View Full Version : WHOLY FRICK!!!!!! here they come

SummitKarl
11-09-2005, 01:14 PM
I think it's snowbird moving day
H-95 is backed up (both lanes) with motor homes heading this way
Damn back to 15mph max speed on the roads :D

H20skier
11-09-2005, 01:25 PM
To paraphrase an old bumper sticker-"They call it snowbird season so why can't we shoot them?"

djunkie
11-09-2005, 01:27 PM
To paraphrase an old bumper sticker-"They call it snowbird season so why can't we shoot them?"
I'm ready for that. Just don't shoot the ones that are renting my house. I kinda like them making my house payment for 4 months. :rollside: :rollside:

HighRoller
11-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Get outta the way! They have to get to the Riverside RV park before the 99 cent buffet expires!

Her454
11-09-2005, 01:28 PM
One thing I definitly don't miss about Arizona........... :D

Mrs.Racer277
11-09-2005, 01:29 PM
They are scary on the road!!! :squiggle: :frown: :(

Her454
11-09-2005, 01:32 PM
They are scary on the road!!! :squiggle: :frown: :(
They are even more deadly if they are behiind you with a shopping cart....

Mrs.Racer277
11-09-2005, 01:35 PM
That does sound very scary!!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

SummitKarl
11-09-2005, 01:55 PM
One thing I definitly don't miss about Arizona........... :D
no that would make 2 things you don't miss about AZ. :jawdrop:
LMAO check RRL PM

Her454
11-09-2005, 02:05 PM
no that would make 2 things you don't miss about AZ. :jawdrop:
LMAO check RRL PM
ROTFLMAO...........but you are mistaken oh wise one............ :)

sxpilot
11-09-2005, 02:13 PM
OMG that is the truth...the wife and I were just in the market last night when some ol man ran into her ankle, it about knocked her down..I was like WTF ol man, watch were your going....If I wasent taught to respect the elders I swear..

Tom Brown
11-09-2005, 02:16 PM
They have to get to the Riverside RV park before the 99 cent buffet expires!
$0.99 buffet? :idea:
I'm heading out to fuel the RV right now! :cool:
By the way... I'm living in the middle of a snowy, slushy mess. The temps rarely peek above freezing and more snow is on the way. I may have some insight into the southward migration.

Her454
11-09-2005, 02:17 PM
OMG that is the truth...the wife and I were just in the market last night when some ol man ran into her ankle, it about knocked her down..I was like WTF ol man, watch were your going....If I wasent taught to respect the elders I swear..
Exactly........I cant tell you how many times that has happened to me......and it hurts like HELL! Then they look at you like its your fault :hammerhea
I was taught to respect my elders too but I sure cuss them out under my breath..................... :eek: :)

Ziggy
11-09-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm ready for that. Just don't shoot the ones that are renting my house. I kinda like them making my house payment for 4 months. :rollside: :rollside:
Ditto.........mine aren't exactly the "sit around the house" types though....He is heavily into Mntn Biking.....

djunkie
11-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Ditto.........mine aren't exactly the "sit around the house" types though....He is heavily into Mntn Biking.....
We have the same ones from last year coming back. Never met them though. Heard they used to own a tractor dealer in wisconsin.

Ziggy
11-09-2005, 02:31 PM
I'd imagine Quartzite has grown in population 10 fold by now too.......that never ceases to amaze me...maybe when I'm "Cruising America" in my MoHo I'll finally stop being amazed LOL ;)

Ziggy
11-09-2005, 02:34 PM
We have the same ones from last year coming back. Never met them though. Heard they used to own a tractor dealer in wisconsin.
I'm inheriting some that rented my friends house last year(they sold the house). They were super tenants. Professor of archeology I believe.

Her454
11-09-2005, 02:37 PM
Professor of archeology I believe.
= Quartzsite RockHound Professional. :rollside:

OGShocker
11-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Walgreens is the ultimate! Go there in the summer and all you see are young folks looking for sunscreen, beer, booze and condoms. The winter is completely different, the blue hair line goes from parking lot to the pharmacy via the liniment aisle.

Ziggy
11-09-2005, 02:41 PM
= Quartzsite RockHound Professional. :rollside:
LOL---funny thing is my mother can't go thru there without buying some sort of pretty rock :rolleyes: :D And often ends up giving it to me :rollside:

INSman
11-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Walgreens is the ultimate! Go there in the summer and all you see are young folks looking for sunscreen, beer, booze and condoms. The winter is completely different, the blue hair line goes from parking lot to the pharmacy via the liniment aisle.
Not a sight I am looking forward to seeing, the blue hairs that is :hammerhea :2purples: :yuk: :D

Tom Brown
11-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Professor of archeology I believe.
Isn't that a polite way to say the guy is an ass monkey?

Jyruiz
11-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Wish my place would rent.

Her454
11-09-2005, 02:45 PM
LOL---funny thing is my mother can't go thru there without buying some sort of pretty rock :rolleyes: :D And often ends up giving it to me :rollside:
Yes, my mother used to do the same thing. My dad used to complain about my mom dragging him to Quartzsite to look at rocks when he could be out catfishing on the river LOL. :D

SummitKarl
11-09-2005, 03:31 PM
I'm inheriting some that rented my friends house last year(they sold the house). They were super tenants. Professor of archeology I believe.
actually he was a geology professor

SummitKarl
11-09-2005, 03:32 PM
oh so thats the smell in your house Liniment :D

OGShocker
11-09-2005, 03:38 PM
oh so thats the smell in your house Liniment :D
Are you saying Bobby's girlfriend is a Blue Hair? WTF is wrong with you man. Stop giving hints away on who she is... :boxed:
Have a great Wednesday.

Kachina26
11-09-2005, 03:57 PM
I found out why they do that, I made the mistake of leaving a little room between me and the person ahead of me and one of these old geezers swooped right into line! Didn't even ask if I was in line! (really it was obvious that I was, I wasn't that far back) So remember, when they bump ya, they are just protecting their place in line from one of the other SBs.

2Driver
11-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Wonder why other nations worship and respect their older citizens as well as utilize their knowledge and experience and we just bag on them? Everyone seems fond of their money though. :idea:
Living in LHC I found them to be an engaging group and you would be surprised on the life experiences and accomplishments if you take a second to say hi. They do drive slow, guess I will too in 40 years in my forty footer. :)

Kilrtoy
11-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Wonder why other nations worship and respect their older citizens as well as utilize their knowledge and experience and we just bag on them? Everyone seems fond of their money though. :idea:
Living in LHC I found them to be an engaging group and you would be surprised on the life experiences and accomplishments if you take a second to say hi. They do drive slow, guess I will too in 40 years in my forty footer. :)
To pigback on this...
My old boss just retired a year ago...
and to qoute him,
I have no where to be, no one to answer too
I have slowed down and I finally see what all these old people see, LIFE....
So if you dont like my 30mph driving speed just pass on the left and wave as you go by....
I am finally seeing everything in life that I have been speeding by and never saw....I really enjoy life now.....

Sleek-Jet
11-09-2005, 05:43 PM
To pigback on this...
and to qoute him,
So if you dont like my 30mph driving speed just pass on the left and wave as you go by....
I am finally seeing everything in life that I have been speeding by and never saw....I really enjoy life now.....
That's fine... just tell them to stop living life at 30 mph in the hammer lane... :D

Boatcop
11-09-2005, 05:45 PM
How does he steer with his left arm out straight, signalling a left turn, all the time?

Ziggy
11-09-2005, 05:48 PM
To pigback on this...
and to qoute him,
Very true Kilr........at retirement you can still see those things but some of these folks can't see past their noses....and many don't seem to be happy to be here anymore. Who can blame them with so many young whippersnappers taking crack pot jabs at them. I respect the elders, I just don't care for their driving skills much...my father included, he scares me now.
Come to think of it, I must be getting older, I don't drive nearly as fast/crazy to get to the river these days and cuss out the dingbats passing me towing their 30 footers with a Trailblazer at 80......

Ziggy
11-09-2005, 05:50 PM
How does he steer with his left arm out straight, signalling a left turn, all the time?
LOL Alan, I think the JackRabbits will avoid him just fine.........
Now you've done it, that image will be with me all night...left turns :D :D

SummitKarl
11-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Are you saying Bobby's girlfriend is a Blue Hair? WTF is wrong with you man. Stop giving hints away on who she is... :boxed:
Have a great Wednesday.
well in comparison to Bobby shes a blue hair :supp: cradle robber :wink:

Kilrtoy
11-09-2005, 05:51 PM
I don't drive nearly as fast/crazy to get to the river these days and cuss out the dingbats passing me towing their 30 footers with a Trailblazer at 80......
No shit, i saw a 4-runner towing a 30ft cat ... I was like WTF....

Boatcop
11-09-2005, 05:54 PM
What pisses me off is when they see a cop car behind them and they pull over. No reason, they just pull over and give you a dirty look as you go by.
But when you have lights, siren, flashers, air horn, etc. blaring behind them, they keep driving like they're in their own little world.

Ziggy
11-09-2005, 05:54 PM
No shit, i saw a 4-runner towing a 30ft cat ... I was like WTF....
Worst part is if they were to have an accident insurance will likely deny the claim for being over weight.....I seem to recall a thread like that some time back. Serious shit right there.

djunkie
11-09-2005, 05:55 PM
What pisses me off is when they see a cop car behind them and they pull over. No reason, they just pull over and give you a dirty look as you go by.
But when you have lights, siren, flashers, air horn, etc. blaring behind them, they keep driving like they're in their own little world.
Hey they're just trying to see life you know. :rollside: :rollside:

Ziggy
11-09-2005, 05:58 PM
See you descibed both type right there....First are the ones not happy to be here anymore thus the scowl...then you have the ones that can't see past their noses but have moxy :D

Sleek-Jet
11-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Hey they're just trying to see life you know. :rollside: :rollside:
I hear it's better with a light show and soundtrack... :D