PDA

View Full Version : We're so screwed... wouldn't you agree, Rexone?

Tom Brown
11-10-2005, 08:56 AM
The world seems like a pretty dysfunctional place right now. Lots of bad stuff. Lots to keep everyone unhappy.
I wonder what the general feeling was in the late 50s and 60s when the cold war was hotting up? I wonder how many people thought this really could be it? How many people buried survival shelters in their yards so they could survive a nuclear holocaust for a couple of weeks until someone, presumably a government official, came by and told them it's safe to come out?
It could have been the end. There were some close calls. The thing is, it wasn't. Somehow... we all survived.
When we think back to the 60s, do we think about being upset by the state of government and the world or do we think about going to a Turtles concert at our high school gymnasium? Maybe this perspective will help provide some insight into what's important in the grand scheme.
Maybe people, places, and neat stuff we do is more important than fear and uncertainty. Maybe my ass won't be red and raw from the runny shits after eating spicy Thai chicken and spending 50 minutes on the eliptical trainer. You just never know.

Jbb
11-10-2005, 08:59 AM
The world seems like a pretty dysfunctional place right now. Lots of bad stuff. Lots to keep everyone unhappy.
I wonder what the general feeling was in the late 50s and 60s when the cold war was hotting up? I wonder how many people thought this really could be it? How many people buried survival shelters in their yards so they could survive a nuclear holocaust for a couple of weeks until someone, presumably a government official, came by and told them it's safe to come out?
It could have been the end. There were some close calls. The thing is, it wasn't. Somehow... we all survived.
When we think back to the 60s, do we think about being upset by the state of government and the world or do we think about going to a Turtles concert at our high school gymnasium? Maybe this perspective will help provide some insight into what's important in the grand scheme.
Maybe people, places, and neat stuff we do is more important than fear and uncertainty. Maybe my ass won't be red and raw from the runny shits after eating spicy Thai chicken and spending 50 minutes on the eliptical trainer. You just never know.
Hotting up.....is that in reference to the spicy chicken?

Tom Brown
11-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Hotting up.....is that in reference to the spicy chicken?
Oh yes... I should add...
Ha la la la la la la life is wonderful
Ah la la la la la la life is full circle
Ah la la la la la la life is so full of
Ah la la la la la la life is so rough
Ah la la la la la la life is wonderful
Ah la la la la la la life is our love
Ah la la la la la

Jbb
11-10-2005, 09:02 AM
I think if you look back thru recent history......The decline of civilization in general....Is most likely due to a lack of current Rex Marine catalogs.... :cool:

Do F150's Float?
11-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Oh yes... I should add...
Ha la la la la la la life is wonderful
Ah la la la la la la life is so full of
Ah la la la la la la life is so rough
Ah la la la la la la life is wonderful
Ah la la la la la la life is our love
Ah la la la la la
Ohhh man....i hate to get involved here...but you guys make my brains feel like mush.... :(

Tom Brown
11-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Mike should make some cool billet shit for the Kassam-2 missile.
If the Palestinians spent more time pimping their weapons and less time terrorizing... this world would be a better place.

Tom Brown
11-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Ohhh man....i hate to get involved here...but you guys make my brains feel like mush.... :(
Perfect. Now you know how I feel. :cool:

canuck1
11-10-2005, 09:07 AM
Perfect. Now you know how I feel. :cool:
Speaking of soft headed freinds where's Hooli?

Tom Brown
11-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Speaking of soft headed freinds where's Hooli?
He went AWOL after losing a 100 bet with ShockwaveBob.

ROZ
11-10-2005, 09:13 AM
The Turtles are cool... Better yet, " Everybody knows it's windy" :D

canuck1
11-10-2005, 09:18 AM
He went AWOL after losing a 100 bet with ShockwaveBob.
Or his boy turned him into a fence post again

Tom Brown
11-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Or his boy turned him into a fence post again
We're pretty much saying the same thing.

Jbb
11-10-2005, 09:23 AM
http://www.takenoshirt.com/_images/230x230_theend.gif

lucky
11-10-2005, 09:39 AM
you know - tom I have never had a Pacataian cambuger - I will have to take a trip to mahhhac donalds and try one - I love ordering from those scandilously dressed sub servient women ! I wonder if i can get fries with acemmmm sause ? that shit is a terror on the lower GI , kinda like pickled eggs on top of dr. pepper

cdog
11-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Tom, I believe you're digestive problem is called Hot Butt! Or at least that's what I call it. :D :yuk: Sometimes it's like tring to get peanut butter out of shag carpet. :yuk:
Very true through. It's allways best to stay positive, sometimes it's hard to do that with so much madness going on around us. I personally have to be Mr. Nice guy all day in my biz. so to get on here and vent sometimes feels good.

SB
11-10-2005, 12:33 PM
My dad says that in the 50s, teenagers were happy.
I asked my mom if, in the 50s and 60s, the govt. went on TV every night to complain that it was out of money. She said no.
We Americans are expected to carry the weight of the world and its guilt.

Dave C
11-10-2005, 02:01 PM
worry not TB, I hear they are coming out with a new drug that will fix up your chapped behind......

1stepcloser
11-10-2005, 02:28 PM
I think that during the Cold war era, the largest threat to our security, Russia, was as afraid of a nuclear war as we were. The threat of retailiation kept us at bay.
Todays terrorists have no fear of death, as you know, they embrace it.

moneypit
11-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Mike should make some cool billet shit for the Kassam-2 missile.
If the Palestinians spent more time pimping their weapons and less time terrorizing... this world would be a better place.
lol..

Coleitis22
11-10-2005, 03:51 PM
The Turtles are cool... Better yet, " Everybody knows it's windy" :D
Windy? Wasn't that first on the hits by a group called The Association??

Coleitis22
11-10-2005, 03:55 PM
I think that during the Cold war era, the largest threat to our security, Russia, was as afraid of a nuclear war as we were. The threat of retailiation kept us at bay.
Todays terrorists have no fear of death, as you know, they embrace it.
True, they want to meet Allah and we owe it to them to not be late for an appointment :mad: I can just see those idiots when they get there. Blessed with a load of virgins and they just blew their wanger off trying to kill Americans. True meaning of DUMBASS