PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on here near Harrisburg PA

sifocalpoint
11-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Just moved myself and MOST of my belongings out to the Harrisburg PA area to start a new teaching job.
As i was driving from the pittsburgh area to harrisburg i got the ok from the bank to put a new jet boat order in for a tx-19 warhawk. Well i was planning on placing the final order to jim at warhawk on my way home but ended up getting the job meaning i had to move and get an apartment (NO GARAGE!!), which meant no more boat. At least ill be off for summers to boat back home with my old man. Had to leave my schiada behind.
Wheres there to boat out here by HArrisburg??
Id like to meetup with some guys with nice boats here and see if theres any ***boaters around.

rich seibert
11-09-2005, 08:07 PM
hello sifocalpoint
there are a few places on the susquehanna river where i usually go,
boating in the three mile island area, town of goldsboro ,it has the best ramp ,it is called lake fredrick , but it is still the susquehanna river,
city island in downtown area is ok on occaision as well.
good luck with your new teaching job.

Hemicbx
11-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I'm with Rich. About the only decent "close" water is Goldsboro. A lot of people don't like it, but I prefer it over the York pool (Long Level). I've never run up at city island yet. Raystown lake isn't a bad drive either.
You from the Pittsburgh area? I saw that under your name. Boating here isn't like out there. Out there all the hills run right into the river which makes for some pretty deep water. Wide and shallow is the name of the game in SC PA.
Hemicbx
PS What part of Pittsburgh?

sunkisst
11-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Hey guy get hooked up with Rich....For one he is a great person,and for two , he may be familiar with the water that you might be interested in .
We all know how important that is.

rich seibert
11-11-2005, 06:56 AM
sunbury is a good place to boat after may 31st of the year, they have to inflate the damn, to make it deep enough...................long-level, just east of york pa. is about the bigest area and the deepest in the southern part, good for bigger boats, the last time i boated there was about 1985 or so, i am do to return in 06 for a visit as well as alot of other new places in MD. and VA. and people to share this great hobby with.

Huffer
11-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Go Through There On My Job But Not With The Boat!

Hemicbx
11-12-2005, 02:10 PM
I'll tell you, I'm not fan of Long Level. Just my 2 cents, but it's the most popular spot for everyone from York & Lancaster. It gets really crowded. Also, it seems like its ALWAYS windy over there and it really gets choppy. Really tough with a shallow V boat.
The Potomac down in MD up by Dam 4 is really nice. The ramp's nearly a cliff, but the river is nice boating.
Hemicbx
York, PA
Rich, you and I met up at Goldsboro once this summer. I was pulling out my red & white jet just as you were putting in.

GasGuzzler
11-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Go Through There On My Job But Not With The Boat!
You running the same area all the time Huffer? I am up and down 81 all the time.

sifocalpoint
11-13-2005, 08:26 PM
thanks guys i guess well see come summer

rich seibert
11-14-2005, 06:47 AM
hey hemicbx
i remember that day at the the ramp,.... you were pulling out................i got there late as always,......... just getting it wet, ..........i broke a hyd brake line on my truck that day......... and had to get my tow truck to get everything home . try getting your boat out of the river with no brakes,fun fun
we made it, ........thanks to the parking brake

PCE081
11-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Join the Delaware Valley Boat Racing Club
http://dvbrc.com

Huffer
11-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Boy it really snows up there!Just came through there friday!Boy weather really gets bad quick there!Wilkes-Barre Pa. beautiful country!

HammerDown
11-26-2005, 08:00 AM
Look into Raystown Lake (Pa.) great place to boat. Some of us BOTE (Hot Boaters) are hoping to do a gathering there again this Summer :cool:

rich seibert
11-27-2005, 08:52 AM
http://www.7pointsmarina.com/
here we go
i have not had time to vist raystown in the last 20 years,
1984 when i had my 1st jet was the last time i was there,
this is going to be a HIGH priority visit for the boating season in 06

Hemicbx
11-27-2005, 04:17 PM
I've been at Raystown a bunch of times over the last 3 years. Like Rich, I was there a lot "back in the day" but was away for 15 years or so. We love it.
I already have my waterfront spot reserved for 9 days this year. We've been inching that number up every year.
Weekend - forgetabout it. My boat sets on the trailer and we just watch the craziness. But weekdays it's a different story. As anyone who's been there knows, the place is big enough that you can find a stretch between two turns ad you can just about own it.

rich seibert
11-28-2005, 06:06 AM
the more things change, the more they stay the same, it was crowded on weekends back in the 80`s as well,