PDA

View Full Version : Diagnostic Software

LinuxMan
08-03-2003, 10:48 AM
Do anyone know where I can find Diagnostic Software for a MerCruiser 7.4 MPI. I would like software to hook to the laptop to perform some minor adjusting and data collection. Thanks.

GofastRacer
08-03-2003, 12:26 PM
Check out this board, maybe they can help?? :confused:
MerCruiser! (http://www.performancemarine.net/wwwboard/)

Just Tool'n
08-03-2003, 08:13 PM
Try rinda tech.
This is software that can be put into a laptop & interface with the ALDL conector
The last phone # I had was 312-736-6633
Let me know if this helps!

Snorider
08-04-2003, 08:52 AM
Yea, rinda makes it, but last time i checked it was $2000.
And it doesnt let you modify anything in the computer - only see engine rpm, ignition timing, knock retard, injector pulse width, tps position, map voltage, etc.

bigkatboat
08-09-2003, 10:27 PM
Yes, Rinda makes the DDT for Mercs. but it doesn't let you adj. or reprogram anything. I am also looking for hard/ software to do some "tune up work" :D

Just Tool'n
08-10-2003, 11:53 AM
I was at a marine shop on tuesday. They had a tech-1 hooked up to a comp ski boat.
Try Vectronics, as they make the tech-1, also tech-2 for GM. I do not know if the mastertech will work on mercury stuff. But for GM it does. Plus the tech-2 can reflash the computer on cars, but it takes software along with the scan tool to work on cars, I will have too dig a little further in on boat software.
I have a tool dealer that calls on a hi-perf marine dealer on wens, I will have him ask on wens, then I will post on the results.

Snorider
08-10-2003, 06:07 PM
I am almost positive vetronix sells a cartridge for the mastertech so it can read merc's. (Along with the cables).
Knowing vetronix, its prolly very expensive. Even so, its not gonna let you modify anything on the computer except reset codes.
I know arizona speed & marine does merc ECM reprogrammming for performance applications. maybe they would be nice enough to tell you how they do it.

Just Tool'n
08-21-2003, 06:54 AM
Did some more checking around. Can not find any program that will allow you to reprogram the computer.
Your best bet is to call Whipple or Arizona speed & marine.
I am sure they can do it.
The only thing you are going to find in the aftermarket is scanner or software that allows you to look at what the computer sees, no reprogramming.
hope this helps.

bigkatboat
08-21-2003, 09:47 PM
I'm not givin' up! I can read them, I want to TUNE THEM! smile_sp