol boats on the lake
than anything else. Just a heads -up, they like writing tickets.

HM
11-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Welcome to 2003.

Jbb
11-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Speed limits on lakes......lol........ :D

tcook33
11-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Went to Lake Castaic to do a little testing this last Saturday, one trip around the lake to warm up the oil, then a little on the throttle, way back where no-
body was....Bam ! Caught on Radar ..67mph in a 35 ! Was told to take boat to the ramp and pull out. There were actually more patrol boats on the lake
Castaic sucks.
Shut the lake down and open up the track.....

JetBoatRich
11-07-2005, 08:56 AM
I thought this was old news :eek:
Cataic Sucks :2purples:

HOOTER SLED-
11-07-2005, 08:57 AM
You must be new here. Castaic is a speed trap. I think everyone knows this. You just get away with it more during Summer cuz there are more boats.

Biglue
11-07-2005, 09:08 AM
You must be new here. Castaic is a speed trap. I think everyone knows this. You just get away with it more during Summer cuz there are more boats.
They don't like open containers either. :D :D
I got hit with a pretty big ticket there once.

HOOTER SLED-
11-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Damn beaners tryin' to bring down the local lakes. :D Dude, don't you know, red cup it. :rollside: Never had a problem there. Them mofos even come down on horseback with binoculars in that back cove.

INSman
11-07-2005, 09:12 AM
I did as well once, no fun :mad: :mad: :hammer2: :D

Biglue
11-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Damn beaners tryin' to bring down the local lakes. :D Dude, don't you know, red cup it. :rollside: Never had a problem there. Them mofos even come down on horseback with binoculars in that back cove.
:D :D :D :D
Well that time we slipped up pretty hard bro. Damn I never knew they did all that much. YOu know for as many of those f'n citations they dish out they should use some of the money for removing the logs floating around in that place. I've been there when you have to dodge stuff every couple hundred yards or so.

Biglue
11-07-2005, 09:21 AM
I did as well once, no fun :mad: :mad: :hammer2: :D
I got off easy though. They said pay the fine or do a boating safety class. I figured a Saturday vs. $450, I did the class and a $10 fee. :umm: :)

BIGAMIST
11-07-2005, 09:21 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

HOOTER SLED-
11-07-2005, 09:26 AM
I got off easy though. They said pay the fine or do a boating safety class. I figured a Saturday vs. $450, I did the class and a $10 fee. :umm: :)
I've actually had a couple of friends get caught too. They just made them get rid of it. Go figure.

Biglue
11-07-2005, 09:29 AM
I've actually had a couple of friends get caught too. They just made them get rid of it. Go figure.
Yeah I've seen that too. Where they just make you open and spill every beer on board. It's heart breaking. :2purples:

H20 Toie
11-07-2005, 10:44 AM
I didn't need to worry about them spying on me, they just followed where ever i went, Go figure like i was going to speed :D :D :D

MagicMtnDan
11-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Silly boater, Castaic is for fishing :cry:

Ziggy
11-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Yeah I've seen that too. Where they just make you open and spill every beer on board. It's heart breaking. :2purples:
LOL--that was when the drought was on and this was a method to help refill the lake :p :rolleyes: :D

HALLETT BOY
11-07-2005, 12:50 PM
I won't know the cost of the citation until it gets posted on LA Co court's
website, the officers said check the website in a couple of weeks. Is this why no local area boat and engine builders go to Lake Castaic to test ?

Jacamo
11-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Is this why no local area boat and engine builders go to Lake Castaic to test ?
They go to Castaic,they dont get busted :)