PDA

View Full Version : RE-Gifting

Mandelon
11-09-2005, 09:51 AM
We had a party a couple weeks ago, and one of the couples that came brought us a big gift basket filled with Ghirardelli chocolates. Tasty stuff, indeed.
But I noticed as I opened a couple of the items that they look a little...uh....old. You know how chocolate gets a bit lighter colored.
The tops of some of the items seem a little melted too. I'm thinking she had it in her car and it got hot maybe.......but I bet, she's had it for a while and passed in on as a regift.
Your thoughts on regifting? Ever done it? We did it once with an odd wedding gift. Some goofy flower bowl thing that we couldn't return....some one else got it. LOL :p

RiverToysJas
11-09-2005, 10:08 AM
WTF, You had a party????
:p

Ziggy
11-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Some people are just simply better at regifting than others ;) It takes careful attention to detail to pull it off properly :rolleyes: :D :D :D

phebus
11-09-2005, 10:11 AM
At least she didn't give you the piece of wedding cake that's been in her freezer for 10 years. :yuk:

76ANTHONY
11-09-2005, 10:12 AM
i gotta cure for regifting, buy them the booze you like and if they regift it to you, your all good

jdogginla
11-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Discoloration is due to two reasons......
1) Sugar bloom
2) Fat bloom
One is due to exposure of moisture- either at the time of production or shipping.....the chocolate will have white chalky like streaks in it. The chocolate is still good.....just not as apeasing(sp?) to the eye.
The other is due to the exposure of heat - this usually takes place during storage. Either by the retailer or the consumer. The chocolate will have spots and be a lil flakey and pale in color. Again, the chocolate is still edible just not as nice to the eye of the beholder.
So eat the ****ing chocolate, she either re-gifted it or bought it from a retailer that had it one sale because it had sat for a long period of time.

Jbb
11-09-2005, 10:17 AM
I decided to re gift a box that Brown sent me....a month ago.... (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94716)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Funny thing, as I was reading this thread, a package from UPS showed up and it was from one of my coworkers. I was able to weasel his health insurance coverage so he sent me this Olive Oil gift pack. Its really nice and I thought, "Hey this would make a great gift for Christmas" hahhaha
j/k I love olive oil so I am gonna use.
Re-gifting is fine as long as you don't accidentally regift to the original giver. :rollside:

Red Eye
11-09-2005, 10:38 AM
For me, re-gifting is for those people that give you a gift, but your weren't really planning on giving them a gift.

syke-o
11-09-2005, 10:43 AM
me and the wife got a used ash tray as a re-gift for a wedding present :yuk: ... and we dont smoke....

phebus
11-09-2005, 11:07 AM
I have a friend, that for my birthday one year, gave me a birthday card his parents had given him. It was a classic, because he just lined out his name on the card so you could still read it, and replaced it with mine. That card has now made the rounds, and has scratched out names all over it.