PDA

View Full Version : Japaneese auto mfg under attack

cc322
05-13-2006, 09:44 AM
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/12/supporters-of-us-carmakers-blast-foreign-companies/
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2005/10/11/level-field-institute-critical-of-foreign-automakers/

ROZ
05-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Foreign companies will see this as a weakness... It's like a smear campaign from the inferior political campaign... Looks to me like they're weak...Bottom line is if they made better cars, we'd all be driving them...
US automakers use parts made abroad as well...
Also have foreign plants

maxwedge
05-13-2006, 11:31 AM
"The truth is, U.S. automakers still employ eight out of every 10 autoworkers — four times more than all the automakers from Japan, Korea and Europe combined,”
.....and since american auto makers aren't aren't selling 80 percent of the vehichles, I think that pretty much sums up the problem- Ineffeciency. Also bad decison making, poor leadership, and some plain old boring and ugly freakin cars that don't have the reputation of being as reliable as those from elsewhere. I just got laid off after several years working for a company that supplies every major auto maker on the planet, and I'm glad to be gone too. Sorry but the american auto manufacturers deserve to loose market share, they haven't earned it. IMO

NOCTURNAL
05-13-2006, 12:19 PM
"Level Field Institute" - now that is a Marxist organization if I've ever seen one. I wonder how much union money will fund this group?

Mod VP
05-13-2006, 02:27 PM
"The truth is, U.S. automakers still employ eight out of every 10 autoworkers — four times more than all the automakers from Japan, Korea and Europe combined,”
.....and since american auto makers aren't aren't selling 80 percent of the vehichles, I think that pretty much sums up the problem- Ineffeciency. Also bad decison making, poor leadership, and some plain old boring and ugly freakin cars that don't have the reputation of being as reliable as those from elsewhere. I just got laid off after several years working for a company that supplies every major auto maker on the planet, and I'm glad to be gone too. Sorry but the american auto manufacturers deserve to loose market share, they haven't earned it. IMO
Was that an imaginary job also....sorry I had to... :rolleyes: :rollside:

maxwedge
05-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Was that an imaginary job also....sorry I had to... :rolleyes: :rollside:
God how I wish it was.

boater012
05-13-2006, 02:47 PM
When The big 3 can make A car like the lexus ls400 that has proven itself to go 5,6,7, even 800,000 miles and still pass smog and not smoke or use oil then they will have caught up with the quality and effeciency of foreign automakers. My fear is it will be tto late by then and the foreigners will have taken the market over completely.
Take any car in any class say: the chevrolet cavalier vs. the honda civic. How many cavaliers do you see with 250k on them??? almost none because they all have serious issues around 80-90 thousand miles. Now how many people complain about how their civic blew up at 80k???? Umm not many if any.
I was an auto mechanic for years before i got back into boats and the quality difference is immense and easy to sea in every facet of the auto industry. Do I beleive in the us automakers?? no But I still drive ford vehicles exclusively myself to support the american auto market. What does my fiance' drive??? a lexus ls400 because I dont want her sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck! my .02 worth