PDA

View Full Version : visalia, ca

cxr133
11-09-2005, 02:41 PM
a friend of mine moved up to visalia around the beginning of summer...
we both do the same thing for employment.. and hes telling me that are going to make him supervisor and if i come up there i got a guaranteed job making about 8-10.00 more per hour..
i just need info on the area, schools and of course the lake (kawea i think) is it good for boating.
my wife and i favorite boating spots are lake mohave, mead,big river and parker.
she didnt like the water in havasu too oily and warm she said. and i donnt like the local lakes now (castaic, piru or pyramid) the water seems dirty to me after our summer vacation. So what do you guys think that we will think :idea: about the lakes up there
thanks

lucky
11-09-2005, 02:51 PM
move to one of the outlying towns - and you'll be good ! hope your kids like spanish !

Havasu_Dreamin
11-09-2005, 02:58 PM
It's an agriculture area so be prepared for that. Bass lake is not too far away nor is Shaver Lake. If you're favorite lakes are desert lakes then boating up in the Sierras is totally different.

MAINEVENT
11-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Just move to Corchoran i heard its nice their :D :D :notam:

MAINEVENT
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
DON't TELL ME YOU ACTUALLY PICKED UP ON THE OBSCURE "RAD" REFERENCE...
hahahahaha that city is like a inmate family motel :supp:

MKEELINE
11-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Well the water in Kaweah isn't going to be any cleaner than any of the lakes you mentioned. But overall, it's not that bad of a lake and it's only 20 minutes away. We also like to go to Don Pedro(2 hours away) and Pine Flat(about an hour away).
Overall, Visalia is a pretty nice place to live, it's no Burbank, but it's nice. There's lots of new construction going on and the area is really growing. And actually, Main St. is paved. This is an agricultural area, but thats not necessarily a bad thing.
Move on up, it's the Land of Milk and Honey.