PDA

View Full Version : "GUCCI" BOATERS

RUN2RIVER
03-14-2002, 11:20 PM
Has anyone else seen a problem with what I call "GUCCI" boaters? I call a person a GUCCI boater when they think that just because they can afford to put in a big blown motor with tons of power that they need it as their first boat. They see their boat as a status sign or they have to be #1. This is Dangerous! I have seen more people like this have accidents at the launch ramps and collisions with other boats because they have no idea what they are doing. Just because you can afford a boat like this does not mean that you should have a boat like that. Gain some experience and learn what to do and what not to do. This is why I am a firm believer that liscenses should be MANDATED on all bodies of water. Anyone else agree/disagree?

Cole
03-15-2002, 06:17 AM
i disagree,its not brain surgury to back a boat into the water or learn how to drive one,if he can afford one, then he has earned the right to buy one!! just use common sense and i am sure he'll figure it out soon enough!!! Cole

Blown Sleek
03-15-2002, 12:31 PM
Tell ya what! No one in my crowd has ever had boat accident! I had first outboard 1977 was dirving alone prior!! Never a problem!!
I guerantee they would never give me a boat lic or let me keep it!! Mr Gucci I am sure can afford the law suits, pay for the gel coat repair etc. But when he hurts my little boy or family he will not buy his way out of it! Forget the lic stuff it will come anyways!! I see more accidents on speed limited lakes than in the open water!!B.T.W A kid with a pocket full of money a clean driving record and ... Killed my buddy who had two kids and a great wife!! They both had licenses and clean records. Now who is suffering? (motorcycle accident)

HAVASU DCB
03-15-2002, 03:30 PM
I DON'T AGREE!! WHAT IS HE GOING TO PRACTICE WITH? A JET BOAT WITH A BIG BLOCK. FIGURE IT OUT.

Blown Sleek
03-15-2002, 10:49 PM
Just tell him to practice in an area large enough to accomidate his new big boat.I will keep my big block jet out of you'r bath tubs and he can keep his beutiful luxury yacht out of the puddle untill he learns how to use his depth guage while reading the owners manule??? Maybe he can practice docking and trailering on the off week ends? That way I do not have to call my ins company every time he plows by the road runner?? Just my o2.Maybe some of us would be a little kinder if they had a little consideration??How would you feel if the guy with the (Otter?) on page 116 newest issue decided he was entitled to the river to and landed on you'r beutifl new ship?? There is a time and place for everything!!!! Just got to figure out how to keep the holiday parties from killing it for everyone else.

ratso
03-15-2002, 11:11 PM
RUN@RIVER... Just whose side are you on??? Theres already enough up against us. Most people are fairly responsible, so why try to govern us because of a few jerks?

RUN2RIVER
03-16-2002, 09:19 AM
Ratso I am on the side of safety. Ever been to Havasu or Parker on a big weekend? If you have you probably would have noticed gangbangers and thugs in rental boats cruising up and down the lake. THEY HAVE NO PLACE THERE!!! All that they want to do is to get drunk and party. I was in the jumping cove just up from the dam on Havasu last 4th. A boatload of gangbangers came in in a rented boat. They were hammered and obviously had no idea what they were doing. To navigate through the crowd (NO JOKE) they had two guys on the front of the boat pushing off other people's boats with gardening rakes. They went to push off of mine while trying to get to the back, I blew a gasket. Their comment was "ehh maan. dont bee so serious." Yeah right. When you have over 120k invested in a boat and it is your baby, you take care of it. If liscenses were mandatory and fairly (not extremely) difficult to get, the one time a year boaters/drunk partiers would not get one or if they applied then they would not pass. I just want to keep the idiots off of the water and get back to a good old boy sport. No more kids with daddy's boat out on the water. If they are, they better know how to drive. If you know how to drive and the rules of the water, you should be up for this. No problem passing and it will keep the idiots of of the lake. WOO HOO more space for me!

RiverLife
03-16-2002, 10:46 PM
RUN2RIVER,
I totally agree with you! If you know what you are doing and think that safety is pretty important, then what is the big deal? I know I would pass, and I don't break the law. If you do break the law, then F--K you, you got what you deserved. Like "Blown Sleek", I'm sure your a nice guy and would love to hang at the river, but your record is nothing to be proud of. It's people like you that end up killing people because you "keep driving anyway." If you don't want your driver/ boating license taken away..................... DON'T BREAK THE F-----ING LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And for all of you who say that accidents still happen even though drivers licenses exist, just imagine what it would be like if they didn't! It won't make it completely safe on the water, but it would help a great deal!! Maybe even some of those stabbings that have been going on at Havasu because of those dumb ass gang-bangers wouldn't happen either. We don't need that shit!
Don't want to offend anyone, sorry if I did! I'll buy you a round. I just like to feel safe with my family and friends.
RL (Jason)

Boatjob
03-16-2002, 10:53 PM
BITTERNESS, BITTERNESS, BITTERNESS........

RUN2RIVER
03-16-2002, 11:17 PM
Amen Jason. We do need to get the people who don't belong off of the lake. I am not saying that this is any stereotype of person, but people who like to cause problems in general. The big problems come from the gangbangers and thugs that think that Havasu and Parker are just places to party. I belive that this is a result of the unfortunate appearance of MTV at spring break. I can remember Havasu as a good time location not a place to worry about getting into problems. During the old days, at the most you would see 2 guys throwing blows. It is pathetic and sad now that while at Havasu you have to worry about being either shot or stabbed. Those guys are a bunch of pu##Ys. If you have a problem deal with it, but don't shoot or stab someone. I miss the good old days at Havasu that is for sure. Nowdays I probably go there 1-2 times a year. Simply because I worry about my stuff and my family/friends. While boating the only thing that I should have to worry about is how much gas I have left in my tank.

froggystyle
03-18-2002, 12:50 AM
You know what you guys need to do is get together with about six coolers in the middle of your party, and don't come up until all of the coolers are empty, and you have the river's problems solved! hehe http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
This sounds remarkably like a thread we had about this time last year called "Trouble at the River"
Look it up!

BADHTMSR24
03-18-2002, 06:07 AM
I have heard fo these gangbangers renting boats and coming out on the lake and causing great problems,is it as bad as it sounds.I am planning a trip out to Havasu this summer with my wife and kids,if this is what i can expect i will stop at LAKE OF THE OZARKS instead.I really want to come to Havasu so help me out here left coasters is it safe or what.

Cole
03-18-2002, 06:38 AM
Are you guys talking about Havasu????? lake Havasu...in AZ...close to parker?? Im there almost every weekend and have never ran into the problems your talking about...maybe theres another havasu near ..maybe Compton,or south central,just clarifying??
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Cole

RUN2RIVER
03-18-2002, 06:45 AM
Yes Cole that very Havasu. I don't think that there is more than One. Well I guess if YOU havent seen it then it must not be happening. Too bad I was standing about 15' away from the guy at the sand bar 2 memorial days ago when he got stabbed. All you know is that you hear two guys arguning and then you hear shouting and red water flowing past your feet. But since you didn't see it it must not have happened. Hmm how about the 116 DUI's that they gave out last year at spring break. But then again you didn't mention that so it must be false too. Why don't you educate us on what actually happens. Because I guess that I am in a dream world with everything that I have seen. Since you are the expert on Havasu Cole why don't you paint the Marry Popins picture for all of us. Harmony, Courtesy, etc... Instead of reality, Fights, stabings, gangbangers, etc.... It would be appreciated. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif

Cole
03-18-2002, 06:56 AM
Well i guess i must always be in the right place at the right time...i guess next time i'll bring my guns,knifes,granades,bullet proof vests ......bazooka.
I am not the expert,just havent seen it thats all!!!! Cole

ratso
03-18-2002, 08:00 AM
2 scary thoughts: First one is that R2R goes into law enforcement and starts patrolling the beaches and river. Second one is if he decides to run for office. I'm gonna have nightmares for weeks now!

Cole
03-18-2002, 09:14 AM
He's going to be building "GUCCI" boats overseas...Good luck http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Cole

MrHavasuCat
03-18-2002, 12:30 PM
If you go to Havasu on the major weekends (Memorial, laborday, fourt of july) you will see the gangsters if you look. Now that the sandbar is closed down it is not as bad. That is where most of the problems happened.
I had a run in with a gangster in the channel last laborday when he grabbed my boat when I was trying to park in the channel. He stated that he was saving the spot which is bullshit. It has always been open parking to whom ever gets there first. I ended up kicking his hand off my boat and then the cops showed up. The guy was in the water challenging me to a fight in front of this female officer and she did not do shit. I ended up parking a few spots over because the officer did not want me to park in the original spot. When this piece of shit realized that I had about 30 friends on the beach waiting for me as opposed to about the five he had, he all of a sudden was rather nice. It is to bad that it has gotten like that, but I just stay away on the holiday weekends and they don't seem to be out there.
I agree with the MTV spring break special starting the problems. It seems that it started right after that.

RiverLife
03-18-2002, 02:13 PM
BADHTMSR24,
That is all true! It is still a nice place to go, there are always places you can go to get away from the crowds at Havasu, even on busy weekends, but if you go to the "cool guy" party areas on those weekends, you can expect to have to protect your boat from some ignorant assholes on a regular basis, and will see some of the gang-bangers trying to video tape all of the thongs while they drink from there bongs. It's mainly just how high is your tolerance level.
"MTV SUCKS"

Jrocket
03-18-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by MrHavasuCat:
I had a run in with a gangster in the channel last laborday when he grabbed my boat when I was trying to park in the channel. He stated that he was saving the spot which is bullshit. It has always been open parking to whom ever gets there first. I ended up kicking his hand off my boat and then the cops showed up. The guy was in the water challenging me to a fight in front of this female officer and she did not do shit. I ended up parking a few spots over because the officer did not want me to park in the original spot. When this piece of shit realized that I had about 30 friends on the beach waiting for me as opposed to about the five he had, he all of a sudden was rather nice. It is to bad that it has gotten like that, but I just stay away on the holiday weekends and they don't seem to be out there.
Unfortunately this is a very typical scenario.Thats how it usually ends up,a few tough guys talk crap to one guy by himself,then they find out theyre out numbered and you get the..."Oh hey BRO its cool,we dont want no problems ehh".The big weekends arent worth going for to me.I think Glamis is even worse,they dont need a boat to get into the mix.They just need directions on how to get there.......JR

LOWRIVER2
03-18-2002, 05:13 PM
Wow, all this hoopla, I guess Wicky was smart after all moving to Idaho. While I'm not a part of it, the group Froggystyle brought up is a bunch of boaters looking to have fun in/around boats. You'd probably have fun with em and have a new group of friends to hang/ stick with when idiots raise their heads.
Being a lawman myself, I tend to stay away from any crowds in general as I get enough attitude from the masses (it's really spelled: them asses)I've seen the gangsters at Havasu, you guys will overcome them by numbers, just remember to back each other (boaters) up, you're the ones in control and you WILL win by numbers. Hell, forget the gangsters, I'd stay away from Havasu on big weekends for the jacked up hotel rooms, crowded launch ramps and new boaters who think it's okay to load the boat as it's put in the water.
As for licenses, vote in/ call you're congress people, the times have changed, unlike gated neighborhoods in South Orange county, you can't "price out" or "regulate out" what you consider "undesirables" at public places.
Happy boating with the masses on holidays
Nothing against Havasu but there's lots of other places to boat and have fun without crowds (or just the crowds you don't like), just look around.
LowRiver

RiverLife
03-18-2002, 05:27 PM
RUN2RIVER, what is your e-mail address, e-mail it to me?! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
RL (Jason)

Sandbar Mike
03-18-2002, 05:31 PM
Guy guys I have to get a take on this/
without offending and sayn chollo, nig** or white bullshit trash MO FO.
People shouldn't wear there bandana's, Hair nets to the river,and most of all if you and your friends have no mode of water transportation get the fu** out.(unless your female of course). I can remember the days where every person who drove buy you waved or smiled. Don't get me wrong, they still do but not as much.
To end on a good note,
If someone getting harassed or punked and needs some help, give it to him.
I hope youll do the same for me.
LowRiver2,I Couldn't aggree with you more.
Thats just my opinion I may be wrong.
Mike

RiverDave
03-18-2002, 06:00 PM
So the problem is Gang Bangers in Havasu.. And the solution is to make all the Normal Boaters get licenses? Hey I got an idea.. How about 0 tolerance on alcohol for boat drivers? They shouldn't be drinking in the first place right?
You know what a boat is a dangerous place.. You could fall off and hit your head on something.. We better make it zero tolerance for the passengers too.. Just to make sure there "Qualified" to ride shotgun we should make them get permits? After all a bad dock hand can very easily injure people in a crowded situation as well. What do ya guys think of a license to tie a rope?
I don't mean to be an asshole, but if the problem is "gang bangers" then figure out a way to inconvenience them not us.. Call the rental agency and tell them how you feel about the people that rented the boat.. Tell them that you will complain to the city and eventually get rentals shut down becuase of lack of proper instruction while renting a boat. But for god sakes keep legislation out of boating.. We already have enough laws in this country and too many regarding boating..
It's going to be a sad day when I take my kids to the river and I have to put them into there "protective bubble." Ya know when that helmet law came out in California it was the general consensus that there was no way that thing was going to pass.. So much for the "wind in the hair feeling." Another right taken away.. (I'm not saying don't wear a helmet, I'm just saying it should be a choice)
I can't hardly believe that anyone would be for more legislation.. Once you give them the ok they don't ever stop..
Plus the more laws you make and the less people have to think for themselves, the LESS they do think for themselves..
Look at people who sue and WIN becuase the vending machine that they were rocking fell on them.. Becuase there wasn't a warning sticker saying if they do that they could get hurt.. ?? What the ****? If I was that judge I would've laughed that guy all the way out of court..
[This message has been edited by RiverDave (edited March 18, 2002).]

1quickjet
03-18-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Sandbar Mike:
F'N A right Mike! I always got a brotha's back! Even though I took some crap for it on these boards a while back. Great point, help out another boater if he/she is outnumbered by any river scum.

BADHTMSR24
03-18-2002, 06:54 PM
I have only heard rumors on some of the other forums that i am on,but i did hear that there was automatic weapon fire at the mouth of some channel or some part of the lake that was being closed off due to the partying/fighting problem. Is that true or just a rumor. I have wanted to come to Lake Havasu for a while now and this was going to be my first time,i am very easy to get along with but i can not stand them uneducated gangbangers and would not be responsible for some street thugs head that was ****ing with my hot little wife in her thong. Unfortunately i have a very bad temper once someone gets it out of me.The bad thing is they dont fight with fists anymore and it doesnt matter how bad a person is ,they cant stop a bullet.

Jrocket
03-18-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave:
Hey I got an idea.. How about 0 tolerance on alcohol for boat drivers? They shouldn't be drinking in the first place right?
Well RD.I think we disagree.I dont think the person driving should drink at all.NO I dont.Theres no reason too.My opinion....JR

ratso
03-18-2002, 07:26 PM
C'mon JR...Maybe just one or two. Where I'm at they do breathalyzers on the lake. Right now it is borderline harassment even if the passengers drink. One guy I know used to get belligerent and buzz by skiers and houseboaters at 90mph, then last July he was so drunk that he forgot to latch his trailer and did $5000 in damage, no insurance and he can't pay me all the money yet, everybody is HAPPY now. One less idiot this year.

Jrocket
03-18-2002, 08:37 PM
Ratso....That was funny..HEHEHE..JR

Skaterfast
03-18-2002, 09:07 PM
Without taking a whole page.Here it is in a nut shell.
1.Los Angeles & Orange Counties = 5,000,000 people give or take.
2.One river(Colorado)with 3 or 4 lakes.Give or take.
3.One out of fifteen families own boats,give or take.
4.What this equals is chaos.
It could be so much worse.We should be happy that the starting price for a boat is around 30k.This is at least keeping some of the rif raf away.What makes me laugh is that you can win a 16 foot Bayliner on Wheel of Fortune and drive it the next day at 50mph.I guarantee that some day in the near future the only boaters you will see on Havasu are those that have an address there.So much for keeping it short.

LOWRIVER2
03-18-2002, 09:46 PM
With all the ocean boats on Havasu, You already keep me and my pesky 19ft. Eliminator off Havasu. I think 25ft. cats will be the minimum length to safely navigate that water soon enough anyways. That's cool, nothing over 21ft. dares to come where I boat either. To each his own. OOps, I guess I don't belong here, I don't have a cat, but this topic applies to all of us so what the hell.
My area keeps knuckleheads out by the fact you have to rent something in an RV park or own water front property to have access to a launch ramp. Has kept crowds way down.
LR

Blown Sleek
03-19-2002, 12:38 AM
Well! Low River! Looks like we boat in the same places! when I go to Havasu I put to the challows on holidays! Then it's river time to topock and eaven to Laughlin!! Got little Jet myself sorry I should not be here either! Rive Life! Not to piss on you either but when a boat load of (people) used various aperatus to splash me (on my jet ski) I (subbed it) roosting them (like rain)
Later I got knuckle marks in my fore head by more of them than I can count!! Well deserved as it was 120 degrees out and I got them wet! I got saved by a guy or two!!As far as breaking the law? Try driving to the river at the speed limit! (55) I tried 65 once and it almost cost me my life (really) By the way the lady that hit me stopped then drove away!! She has a clean record and a license! You obey the law, I will choose to stay alive and take care of my family! When you and you'r license run into the people I care about cause you have the right,the money and the license remember one thing! You get zero tollerance like you asked for.
I am with River Dave! Nicely said R.D. (I will try to sugar coat it next time) As for the test? I challenge you now! You will loose! Step up.

Blown Sleek
03-19-2002, 12:47 AM
As for Havasu law enforcement on holidays.
Been through the ringer for D.U.I. tests galore!!! If they wanted to they could have taken me away forever over and over!
The fact is they seem to use common sense.
Exercise caution.
Stay in controle!
Thirty years of open containers!! Driver drinking!
Not Drunk Driving!!
Just use you'r F..king head!
If you need you'r mommy to keep you in controle invite her to the river!
My mommy tought me common sense.
(course she says the same thing about my driving record)
Go figure no accidents! NONE Just got ran over by a licensed foreigner then she tried to sew me!!

Havasu_Dreamin
03-19-2002, 08:06 AM
I know someone else already said it, but the biggest problem with the riff-raff, or whatever you want to call them, is that they can go and rent a boat, or PWC, with little to no instruction. Make the rental companies take more care and responsibility to who they rent to and I suspect 75% of the problem is solved.
I went to Havasu as a kid and it was obviously a lot less crowded. We just started going back a few years ago and the one common theme I here from the people I have met and the people on this board is that it all went downhill after MTV came for Spring Break.
Well, that can be prevented from happening. I'm sure those of us that go to Havasu on a more regular basis pump more money into the economy than MTV does.
Interestingly enough the Havasu news paper has a poll going on their website today about inviting MTV back. www.havasunews.com (http://www.havasunews.com)
We, as real boaters, need to work together to protect Havasu and the other parts of the river.
Just my $1.50.
HD

RiverLife
03-19-2002, 12:13 PM
BlownSleek,
I agree with almost everything you have said in your posts; like learning how to drive your boat, dock, and trailer, etc. on off weekends (I teach my girlfriend during the winter) to avoid accidents, and that manufactures should do a better job of making sure you know what the **** your doing, and rental companies..... well they should just be shot! I AGREE WITH YOU!!! However, the ONE thing that I don't agree with is your previous statement, "I have had my license taken away more times than I care to express!" For one thing, a drivers license is a whole new thread, this one is about responsible/ competent boaters and PWC users, which I'm sure you are in which case you and I should have no problem. But losing you drivers license, more than once, and still driving is not responsible... you've got kids right? If you are not responsible on the road, you're probably not responsible on the water. I just fear people who break the law..... repeatedly, and still drive/ boat. How to solve it, I don't know, but it isn't right!
Lastly, what test are you talking about? Are you telling ME to step up?!?! You've got issues. What's with the challenging?
However, I also agree, that no matter how good of a driver anyone is (boat/ car whatever) shit will still happen. Like you're unfortunate incident with that foreigner, I'm sure you were doing fine but that dumb bitch was out of control. It's happened to all of us! I'm just saying that with a mandatory course or something (like with driving a car) it would prevent a lot of things from happening. It won't stop shit from happening, just reduce the frequency.
Again, sorry for the negative words, really I am, I still wouldn't mind hookin' up and making one of those runs up toward Topock and Laughlin, but there is no need in telling me to STEP UP!!
[This message has been edited by RiverLife (edited March 19, 2002).]

future boater
03-19-2002, 12:20 PM
i think being voted number three by playboy on there top ten list for sprong break destinations didnt help any either.

future boater
03-19-2002, 12:22 PM
sprong-n.-an article of clothing similar to a thong worn on spring break at havasu.all right yougot me it was a typo, meant to say spring.

Skaterfast
03-19-2002, 07:59 PM
I dream of owning a business some day and being able to say "sorry mr. customer we dont take cash here".You can't turn business away or you will be out of business.Especialy if it's a seasonal business.Don't get me wrong,I would love to keep the guy with half his boxers showing off the lake.

Inahuri
03-19-2002, 08:54 PM
You didn't offend anyone . . . you just forgot to say that they shouldn't be wearing their gangsta 60lb gold medallions either. I have had TWO (2 too many) situations where these freakazoids with medallions INTENTIONALLY buzzed by our 21 foot Hallett in their 28 foot rental. Close enough to spit on, splashed us and it felt like the wake would flip the boat over, and those mo fo's were laughing. I was so pissed. Just me and my hubby . . . I couldn't do a pshyco PMS screamfest on them if I wanted to (hubby stopped and made me calm down . . . he was getting the anchor ready to toss me over with it) Another time, the boat BLACKOUT(I think it is a 34-36 footer) almost ran us over going up speed ally on the way to the sandbar. The brother was staring down at us laughing . . . I'm sorry, but these MOFO's need to get their g......l asses of the lake if they all they can do is intimidate other boaters. So yeah, watch my back and I'll watch yours . . . there is power in numbers and common decency! Oh, and no more laws, just common flippin' sense. J. SANCHEZ aka "inahuri"
Originally posted by Sandbar Mike:
Guy guys I have to get a take on this/
without offending and sayn chollo, nig** or white bullshit trash MO FO.
People shouldn't wear there bandana's, Hair nets to the river,and most of all if you and your friends have no mode of water transportation get the fu** out.(unless your female of course). I can remember the days where every person who drove buy you waved or smiled. Don't get me wrong, they still do but not as much.
To end on a good note,
LowRiver2,I Couldn't aggree with you more.
Thats just my opinion I may be wrong.
Mike

Blown Sleek
03-19-2002, 09:06 PM
Hey River life! Looks like I got cought mouthing a little big! I got slapped in the beginning cause I did not state all the supporting facts and well.... Yes definitely topock or ? I got the first round! My cooler is open to ya any time just reach right in!! Really!! As for my statement about Licencing? I drive 50,000 miles a year mostly side streets in just about 4 cities!! They take my license away cause I made to many illegal U-turns or go a few mph over the limit! We all do it. Unfortunately if I get a ticket once every 40,000 miles or one a year! The (licensing people) say I am bad driver! Grandma is blind does not speak english etc drives 8 miles a week gets cought making one mistake here and there and gets lower ins rates, Keeps the license and cause she can not read or see kills a few kids!! By the way she was abiding by the law! Unfortunately no one used comon sense! She with her license just legally killed??
Sorry just not understanding! Ever met a killer with a Consealed weapon permit? Brother! We are over it! No problem! Really just not getting it I swear! Late.

Blown Sleek
03-19-2002, 09:14 PM
Maybe a pic of ol Black Out in action would help the authorities? Seen simular deal same boat Memorial day? They were stuck on a sand bar just above the shallows!! In the fishing area? Sorry I do admit pulling them free with the ol Jet boat. Should be beaten for helping I agree. Has a radar arch also right?
Just a picture of an airplane to low sent to the FAA seems to make things better. Say a pic of eaven the wake and the boat that left it to the SBDC sherif may be good though probibly impractical since they just rocked the whole boat. Just an extra .02 (I know)

RiverLife
03-19-2002, 10:27 PM
Blown Sleek,
No worries on this side! My bad just as much. I got a little emotional over the whole deal for personal reasons and should have never even jumped in. (I had a girlfriend killed by a drunk driver a few years ago, who had already had his license taken away)! I just get pissed when people are mindless and/ or pull crazy stunts like "inahuri" mentioned. Cool name by the way!!!
Anyways, you can buy the first round if you like, but I'm buying the next few! My cooler is always open too!! It just has more Gatorade than silvers. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif

Blown Sleek
03-19-2002, 10:47 PM
Right on R.L completely understood. My favorite Essex is piloted by a totally clean sober River buddy. He just scheofers all day! As for the name after run what ya brung last week end well I did'nt actually blow it up but it seems without the blower it is still well Blown (knocking) Never fear!! I will be there with the sleek!! It always leaves the trailer and runs hard!! Seems it hates the trailer cause it just never runs home!! Thats where allot of my drinking comes in .(about 50 ft behind another great boater towing me home) Gotta fix that name!

RUN2RIVER
03-19-2002, 11:22 PM
River, sorry to hear that, but right on to you. I too never have a drink on the water. I wait until the boat is on the trailer and cleaned up before I even think of having a drink. Keeps from having to worry about dui's, other people, etc... I also love to people watch. It is much more fun when you are sober and can laugh at all of the drunk idiots. Oh by the way River, you have mail.

RiverLife
03-19-2002, 11:37 PM
Yep, all of my friends like my toys better than their own, so I am always too worried about keeping an eye on my toys to drink. My friends are f-----king crazy ex-college football players. (1) They can drink like no other, and (2) they get loony when they drink! I HAVE to be the sober one!! (on the water).
BlownSleek, that sucks about your boat, pretty relaxing being towed though. In your own boat, sun hitting your shoulders, you can do some mean drinking..... and your not even wasting your own gas!!! Why did you take out the Blower motor in the first place? Did it give you troubles? I am wanting to add a blower and super chiller to mine (probably end of summer though)! Good idea or no? It's a fairly hopped up Corvette 350 in a 22' Schiada.
R2R, I changed my e-mail today in my profile....sorry! Try again:
jmwintz@yahoo.com

cigarette1
03-21-2002, 03:30 PM
Blackout does not have an arch on his 34 Magic and the owner IS NOT a gangbanger. I know him personally and he is an upstanding buisnessman in Los Angeles, one of the nicer guys you could meet.
I guess I must be a gangbanger too or a drug dealer or some kind of lowlife because that's the easy way to ID some element you don't want around. But, I have been doing Havasu for a lot longer than 99% of the people who have ever been there, long before London Bridge and if you don't like what Havasu has become on big weekends, then do what I do, STOP GOING, you can make it less crowded.
G