PDA

View Full Version : ANY INPUT ON CARERRA 257 EFFECT X??

EXTREME1
11-21-2002, 01:17 PM
:confused: :D
HANDLING:
ROOM INSIDE:
THANKS AHEAD OF TIME :D :D

Charley
11-21-2002, 07:55 PM
EXTREME1:
:confused: :D
HANDLING:
ROOM INSIDE:
THANKS AHEAD OF TIME :D :D Bill Griffin of Arizona***boats.com has a nice one..... he seems to like it....give him a shout

carreracat257
11-21-2002, 09:47 PM
Have two friends trying to sell there 257 look in H/B classified.They are moving up to the 29'. I purchased there 257 with o/b and love it.

HavasuDreamin'
11-22-2002, 12:55 PM
Don't own one, never been in one, but from what I read in ***boat, they are a little slower than quite a few of the cats out there. Having said that, the Carerra is one of the few that I like the looks of, so I might go for it anyway. I believe they are a very solid boat! Good Luck

572BLOWNEFFECT
11-22-2002, 01:35 PM
I have one of Carrera's 257 Effect X open bows and I absolutely love it! I have driven a number of cats and I feel extremely comfortable in the Carrera. The boat has ran 118 without any problems what so ever. I was as comfortable as you can be at 118 mph. I would highly recommend a Carrera cat to anyone interested. Great all around boat. Provides both speed and comfort.

midmagic
11-23-2002, 10:30 AM
My 98 Carrera 257 Effect was on the cover of Hot Boat in Aug. of 98. It also won "Hottest Boat" at the Hot Boat Regatta in 98. It has gone through many changes since then. (more power) True, the Carrera is not the fastest cat hull on the market. But, it is probably the safest, for it's size, at any speed. The boat is well constructed and isn't lacking anywhere. I have been very happy with the boat. Charlie, I am no longer associated with AHBA! (political) :D

Charley
11-23-2002, 11:18 AM
midmagic:
My 98 Carrera 257 Effect was on the cover of Hot Boat in Aug. of 98. It also won "Hottest Boat" at the Hot Boat Regatta in 98. It has gone through many changes since then. (more power) True, the Carrera is not the fastest cat hull on the market. But, it is probably the safest, for it's size, at any speed. The boat is well constructed and isn't lacking anywhere. I have been very happy with the boat. Charlie, I am no longer associated with AHBA! (political) :D OHHH MY... ok sorry Bill!

midmagic
11-23-2002, 11:30 AM
That's OK, Charley. Craig and I got out because we felt that we wanted to belong to a club that was for it's members. Now, it's all about money. Hell, one of them doesn't even own a boat and has no plans to buy one. I've said enough here. If you only knew... :mad:

Donnie
11-23-2002, 03:54 PM
eek! eek! eek! LOL

DogHouse
11-23-2002, 07:07 PM
I have good memories of AHBA because I met some really great people there and I enjoy seeing them at the lake, but as for the club, well let's just say that I won't be sending in my 40 bucks again this year!
-brian :)

LakeRacer
11-23-2002, 08:31 PM
Bill,
Sorry you feel this way.
Brian,
We still have lots of great people in the club. Hope to see you on Lake Powell next year.

midmagic
11-23-2002, 10:20 PM
Art, check your e-mail!

24ROD
11-24-2002, 07:35 AM
Test drove one last April at Havasu. It handeled well for a boat in the 25-26' range. It had a 496magho for power. Got up on plane good and held it's own in the chop.

Craig
11-24-2002, 10:01 AM
Midmagic's boat has a nice solid feel to the ride, looks good too. :D

DogHouse
11-24-2002, 08:23 PM
LakeRacer:
Hope to see you on Lake Powell next year.Sounds good Art, looking forward to it!
-brian

Boatmaster
11-25-2002, 06:58 AM
Extreme1 we missed you at Shasta this weekend, did you go down an drive that one at Dave's? Is it on the side yard? Whats the story I'm dying to Know.

Robbie Racer
11-26-2002, 10:54 PM
I have a 257 Effect X closed bow with a 580" 1100 hp motor and a Bmax drive. I like the boat but agree with the above posts that it may be a bit slower than some of the other cats out there with similar power. My best speed to date is 121 MPH with good choppy water conditions. The boat feels good in choppy water but my boat porpoises between 75 and 100 MPH in flat water so that is something that I have to work around. Good luck, R/R

Boatmaster
11-27-2002, 06:46 AM
Robbie Racer did you have that boat at shasta this summer? Any chance the name of your boat is Shaft?

Reaper1
11-27-2002, 07:19 AM
Boatmaster:
Robbie Racer did you have that boat at shasta this summer? Any chance the name of your boat is Shaft?Boatmaster, the boat you're speaking of is owned by a guy named Bill Auberleen and I beleive it is said to have run 132mph. It's all yellow with blue.
Grim

Robbie Racer
11-27-2002, 10:10 AM
Boatmaster: I was at Shasta 3 times this last summer but I don't own the "Shaft" boat. I have a closed bow model with a red transom with lightening bolts going down the sides. I did meet Dave the owner of the "Shaft" boat while at Shasta. I think he said that he lives here in the No. Calif. area (up near Navato, I think he said). Dave said that he converted that boat from a closed bow to an open bow model. It has a 625" Pro-charged motor. He says it runs around 130 mph. He was having mechanical problems with the Pro-charger the weekend that I met him, so he couldn't open it up at that time.
I met Bill Auberlin at the Carrera regatta in Parker a year ago or so and Bill owns what I believe to be the fastest 257 to date. He has run 134+ mph with his 1400 hp Pro-charged motor.

Robbie Racer
11-27-2002, 10:42 AM
572Blowneffect: Welcome to the forum. What kind of hp are you running to reach 118 mph? What part of the country do you live in? R/R

Boatmaster
12-02-2002, 07:11 AM
RR look for me next summer if your up at Shasta. I own a houseboat out of Shasta Marina on the Sac arm. I have a 25 Daytona with twin 300 Pro Maxs. Extreme 1 ended up buying that boat from Dave.

Robbie Racer
12-03-2002, 12:21 PM
Boatmaster: Now that I know what kind of boat to look for, I will try to look you up the next time we get up to Shasta. Are you going to the house boat holiday parade up there next weekend at Bidwell? A buddy of mine in San Jose has good friends with a house boat up there and he told me about it because he is going up to spend some time with them for that event.
Did Extreme 1 buy the "Shaft" open bow 257 from Dave? If so, do you know where he will be running it? I will keep an eye out for him also. I really enjoy meeting other hot boaters on the lakes and talking about our addiction. R/R

Boatmaster
12-04-2002, 07:19 AM
RR Extreme 1, Tunnel T, Petty, Hul Shot, Eliminate Her and myself are all out of Discovery Bay on the delta. I own a houseboat on Shasta and we spend most of the big holidays up their. I'm going to the lighted boat parade in Dicso Bay this Saturday, but not to the Shasta one. My wife is dew within the next month with our first child so I will not be doing much of anything for the next month or two. The boat that Extreme 1 got is not the Shaft boat, it is out of Havasu, built by Showtime Marine. Will look forward to meeting you and seeing your boat next summer. Are you ever on the delta?

Charley
12-04-2002, 07:44 AM
Boatmaster:
. My wife is dew within the next month with our first child so I will not be doing much of anything for the next month or two.Congrads on the new upcoming delivery!!!
:D

Boatmaster
12-04-2002, 01:07 PM
Thanks Charley.

jm2drvr
12-04-2002, 02:06 PM
ditto on that new munchkin on the way boatmaster...kids are great!

Robbie Racer
12-04-2002, 04:52 PM
Boatmaster, let me add my congratulations on the expected new addition to the family. That ought to keep you busy for awhile.
Yes, I get out on the Delta a few times a year. The last time was the day after Halloween. We launched at Ladds Marina in Stockton and cruised up past Lost Isle, picked up our buddy Brian at Tower Park and then we cruised on up to Old Town Sac for lunch. It was a nice day but there were not many pleasure boats out this late in the year. We had to dodge a lot of ticked of fishermen though. :) Let me know the next time you guys go out and we will try to join you. Also, please let me know if you know of any places to rent at Disco Bay (must have a boat dock). I wouldn't mind keeping my boat there. Thanks, R/R

Boatmaster
12-04-2002, 09:35 PM
RR thanks and I will keep my eyes open and keep you posted.