PDA

View Full Version : So last night at karaoke ...

FMluvswater
11-10-2005, 04:33 AM
I get up to sing my first song of the evening one I am pretty comfortable singing; Hotel California ...welllll .... it wasn't the karaoke version I was used to and I sooo choked. I stayed up anyway and tried to wing it best I could. It's certainly not the first song I ever choked on but what a way to start off the night. :notam:
Moments after I went back to my table, the karaoke dj (new dj to me) comes over to me and apologises to me for that version of the song sucking so bad and told me I did great considering, lol, wtf? Floored me! As if they blame the music not the singer?! Since when? Then another karaoke regular came over and basically said his whole table had been dissing that version and totally thought I did okay with it. :supp: Not sure what to think now ... perhaps they were just being nice ... if so it's still worth sharing anyway - cuz then the point is that there are still nice people. :D
But seriously ... any other guesses? I'm so suspicious. :redface: Racking my brain thinking *I know they couldn't see through my top *it wasn't cold in there *I wasn't flashing cash *my jeans didn't have any holes in the ass (yes I checked), *I didn't have any make-up on, my hair was combed and clean but no "do" to it. The thing is I like to sing but I know my voice is mediocre at best I don't care I still sing anyway :D so for them to blame it on the music when I screwed up the song? Something isn't right there. :idea: I know I'm just supposed to smile and be relieved they let me off the hook; take it at face value blah blah blah. I really rather they hadn't said anything. I felt singled out. :( I can deal with choking, ... but I can't seem to quit questioning why they let me off the hook like that?
Insights anyone?

Ultrafied
11-10-2005, 05:00 AM
Maybe ... because you actually did good for that version .... you might be better then you think! :D

Jbb
11-10-2005, 05:03 AM
nice people?.......................lol...... :D

Rexone
11-10-2005, 05:38 AM
Insights anyone?
FM have you ever sung that tune "Paranoia got the besta me again" by the I ain't gonna ever trustya trio?

topless
11-10-2005, 06:10 AM
FM have you ever sung that tune "Paranoia got the besta me again" by the I ain't gonna ever trustya trio?LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx:
Seriously, stop sweating the small stuff. Our future as a country is a risk right now.

Jbb
11-10-2005, 06:11 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx:
Seriously, stop sweating the small stuff. Our future as a country is a risk right now.
Uh....Ally.....she is on enemy soil.....when we close the borders.....her and Brown will no longer be able to post on Hot Boat... :220v:

topless
11-10-2005, 06:16 AM
Uh....Ally.....she is on enemy soil.....when we close the borders.....her and Brown will no longer be able to post on Hot Boat... :220v:
Does that mean you're comming to take me away? :jawdrop:

Jbb
11-10-2005, 06:21 AM
Does that mean you're comming to take me away? :jawdrop:
Is that an invitation...? :rollside:

topless
11-10-2005, 06:24 AM
Is that an invitation...? :rollside:It was a question. I need to know if and when I need to inflate the tires on the trailer.

Jbb
11-10-2005, 06:26 AM
It was a question. I need to know if and when I need to inflate the tires on the trailer.
Your name is on the notification list.... :idea:

topless
11-10-2005, 06:29 AM
Your name is on the notification list.... :idea:Gotta go now, Gotta pack up for my rescue. Sorry Tom, you are a little slow........Oh, should I practice singing Hotel California for the ride?

Jbb
11-10-2005, 06:36 AM
Gotta go now, Gotta pack up for my rescue. Sorry Tom, you are a little slow........Oh, should I practice singing Hotel California for the ride?
You can check out anytime you like.............. :D

FMluvswater
11-10-2005, 01:41 PM
FM have you ever sung that tune "Paranoia got the besta me again" by the I ain't gonna ever trustya trio?
No. but I bet I could screw that one up too given a microphone some crummy music and the opportunity! :D Okay okay fine. Nice people. Paranoid me. Don't sweat the small stuff. Got it. :rolleyes:. :redface: Thanks, Mike. Thanks, Jbb. Thanks Top. :smile:

Tom Brown
11-10-2005, 01:54 PM
The key to karaoke is a good warm up. For me, that means a 40 of Jack and a few shooters.

Chase
11-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Just admit it FM...you are a great singer....you always sing a great song in my ....eyes

FMluvswater
11-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Just admit it FM...you are a great singer....you always sing a great song in my ....eyes
Thanks Chase, lol but be grateful it's just your eyes. :wink: My singing won't turn heads usually (there's no "wow she's good" and no "omg shut her up" either - I can live with that. ) :smile:

FMluvswater
11-10-2005, 03:17 PM
The key to karaoke is a good warm up. For me, that means a 40 of Jack and a few shooters.
... and that's just to listen to other people sing! :D

Jbb
11-10-2005, 03:21 PM
No. but I bet I could screw that one up too given a microphone some crummy music and the opportunity! :D Okay okay fine. Nice people. Paranoid me. Don't sweat the small stuff. Got it. :rolleyes:. :redface: Thanks, Mike. Thanks, Jbb. Thanks Top. :smile:
Oh lighten up......your singing is tops....... :p