PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone ?

phebus
11-09-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm upgrading my cell phone, and I'm probably getting the Motorola 815. I've never had a picture phone before, so how do you download the images from your phone to your computer?

Havasu_Dreamin
11-09-2005, 01:06 PM
I have e-mailed them from my phone to my e-mail address.

2Driver
11-09-2005, 01:06 PM
I just got a Motorola V551. Does pictures and video. Best I can figure is you have to send it to an e-mail which means you need the Multi media service. They do have bluetooth communication but I can't find anything in the manual that says you can move the pic directly from the Phone to a PC. I would think there would be a docking station or a USB cable but the manual makes no reference to one. Try the Motorola website.
How the back doing?

barbigrl
11-09-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm upgrading my cell phone, and I'm probably getting the Motorola 815. I've never had a picture phone before, so how do you download the images from your phone to your computer?
I still have no clue how to do this.... :hammerhea

I Feel the Need...
11-09-2005, 01:39 PM
Barbi, if you did it would only get you into trouble...

mbrown2
11-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Email it to yourself, or they sell cable interfaces on ebay just search by your phone model and data...this is like a usb cable with software and will allow you to download pics to your phone or vice versa....In addition addess books, Ring Tones, etc......if you use bearshear you can download ringtones free and then download it to your phone via the cable (not that I would do that). :)

barbigrl
11-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Barbi, if you did it would only get you into trouble...
G** don't I know it!!! :devil: :D :D lol....

h2oski2fast
11-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Email it to yourself, or they sell cable interfaces on ebay just search by your phone model and data...this is like a usb cable with software and will allow you to download pics to your phone or vice versa....In addition addess books, Ring Tones, etc......if you use bearshear you can download ringtones free and then download it to your phone via the cable (not that I would do that). :)
Good Idea, but if it is Verizon based phone OBEX (object exchange) is disabled. So, email is about the only way.

MAINEVENT
11-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Then how did you send me that pic......... oh never mind :notam:

Throttle
11-09-2005, 03:24 PM
hey phebus, why dont you just keep the one you took away from nicole? :2purples:

phebus
11-09-2005, 03:27 PM
hey phebus, why dont you just keep the one you took away from nicole? :2purples:
That one is always ringing.:boxingguy

DM25CITATION
11-10-2005, 01:52 PM
there's two ways to get the pics to the computer.
1. via email to your computer(make sure u have a pic pakage or your paying .25 cent per pic sent.)
2. buy a cable with software and u can load all day long pics from phone to computer.
i can get u the cable and software. just give a call at my shop
young
visionwireless

Mtg Pro
11-11-2005, 06:58 AM
Rick,
This will be a big upgrade for you from the two cans and a string !!
Mike

gramps
11-11-2005, 07:21 AM
Does the 815 have a memory card slot? If it does you can put the pics on the memory card then download them to your computer. I just got the Motorola 710 and thats seems to be the easier way.
just found this on the Motorola site..............the Motorola E815 has optional storage with a TransFlash memory Expansion Slot

INSman
11-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Never fear, a MAN can show ya' !! :D

phebus
11-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Does the 815 have a memory card slot? If it does you can put the pics on the memory card then download them to your computer. I just got the Motorola 710 and thats seems to be the easier way.
just found this on the Motorola site..............the Motorola E815 has optional storage with a TransFlash memory Expansion Slot
What are you using as a card reader? It is a small little card.

phebus
11-11-2005, 12:57 PM
1. via email to your computer(make sure u have a pic pakage or your paying .25 cent per pic sent.)
2. buy a cable with software and u can load all day long pics from phone to computer.
young
visionwireless
Is the software strictly Windows based, or could it be used with a Mac?

gramps
11-11-2005, 04:25 PM
What are you using as a card reader? It is a small little card.
Verizon (and I think Best Buy) sell an adapter so you can use the SD slot in a reader.

HBjet
11-11-2005, 04:41 PM
young
visionwireless
With the 815 (I have one) you have the option of using bluetooth. Get the bluetooth adapter for your PC and then you can tranfer files back and fourth. Music, Pics, Data...
As for the TransFlash memory card, buy one online... that's your best bet.
HBjet

HBjet
11-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Is the software strictly Windows based, or could it be used with a Mac?
There is software called Motorola Tools.

HBjet
11-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Adapter
http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?page=productpage&affid=8&pn=DBT120