PDA

View Full Version : Hey cs19...

*BN*
11-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Just wanted to say that your avatar kicks a$$.

screamdreambrad
11-10-2005, 09:57 AM
ditto

Taylorman
11-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Its now my desktop as well.

BUSBY
11-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Chris looks like he's running flat ... but pictures don't lie ... he's figured out how to create the proper lift!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20CS19air.jpg

Nucking futs
11-10-2005, 04:40 PM
That picture is BAD ASS !!!!!!!!!!

Scotty
11-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Chris looks like he's running flat ... but pictures don't lie ... he's figured out how to create the proper lift!
Very nice shot!

jamessampica
11-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Nice pic Chris but i don't buy it.Sorry for being a realist.LATER!!!
JUST MY .02 CENT'S.
JIM S
P.S.SORRY CHRIS!!!!!

bp
11-10-2005, 07:16 PM
JUST MY .02 CENT'S.
JIM S
P.S.SORRY CHRIS!!!!!
?? it's a very real shot, with a very long telephoto. my -guess- is this was the first pass saturday...
now, if it would just stay there... :D

PC Rat
11-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Can anyone estimate what part of the track this is (middle, end)? Just wondering if this is at top speed. Is it at all possible to get a 100mph boat to air out like this, or is the higher speed the biggest factor to getting this kind of lift? (In addition to being an air entrapment hull.)
Brian

TRG
11-10-2005, 07:30 PM
I'd be willing to place a wager that he is well into a buck there!

bruleracer
11-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I think he use that new photo shop program that DNE and MPD sell
just my 2 cents

PC Rat
11-10-2005, 07:44 PM
I think he use that new photo shop program that DNE and MPD sell
just my 2 cents
Is that the same program used to produce those huge hp Westech dyno printouts? :2purples:

bruleracer
11-10-2005, 07:55 PM
If it was the DNE program you saw, probably!

sofa king smooth
11-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey steve you going to bring that tunnel to the races next year? Might have something for you,...not.Hope to see you there.

bruleracer
11-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Workin on a program for next year, should be there, all it takes is time and money and we are working on both. Thing look good at this point. Everbody
has somethin, as long as we all have fun!!

Cs19
11-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Sampica, are you saying I photoshopped this picture? If thats what your getting at, your wrong.It was copied from the njba site,the pic was taken by Mark Mclaughlin.
Bp, I agree with what your saying.One of these days it will stay there, there is no question it will run into the 8s off the bottle at ming.Its come a long way,I just gotta find the combo to get it there.I know there are people sitting at their computers saying " In the 8's,yeah right" well I cant wait to prove those people wrong.
I will say setting up a daytona is probably one of the most challenging projects you can come across.If this was a 18cp it would have been maxed out long ago..BOOORING :p
PCrat, you can see the holding rope in the background,and you dont see any white bouys which is the shutdown area, I'm thinking 3/4 track...Hard to say how fast, I have a feeling its up near its peak speed.110-115 mph range, thats where it starts floating and drifting, its a weird sensation. :notam:
Sofaking, Brule wont show, hes washed up. :p Besides, your gonna have another boat to worry about in UBFJ next season, and if the NOS rule passes, you'll have it in the bracket too.http://www.msdignition.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/uploads/av-4888.gif Your gonna have your hands full with Stark Naked my friend... :D
BN, thanks for starting the thread, glad you like the pic of my beach towel. Ive been so burnt out on working on the thing trying to make one last run at it, I forget how much fun Im really having,thanks for the reminder.
CS

bruleracer
11-10-2005, 10:31 PM
NOW YA GOT ME GOIN CHRIS, oh ya to bed,,, see ya next year....
But I do appreciate the motiveation,, you still up or what bra.

BigBlockOldsJet
11-10-2005, 10:41 PM
JUST MY .02 CENT'S.
JIM S
P.S.SORRY CHRIS!!!!!
Too bad that you and your sidekick can't post as "Guest" on ***boat

squirt
11-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Bp, I agree with what your saying.One of these days it will stay there, there is no question it will run into the 8s off the bottle at ming.Its come a long way,I just gotta find the combo to get it there.I know there are people sitting at their computers saying " In the 8's,yeah right" well I cant wait to prove those people wrong.
110-115 mph range, thats where it starts floating and drifting, its a weird sensation. :notam:
CS
Chris does it fall back into the water durring a pass?
I always thought tunnels rode on air around 90mph or so, this doesn't sound too promising for what I'm trying to do
Don

BUSBY
11-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Can anyone estimate what part of the track this is (middle, end)? Just wondering if this is at top speed. Is it at all possible to get a 100mph boat to air out like this, or is the higher speed the biggest factor to getting this kind of lift? (In addition to being an air entrapment hull.)
Brian
Well since I set up the track wit Alan Doerr ... I can tell you that this is right at or right before 1/2 track ... reason being is that it is in the near (left) lane and no 1/2 track lights are in the pic ...
If anyone thinks thet Chris has used any type of photo shop utility to create this picture, they are absolutely wrong ... I have the originals directly from Mark Mclaughlin to prove it. Mark took these, and no one can say that they are photo shopped.
Chris, you have done a great job this year and you should be proud.
Steve, you should come out and show Chris up ... if you can ...
Sorry ... just tryin' to bring you back out of the lurkin' phase ... just messin' w/ you, you know we'd love to have you back!
Everyone who runs NJBA knows I'm just a clown who is a little looney ... so don't listen to me ... unless you think you have what it takes to bring it.

bp
11-11-2005, 06:22 AM
Hey steve you going to bring that tunnel to the races next year? Might have something for you,...not.Hope to see you there.
yeah, right. brool will need to step it up a tad to keep up with that gullwing :2purples:
brian, cs is well past half track in this shot. probably between 900' - 1000'. you don't see poles because they're behind the boat.
squirt, it tends to get higher than this.

Cs19
11-11-2005, 07:10 AM
It sounds like Brool is fully aware of the Red Dragon''s capability after talking with him on the phone last night.Its a true 8.5 river racer that will get used.
Squirt,If what we see in the pic is the attitude after the boat gets up to speed, then it can hold that line all the way down the track providing it doesnt suck air.If it does unload then it will fall, then jump back up when it gets water again. When that happens it will never recover and skip all the way through the lights.

superdave013
11-11-2005, 07:30 AM
that's the best pic I've seen in awhile. would make a good poster

BUSBY
11-11-2005, 09:19 AM
brian, cs is well past half track in this shot. probably between 900' - 1000'. you don't see poles because they're behind the boat.
I could buy that ... my point was that it is a real shot and it wasn't a hole shot pic ... it looks like he is set under full power ... I see no rollers, just glass ... and I have to correct myself, after looking at it again, I see no other bouy's in the background ... so it must be the right lane ...
The other question is ... and I would have to look back on older videos, but maybe Chris can answer it ... does he have the "Daytona Hop" that they're known to do when it gets to a certian speed/lift spot ... I don't remember him hopping like the Bruce's, Nelson (Dan not 109), Harrison or Fuentes did or do ...
The other thing to remember is that Steve was busting his chops in the first place ... so it all doesn't matter anyways ... :D

BUSBY
11-11-2005, 09:19 AM
that's the best pic I've seen in awhile. would make a good poster
I agree ...

Wicked Performance Boats
11-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Chris, I don't care what all the naysayers spit out about whether that is a real shot and or that all anybody on here ever does is say non orginial repetive[?] comments. That is one GREAT picture! It shows all the hard work you have put into your boat and setup. The only thing missing is a babe in a thong!j/k Thank you for sharing it. Budlight :boxingguy

Taylorman
11-11-2005, 11:36 AM
I agree also, its one of the best photo's ive ever seen. Anyone have others that rank as high as this one to share?

BUSBY
11-11-2005, 12:07 PM
I just like looking at it ... too friggin cool!

Taylorman
11-11-2005, 12:47 PM
I agree Busby. Its my desktop picture.

Bense468
11-11-2005, 01:46 PM
That Picture Is Killer...that Boat Is Soooooo Bitchen.

PC Rat
11-11-2005, 03:08 PM
JUST MY .02 CENT'S.
JIM S
P.S.SORRY CHRIS!!!!!
So, why does Jim not believe the picture is real? Is CS the first person to ever make a Daytona ride like this or what? Maybe it's not typical, but has CS pioneered into new territory? The land of the high ridin' pickles?
Anyone have a shot of The Biz or other Daytonas from a similar angle, I'm curious how they compare.
Brian

HBjet
11-11-2005, 03:25 PM
MPD has a photo up in the office of Hot Tub with the right sponson completely out of the water and it's aired out pretty damn good too.
BTW, the photo is very real. I told CS today that if he did photoshop it then he is in the wrong profession. It would be very hard to get the reflections correct.
HBjet

BUSBY
11-11-2005, 03:40 PM
So, why does Jim not believe the picture is real? Is CS the first person to ever make a Daytona ride like this or what? Maybe it's not typical, but has CS pioneered into new territory? The land of the high ridin' pickles?
Anyone have a shot of The Biz or other Daytonas from a similar angle, I'm curious how they compare.
Brian
I think Jim was just giving him crap ...
We have video of my father-in-laws from head on ... you can see underneath them close to that ... I'm sure BP has seen the biz run that way ...
Daytona's look like that from head on when their set up right ... but that's the first pic I've seen from that angle ... very cool ... I'd like to see that passing me from the other direction on the river!

BUSBY
11-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Mark has tons of cool pics from the NJBA events:
Mark McLauglin Photography (714) 895-6814

Cs19
11-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Brian
PC, Its not doing anything different nor am i pioneering new territory. The biz ran way more aggressive than I do or ever will and you shouldnt even compare them.. Id love to go that fast and run it that way, but if you look at the statistics of guys who ran them like that, well the odds of pulling it off are not exactly on your side.You are on the edge at those speeds in a daytona.
just to clarify, my belief is the pic was taken during an unload, or during a shutdown when the boat hops and bounces violently and he caught it at the perfect time. To be honest I dont think it rides like that, however it does ride pretty loose, I have video from a similar angle where you can see ALOT of daylight under the boat.
Thanks for compliments on the boat, I do appreciate it.One of these days we are going to get brave enough to mount the lipstick camera near the boweye to see whats really going on down there, chances are I wont be posting that one though. :D