PDA

View Full Version : New ESCALADE debut!!

riverracerx
11-10-2005, 08:14 AM
So the new Escalade has been unveiled. See it here:
2007 Cadillac Escalade photos (http://riverracerx.com/cgi-bin/mb2/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=2;t=6612)

LAFD
11-10-2005, 08:19 AM
talk about an ugly vehicle.

76ANTHONY
11-10-2005, 08:21 AM
wth is wrong witht that front end, what where they thinkin??

KACHINA KEN
11-10-2005, 08:22 AM
ewwwww I was just on River Racer X, I feel dirty.
JK Chris.

jdogginla
11-10-2005, 08:27 AM
No Likey :yuk:

phebus
11-10-2005, 08:29 AM
I actually like it, and made the mistake of showing the pictures to my wife, and she said to get dressed, let's go get one. :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

TOBTEK
11-10-2005, 08:33 AM
I like it....kinda looks like a Escalade humped a navigator though....

Jordy
11-10-2005, 08:35 AM
Really??? A Navi huh??? :D

Mrs. 4-B
11-10-2005, 08:35 AM
I actually like it, and made the mistake of showing the pictures to my wife, and she said to get dressed, let's go get one. :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
oh Rick, now that's funny...I just sent this thread to Blake and told him this was my new car!!! Great minds think alike (or shall i say princesses) :D

phebus
11-10-2005, 08:40 AM
oh Rick, now that's funny...I just sent this thread to Blake and told him this was my new car!!! Great minds think alike (or shall i say princesses) :D
Note to self; Don't let wife hang with Mrs. 4-B :D :D

Mrs. 4-B
11-10-2005, 08:45 AM
Note to self; Don't let wife hang with Mrs. 4-B :D :D
Too late!!! :p

2Driver
11-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Any surprise after seeing the 07 Tahoe pics?

Jyruiz
11-10-2005, 08:48 AM
It looks like a bigger Lincoln Mountaineer.

Flashover
11-10-2005, 08:51 AM
I agree, i like it but it is a little Fordish looking... Good thing its not though :crossx:

MagicMtnDan
11-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Make sure you take off your Ford Oval Blue tinted glasses when you see these things in person. Navigator salesmen will only wish their trucks were like the new Escalade :D

riverracerx
11-10-2005, 09:38 AM
It is very Navigatorish. Chrome on the door sills and the rear is very Ford.
It is a bit moderate for me. Seems they could have pushed the design alot further instead of just catching up with Lincoln.
I do like the blue LED backlit guages and the fender scoops. But the interior is basic and boring.
Hope they look better in person. I heard they are going to start in the 70K range. Ouch!
And no fold flat seats. What the hell???
Removing the third row is so 2002

goneboatin
11-10-2005, 09:41 AM
http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/GMT900/Escalade/lade2.jpg http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/GMT900/Escalade/lade3.jpg http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/GMT900/Escalade/lade4.jpg http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/GMT900/Escalade/lade11.jpg
More Escalade Pics (http://autodeadline.com/Photos?source=Cadillac&page=1)
And the best news:
The ’07 Escalade is powered by a new, 6.2L all-aluminum small-block V-8 with variable valve timing technology (VVT). VVT optimizes camshaft timing to improve low-rpm torque and high-rpm horsepower. The 6.2L engine is rated at 403 horsepower (301 kw)* at 5700 rpm and 417 lb.-ft. of torque (565 Nm)* at 4400 rpm; it is teamed with a new Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission with Driver Shift Control (tap up/tap down).
Escalade’s new engine represents the fourth generation of the small-block V-8 design that went into production in 1955, but has its roots in a Cadillac-developed valve-in-head V-8 introduced in 1949 – an engine that, when introduced, was lighter and more powerful than the one it replaced and established the blueprint for modern V-8 and V-6 engines for decades to come. The 2007 Gen IV V-8 engine represents the next step in technology, performance and efficiency. Highlights include:
Aluminum heads
Aluminum block
Variable valve timing (VVT)
Revised cylinder block design
Electronic throttle control
58X ignition system
New, more powerful E38 32-bit controller
Enhanced quietness and smoothness
Returnless fuel system
Gen IV Vortec engines are designed to provide improved fuel economy and reduced emissions, compared to previous-generation small-block V-8s. Compared to truck engines of a decade ago, the Gen IV Vortec engine family is approximately 90 percent cleaner. Cast iron exhaust manifolds matched with dual close-coupled catalytic converters help reduce cold-start emissions, the largest source of vehicle emissions.
Escalade’s 6.2L engine features a new aluminum block and cylinder heads. The use of an aluminum cylinder block offers reduced mass, an attribute that supports improved vehicle weight distribution and slightly improved fuel economy. The block is virtually identical to iron versions of the small-block family, including a deep skirt design that incorporates cross-bolted main bearing caps and a structural oil pan. It also features crankcase “windows” – vents that help improve bay-to-bay breathing – which reduce pumping losses and support the high horsepower output of the high-performance engine.
Variable valve timing (VVT) helps optimize camshaft timing to improve low-rpm torque and high-rpm horsepower. The introduction of variable valve timing through the unique dual-equal cam phaser is the industry’s first application of VVT on a mass-produced V-8 overhead valve engine. The unique dual-equal phaser adjusts the camshaft timing at the same rate for both the intake and exhaust valves.
New aluminum cylinder heads also contribute to Escalade’s enhanced power output. The heads are based on the racing-derived cylinder heads of the Corvette Z06’s LS7 7.0L engine, including a unique inlet port shape and offset rocker arm design. Airflow of the heads is supported by large, 55-mm-diameter intake valves and 40.4-mm-diameter exhaust valves.
Escalade’s 6.2L engine is engineered for smoothness and quietness, which contributes to the vehicle’s refinement. Engine quieting features include:
Special friction-reducing coating on piston skirts
Full floating piston pins
Damping patch on the oil pan
Timing chain tensioner
Quieter alternator
Acoustically tuned engine cover
Stronger engine cradles and mounting systems help reduce vibrations transmitted through the chassis that would otherwise be felt by passengers.
New 6L80 six-speed automatic
GM’s new, Hydra-Matic 6L80 electronically controlled six-speed automatic transmission with Driver Shift Control (tap up/tap down) is matched with the Escalade’s 6.2L engine. As one of the industry’s most advanced automatic transmissions, the 6L80’s wide, 6.04:1 overall ratio – including two overdrive gears – allows for shorter steps between gears. This enables a steep, 4.02:1 first gear, which provides a very strong launch feel. The two overdrive gears include a 0.85:1 ratio in fifth gear and a 0.67:1 ratio in sixth. With two overdrive gears, engine rpm is reduced by approximately 9 percent at 60 mph, to approximately 1500 rpm. Lower engine rpm can bolster fuel economy because less fuel is used. A lower-rpm cruising speed also enhances smoothness and reduces noise heard in the vehicle’s cabin.
Further technical sophistication is exemplified by clutch-to-clutch operation that reduces complexity and packaging. It also enhances the performance feel of the transmission, as shifts feel more immediate and precise. Clutch-to-clutch operation is achieved with three planetary gears, two stationary clutches and three rotating clutches. It is a simple, less complex design that enables the six-speed transmission to be packaged in a size not much larger than a four-speed automatic. Only the first-to-second upshift is a freewheeling action, where the second gear clutch engages while the first gear one-way clutch spins freely. This allows a greater degree of smoothness at lower vehicle speeds.
A new, 32-bit electro-hydraulic control module optimizes transmission performance according to a variety of vehicle inputs, while also enabling features including tow/haul mode, auto grade braking and tap-shift manual range selection. The controller is located entirely within the transmission, which shields the controller from outside elements.
Tow/haul mode is a driver-selectable feature that provides optimal shift characteristics specific for towing or hauling a heavy load. The feature is complemented by manual range selection, which allows the driver to block out upper gears and select desired gears for unique driving conditions, such as towing on a steep grade. The manual range selection feature increases the feeling of control by holding the gear pre-selected by the driver. Electronic safeguards prevent the transmission from being shifted in a manner that could cause engine damage or loss of vehicle control. Auto grade braking is available when the tow/haul mode is selected and the transmission is not in the range selection mode.

riverracerx
11-10-2005, 07:14 PM
bump

MagicMtnDan
11-10-2005, 08:11 PM
It looks like a Kia Sedona only larger and nicer and the interior is better and it has more power and larger wheels and tires and it holds more passengers and stuff. Other than that it looks good :D

HOSS
11-11-2005, 02:42 AM
Dipped in white itd look alright.

Caribbean Jet
11-11-2005, 07:22 AM
That's what I was thinking