PDA

View Full Version : HEMI ram

Riverat84
11-07-2005, 11:01 AM
im so damn suprised at how my new hemi ram tows, everyone said its not a good tower at all, then recently i bought one, and it worked VERY WELL! im curious how much the new baer decellarotors (all 4) would cost for my truck...anyone know how much they're running? thanx alot

djunkie
11-07-2005, 11:21 AM
How much weight do you tow with it?

LAFD
11-07-2005, 11:48 AM
im very inpressed with how mine tows doesnt feel like theres a trailor there but you definitly see it when you goto fill up.

Outnumbered
11-07-2005, 08:59 PM
im so damn suprised at how my new hemi ram tows, everyone said its not a good tower at all, then recently i bought one, and it worked VERY WELL! im curious how much the new baer decellarotors (all 4) would cost for my truck...anyone know how much they're running? thanx alot
Who is everyone? Probably not anyone that has one. The Hemi is strong. It just likes to rev. Mine pulls better than any small block Chevy I ever owned. Congrats on the new truck.

Riverat84
11-10-2005, 11:21 AM
i really dont think my 76 eliminator and trailer weigh even up to bout 3500 pounds, but still i didnt even feel much till i hit a bump...its really good though.

Red Eye
11-10-2005, 11:59 AM
im very inpressed with how mine tows doesnt feel like theres a trailor there but you definitly see it when you goto fill up.
You ain't lying about that. It does pay to keep it at 60mph when towing. I know no one does that, but I normally pull my atv trailer averaging 75MPH to Pismo 160 miles north of my house. I'll go through a little more then a 1/2 tank. Then one time I followed my sis and bro in law and they were pulling their toy hauler. We averaged 60mph and I used just a little less then a 1/4 tank. So it pays to slow down if at all possible.

Outnumbered
11-10-2005, 10:20 PM
I tow the Ultra (5,000# plus gear and peeps) from Phoenix 1,300 elevation to Flag 7,000 elevation to Powell 3,600 elevation and then back and get 10mpg round trip. Almost the same mileage running to Mead, just a hair better. Running 75mph most of the way on either route and using the tow/haul mode. This is with a AWD/4x4 Durango and 3.55 gears.

K9Blitz
11-11-2005, 09:39 PM
What are the Baer Decellarotors going to do for you?
I have an 04 Hemi Quad Cab 4x4 with a lift and 315/70/17 tires. I even stepped up and had 4.56 gears installed. The truck tows my 24' Essex just fine. The 34 gal gas tanks helps on the long trips. Setting the cruise control at 75 driving from So. Cal to Laughlin (without the boat), I've topped out at 13.4 mpg. Thats using a GPS to calculate mpg and not the trip computer. I've been very impressed with the truck so far. 16,500 miles.

Riverat84
11-12-2005, 09:34 AM
yeah im actually scared of towing my boat past 60...the trailer shakes my dodge a lil too much. it sure does kill the mileage when i tow it though...i get almost 13 w/ my HEMI towing nothing driving fine, then i get about 9-10 towing my small boat, jeez it sure does make a difference, especially when i have to use 89 octane in this beast...especially when towing.

Outnumbered
11-12-2005, 01:36 PM
yeah im actually scared of towing my boat past 60...the trailer shakes my dodge a lil too much. it sure does kill the mileage when i tow it though...i get almost 13 w/ my HEMI towing nothing driving fine, then i get about 9-10 towing my small boat, jeez it sure does make a difference, especially when i have to use 89 octane in this beast...especially when towing.
I've towed with my Ram 2500 and Durango well above 70 with over 6,000# and they were both stable, pulling a tandem trailer. Is your truck lifted? It sounds like there is a problem that needs attention. 60mph towing should feel smooth and in control. You may want to check your tongue weight, alignment on truck and trailer, etc.