11-08-2005, 08:07 AM
CLIPPERS
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Caribbean Jet
11-08-2005, 08:12 AM
Lakers because the Clippers will choke.

Jyruiz
11-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Tuff to say, the Clippers are much inproved this year, and they don't have as many new players on the team as the Lakers do. I think the Clippers will have a better record for the 1st half of the season, and they the Lakers will catch them in the second half and pass them.

dmontzsta
11-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Lakers are playing great right now.
Plus they have PJ, so you know they are going to do well.

Supultlbich
11-08-2005, 08:19 AM
Maybe if the Clippers can manage to put one good season together I would be in their corner, but history tells us otherwise. Heart is with the Clippers, but I have to go with the Lakers.

All IN
11-08-2005, 08:46 AM
The season is early. The Lakers will have a better record then the Clippers when the season is done. Donald Sterling is the worst owner in professional sports.
By the way how many championship banners do the Clippers have hanging in Staples Center. :rollside: :rollside:
Thats right ZERO

1h20lowrider
11-08-2005, 01:34 PM
CLIPPERS first game against the lakers is nov. 18
Clippers better team on paper,and they will be BETTER than :D the Lakers!

h2oski2fast
11-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Lakers, of course!

AirtimeLavey
11-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Clips off to a strong start, but it'll be the Lake's, baby! :D

Ivan Dan
11-08-2005, 02:34 PM
LAKERS!!!! Clips looks decent so far but they got blown out last night in Minnesota.

GAME TIME
11-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Lakers WILL have a better record this year. Last year was horrible and one of the worst seasons in the teams history. So it will not happen again.

dmontzsta
11-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Did anyone see the Lakers manhandle the nuggets? That was a beating.

Jyruiz
11-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Did anyone see the Lakers manhandle the nuggets? That was a beating.
Saw it, and was very impress with Minh, wish he would bring it like that every game.

dmontzsta
11-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Saw it, and was very impress with Minh, wish he would bring it like that every game.
They are putting the stomp on Atlanta on the road right now.
I disagree with their bench not being deep. They have some great players on this team. How about Smush Parker? that dude has stepped up big.
Smush
Bryant
Odom
Brown
Mihm
Is working pretty well so far.
That leaves dudes like McKey, Cook, Walton, George, etc... all on the bench.

dmontzsta
11-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Atlanta and Denver are not good teams. Without Nene Rolario, the Nuggets will be lucky to win 30 games.
They definately have more stars than the Lakers.

Beer Factor
11-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Clips, easy choice there :)
Deeper bench, better players (except for Kobe), better team players, hungry and out to prove they belong.
The clips can't get over the hump. I think they both will be better this year. The Zen man is back. Go lakers!

totenhosen
11-09-2005, 03:37 PM
They definately have more stars than the Lakers.
Name one star the Clippers have????

dmontzsta
11-09-2005, 05:22 PM
I think you should read, this comment was about Denver.
:jawdrop:

1h20lowrider
11-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Elton Brand! :notam:

Jyruiz
11-09-2005, 07:27 PM
The Nuggets suck. They will be LUCKY to win 30 games this season. Nene was their best players, as will be evidenced by the fact that they will be lucky to win 30 games with Carmelo Anthony alone.
Nene, better than Carmelo? I don't think so, i don't even think Nene is better than K-Mart. If Nene was better than both of those players, he would have gotten the fat contract he was looking for.

1h20lowrider
11-09-2005, 07:52 PM
The game at denver was LAME, Kobe had to be a hero there because he had to shut up those BOOOOOO'S he was receiving...The people in Colorado are still mad that he raped that white girl! :crossx:

1h20lowrider
11-09-2005, 08:05 PM
I also wanted to mention that the LAMERS lost tonite,oooops I mean the lakers!

Havasu1986
11-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Neither will win over 42 games

Jyruiz
11-09-2005, 08:40 PM
You can think whatever you'd like, there's a reason a guy with almost no basketball experience was the 7th overall pick.
He's in the last season of his rookie contract, and since he's out of the season, I doubt an extension is in his future. Look for him to sign a big deal with somebody else in the offseason.
Sorry Bob, Nene try to get his extension over the summer, the Nuggest instead gave him the qualifying offer. I guess that tells you how much they value him. Did you know that the Nuggets signe Earl Watson to ship Andre Miller to the Celtics with Nene, for Paul Pierce? Nene is good, but he is not that good, his value is more than other players because he is a big, and bigs are hard to come by in the NBA.

Jyruiz
11-09-2005, 09:03 PM
And that's why he'll get his $6M a year from another team that is committed to winning, because the Nuggets are cheaper than they are bad. They went into the season with Nene and Camby in the post, neither of which could be counted on to finish an entire season. You cannot compete in the West without a solid big man. Nene was a space and minute eater that would give them a double double every night and play good tough defense, something which Camby refuses to do.
Nene doesn't even play defense, and 6 mil does not mean you are that good for a big man. The Nuggets are not cheap, they just don't want to overspend for an under achiever, he is physically talented, but he does not put the effort, unless he is on offense. Denver is not my favorite team and I am not defending them, but I watch, read, and sleep basketball and I have seen Nene play quite a bit.

Jyruiz
11-09-2005, 09:40 PM
The Nuggets are cheap. They were, what, a couple wins from the Finals a few years ago? WTF happened to them? I've never seen a team go from good to bad so quickly, maybe the Ravens. ;)
The Nuggets do have one of the lowest team Salaries, but that does not mean they should overpay. The Nuggets are 27 and the Spurs are 23 in team salaries, one mil seperates them. They were close to the WTF back in the 93-94 season when they knocked out the Sonics. The Nuggets came in with the #8 seed and knocked off the #1 seeded Sonics. The Nuggets were then eliminated by the Jazz in seven games. They have never gotten that close again since then.

totenhosen
11-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Elton Brand! :notam:
Not a star!

totenhosen
11-10-2005, 08:50 AM
We've already discussed your skewed view of what a "star" is? I think you said they were required to have a shoe deal or some such nonsense. Corey Maggette is a huge star, but he's not playing. Elton Brand is a star. Sam I Am has averaged 16 ppg and 6 asts over a 13 year NBA career, I think that would qualify him as a minor star.
Cory Maggette is your typical run of the mill shooting guard/small forward. Nothing special about him. There are like 20+ guys just like him. Again Brand is a good player but hardly a star.
Skewed view hardly. It's called reality and the ability to look outside of one's favorite team. Oh yeah also a much larger basketball IQ. :D

Beer Factor
11-10-2005, 07:31 PM
The Clippers will be like the Dodgers this year.Fast start,slow finish.

1h20lowrider
11-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Not a star!
So does your B-BAll I.Q. tell you that Chris Mihm is a star?
Elton Brand is a star, read what the washington players said after he had his 181st tripple double! Or are there I.Q.'s smaller than yours also??

totenhosen
11-11-2005, 06:38 AM
So does your B-BAll I.Q. tell you that Chris Mihm is a star?
Elton Brand is a star, read what the washington players said after he had his 181st tripple double! Or are there I.Q.'s smaller than yours also??
No Chris Mihm sucks. I'm willing to admit that not ever player on the lakers is a star.
And actually Shockwave Bob this was a ploy. I admitted in our last conversation that Elton Brand is a star in the league but not a SUPERSTAR! :D

totenhosen
11-11-2005, 09:32 PM
No response?

totenhosen
11-12-2005, 12:08 AM
What am I responding to exactly? The fact that you admitted Chris Mihm sucks? You're a rocket scientist now, congratulations. You're willing to admit that not every player on the Lakers is a star? You're the Lee Corso of professional basketball prognostication. :rolleyes:
And what's your deal with this "no response" BS? Do you imagine yourself sitting behind your keyboard with a smug look on your face thinking about me sitting in front of my computer befuddled by your remarks with nothing to say? I was doing some laundry jackass, I try not getting my laptop too close to the washer.
You are a bball God. I bow down to you! So you do laundry from 7am until 11pm? Must be hard hanging close up on a line instead of using a dryer.
Think back to our original conversation about "star" vs' "superstar" and you might actually have a clue.

totenhosen
11-12-2005, 07:31 AM
I worked yesterday dipshit.
jackass it didn't stop you from posting at other times. :idea: (You posted at 10am, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 8pm etc. The computer doesn't lie) So dipshit is uncalled for.
(I hope you don't take all this talk as serious. Just good natured ribbing.)

Beer Factor
11-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Clips, easy choice there :)
Deeper bench, better players (except for Kobe), better team players, hungry and out to prove they belong.
Lakers have a deeper history for winning. It should be good to see them go at it next friday.