PDA

View Full Version : Lean supercharger motor

John Hayson
11-08-2005, 07:07 AM
need to know if I need an additional fuel pump when the fuel tank is over 8 feet away from the engine. I have a 377 mercruiser with a procharger running 7 psi of boost. the stock motor burned a piston from running to lean.

carreraboat
11-08-2005, 07:42 AM
a fuel presure guage would help

John Hayson
11-08-2005, 08:05 AM
I have a fuel pressure gage running 60 psi under boost also have a boost gage its hard to keep track at 75 mph in rough water. engine gaurdian on motor may have leaned the engine but not sure

carreraboat
11-09-2005, 07:32 AM
was the fuel curve remaped for a blower did the pressure fall off at full boost

John Hayson
11-09-2005, 08:46 AM
no according to procharger this blower should work with a stock ecm. it is hard to keep track of the fuel pressure and I did not see a fuel pressure drop I am rebuilding the motor with custom blower pistons and plan on having boostpower dyno the motor when I'm done They should reset the ecm for this motor Im just worried about fuel delivery from the tank that is futherest away from the motor Approx eight feet of hose to the stock fuel pump

HP350SC
11-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Some good info from Dustin Whipple in this thread..http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58291&highlight=small+block+oil+cooler

faster
11-10-2005, 09:08 PM
need to know if I need an additional fuel pump when the fuel tank is over 8 feet away from the engine. I have a 377 mercruiser with a procharger running 7 psi of boost. the stock motor burned a piston from running to lean.
Don't know much about them but I am running two pumps, One standard Pump, (6lbs I think) and that feeds the high pressure fuel pump. Seems to work pretty well.

haysonj
11-12-2005, 08:25 AM
this motor has two fuel pumps just like the big blocks one at the fuel filter and one high pressure for the injectors but the one tank is eight feet away and going through a Imco fuel valve and pre filter also has anti syphon valves on fuel tanks which I've already tested I may be going down the wrong road here as it may have been an oil problem as this motor only had a 5 quart oil pan I'm installing a Dooley 9 quart pan with an oil cooler.