PDA

View Full Version : teague motors

BADASS1938CHEVY
01-23-2002, 11:05 PM
Does anyone know how teague motors are?They have a 620hp motor with 700lbs of torque. Anyone know how this will preform in a 30ft kachina boat and estimate the speed of this boat.Im looking to get speeds of 80mph with a 1000lbs of weight in boat.will i need more hp or more torque?

Craig
01-24-2002, 05:20 AM
Couple of friends have had Teague motors and they work well. Where are you located? There might be some other good builders in your area that folks here know about. I always recommend Larrys Engine & Marine in Tucson for anyone in AZ! The guy will always answer your questions on the phone without making you feel your wasting his time, they stand behind their work, and have a lot of boat experience, especially with blower motors.
Craig

Slick
01-24-2002, 07:29 AM
The Boatnams put that motor in their new Lavey. Jim was real stoked that Bob Teague actually went out on the boat to test with him. He's very happy with the service. Brand new boat, so not more than a couple hours on it as of yet. They're in Parker this weekend so hit him up on Monday.

boatnam2
01-26-2002, 12:35 PM
hi badasschevy,i think there motor package is sweet.it pushed my 28ft lavey with 100gallons of gas and 8 people two weighing over 300#s to 72mph.i haven't got to try it with a couple of people yet.during the lake test it went 83 i wasn't there so i dont know for sure but i will find out soon enough.when i was checking out motor packages lavey would only use the teague just because it comes turn key and pretty comparable to hookin up a merc.

BADASS1938CHEVY
01-27-2002, 08:53 PM
What does that lavey weigh?

boatnam2
01-27-2002, 09:09 PM
i think about 4500 or so.

boatnam2
01-27-2002, 09:16 PM
i was reading something about a kachina 30ftr and i had to go look before i talked about it.in powerboat they tested a 30 ftr with 600hp and it went 70mph so i would say your going to need to get about 750hp to run around 85 or so.

BADASS1938CHEVY
01-28-2002, 11:53 AM
i know i read the same thing,but that was a beck engine ,i think the teague engine might do an alot better.i just got back from arizona boat show this past weekend and bought the 30ft kachina and im putting the teague engine in it.so i will find out.the cool thing about kachina boats is they have NO SALESMEN.they had people that had already bought there boats giving answers to customers and how they liked boat.all was good.i was very inpressed with the info i got from them ,boat doesnt chime,or porpus,just minor problem with touch ups on little thimgs.there was one older guy that bought 2 30s so he wouldnt have to tow far.one for lake powel and one for california.must be nice.louie (owner of kachina)i asked him about k planes for the boat he said i didnt need them.i asked him why,he said his boats dont need them inless i will be in ocean waters,saved me 2500.00 for k planes that everyone else wanted to sell me.

Slick
01-28-2002, 12:11 PM
Congratulations. I liked the looks of what they had at the show. I assume most of the boats were customers. There were a few interior combinations that were absolutely hidious. To each his own. Let me know, I'd be glad to run down to the shop during production to take a few pictures for you.

BADASS1938CHEVY
01-28-2002, 12:23 PM
Thanks Slick.i i seen some of the customers interiors,they sucked.i guess some people just have no clue on what looks good.Tell me what you think on the boat graphics that i want to put on my boat.if you have a hot boat magazine (jan 2002)pg 36,the very top boat yellow,purple,red boat. i was thinking on doing my boat just like this.(be honest)i just want somthing differant out there,im tired of seening the same thing.

Slick
01-28-2002, 01:03 PM
Isn't this kind of an oxymoron?
"i was thinking on doing my boat just like this.(be honest)i just want somthing differant out there,im tired of seening the same thing"
Kachina is known for doing some really wild stuff. Why don't you find some colors you like, sit down with Loui and design your own graphics. That way you know it won't be the same ole same ole.

Craig
01-28-2002, 01:19 PM
Yeah, Kachina certainly had some boats there! I was kind of hoping to see their new 27' cat. I guess they have a 34 coming out as well in a couple of months. The 30 in the back with the BRE engine belongs to a friends brother. Be curious to see how well it runs. The red 26' Enforcer with the Vortech supercharger belongs to Phil Bergeron of Bergeron Engineering. Real curious to see what that does too http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Craig

BADASS1938CHEVY
01-28-2002, 02:12 PM
thanks slick.

BADASS1938CHEVY
01-28-2002, 02:19 PM
FORGOT TO PUT HAPPY FACE..

BADASS1938CHEVY
01-28-2002, 02:23 PM
CRAIG THAT MOTOR PKG ON 26FT WAS SWEET.750HP,785 TORQUE.LOUIE SAID THAT BOAT SHOULD HIT ABOUT 83MPH.NOT BAD FOR $13,500 UPGRADE WITH SINGLE STEERING RAM.

Craig
01-28-2002, 04:55 PM
Bergeron did a nice job rigging that boat. The flow coated floor and the side exhaust were differnet from the standard issue set up. I kind of like the tan interior somewhat. That 34 vee they bad down there wasn't a bad looking boat either.
Craig

summer time
01-28-2002, 09:26 PM
badasschevy ; I look at the paint job you want to paint your boat in hot boat mag. thats a bitchen paint job. you sure will catch alot of peoples eyes. There was nothing oxymoron about what you said!! hopefully me and all my girlfriends will see you and your friends there. we have the 34 sleekcraft heritage.With some killer graphics youll notice us were differant to. we like bitchen things not the same ol' shit. maybe we all can meet and party you!

boatnam2
01-29-2002, 08:53 AM
let mne go get my mag

boatnam2
01-29-2002, 09:02 AM
that paint scheme is badass no pun intended.im not sure about the yellow seats,but i guess they kinda go with paint job.you will not be sorry with teague package. there customer service is great also.iv'e ordered a few jackets,shirts and a couple of other things all towards the end of the day a received everything ive ordered the next day.