PDA

View Full Version : Edge Juice power programmer???

cdog
11-10-2005, 03:38 PM
I was thinking of adding the edge juice to my new truck when it becomes avaliable. Has anyone had any bad experiances with them? Will it void the truck warranty? From my understanding the harness for the programmer stays connected to the computer and egt. So it's pretty obvious that you added or modified the stock truck. Comments?

Riverkid
11-10-2005, 03:40 PM
I have one. I love it. It will void your factory warranty. They can tell if you have "chipped" your truck when the dealer does an ECM scan... They drill and tap your exhaust manifold for the EGT probe, and I'm sure the dealer knows where to look for them.

djunkie
11-10-2005, 03:41 PM
HMMMMMM. Thought about doing this myself. From what I've been told, yes it can void your warranty, unless you know someone at a dealer that might look the other way. Didn't you get the new Duramax? I'm not sure if they have the Edge for that new motor yet.

cdog
11-10-2005, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=djunkie]HMMMMMM. Thought about doing this myself. From what I've been told, yes it can void your warranty, unless you know someone at a dealer that might look the other way. Didn't you get the new Duramax? I'm not sure if they have the Edge for that new motor yet.[/QUOT
Ya, I got the LBZ package. It gets dropped off tommarow. I guess they will have a programmer after the first of the year. I was gonna do the extended warranty when they send me the deal in the mail but I was thinking if this programmer voids it why bother? Now I need to sell the Suburban. Know anyone intrested?

djunkie
11-10-2005, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=djunkie]HMMMMMM. Thought about doing this myself. From what I've been told, yes it can void your warranty, unless you know someone at a dealer that might look the other way. Didn't you get the new Duramax? I'm not sure if they have the Edge for that new motor yet.[/QUOT
Ya, I got the LBZ package. It gets dropped off tommarow. I guess they will have a programmer after the first of the year. I was gonna do the extended warranty when they send me the deal in the mail but I was thinking if this programmer voids it why bother? Now I need to sell the Suburban. Know anyone intrested?
Have you driven the truck yet? I don't even think I need the extra power. I just wanted it cause of the eletric guage display. :D

cdog
11-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Have you driven the truck yet? I don't even think I need the extra power. I just wanted it cause of the eletric guage display. :D
Exactly. The gadgets make it more fun. I've driven my dad's 06 LLY but not the LBZ. 500HP and 850FTLB's sounds like too much fun to turn down.

trailerpark_tj
11-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Call Keith (aka STV_Keith) at Diesel Dynamics in Vegas. He can answer your questions and get a better deal than you'll get anywhere else. 1-800-628-8111
http://www.dieseldynamics.com/

OGShocker
11-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Did you get it through Jay?
You need to SPAM your Sub. Some Yuppie puke will buy it... like Roman1. :idea:

Riverkid
11-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Call Keith (aka STV_Keith) at Diesel Dynamics in Vegas. He can answer your questions and get a better deal than you'll get anywhere else. 1-800-628-8111
http://www.dieseldynamics.com/
Great advice. Keith hooked me up. :cool:

pixilatedpussy
11-10-2005, 04:53 PM
I was thinking of adding the edge juice to my new truck when it becomes avaliable. Has anyone had any bad experiances with them? Will it void the truck warranty? From my understanding the harness for the programmer stays connected to the computer and egt. So it's pretty obvious that you added or modified the stock truck. Comments?
I think my husband just ordered one for J540...pm Mr. Pixilated :wink:

PHOTOGLOU
11-10-2005, 04:55 PM
HMMMMMM. Thought about doing this myself. From what I've been told, yes it can void your warranty, unless you know someone at a dealer that might look the other way. Didn't you get the new Duramax? I'm not sure if they have the Edge for that new motor yet.
No they don't yet.... They normally take about 3 months to get that stuff out.....

cdog
11-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Did you get it through Jay?
You need to SPAM your Sub. Some Yuppie puke will buy it... like Roman1. :idea:
I wish I would have gone thru Jay. I did'nt know he could handle the deal as a AZ truck. I'm moving to AZ in Jan- Feb. so I wanted AZ to get my tax $$$. One Spam comming up!

Riverkid
11-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Have you seen the new Edge A2 Attitude controller? It's got a GPS function and a wireless backup cam is coming soon... Nice piece but a bit spendy.

cdog
11-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Have you seen the new Edge A2 Attitude controller? It's got a GPS function and a wireless backup cam is coming soon... Nice piece but a bit spendy.
My friend owns a lift shop in yucaipa called nationwide motor sports. He's setting me up with all the goodies. I've allready got some 33's and wheels for it. I miss having a truck. I'm gonna use my pioneer navigation out of my sub to put in the truck. I'm stoked on the ipod connector to the stereo that you can get. I've heard that the edge juice with the additude deal is awsome.

soupersonic
11-10-2005, 05:55 PM
The edge is a sweet deal, i have one on my dodge along with some other goodies. The down side is I am my own warranty station. Absolutly no problems with the truck with the edge on it, they do more R&D than any other company to make sure their stuff is correct and customer service after the fact (from what ive heard) is top notch. I say go for it :D :cool:

Riverkid
11-10-2005, 06:00 PM
My friend owns a lift shop in yucaipa called nationwide motor sports. He's setting me up with all the goodies. I've allready got some 33's and wheels for it. I miss having a truck. I'm gonna use my pioneer navigation out of my sub to put in the truck. I'm stoked on the ipod connector to the stereo that you can get. I've heard that the edge juice with the additude deal is awsome.
That's all well and good but when are we going duck hunting??? We are headed up to Mammoth tomorrow night...

LakeRacer
11-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Just because you install an aftermarket product, it doesn't automatically mean that it voids the warranty.
See this link http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?ID=8124
I installed a Western Diesel chip on my 2000 Dodge Cummins Turbo and never took it off when I had the vehicle serviced at the dealer. The dealer never even questioned me about it.

cdog
11-10-2005, 07:44 PM
That's all well and good but when are we going duck hunting??? We are headed up to Mammoth tomorrow night...
I've never been duck hunting. But i'd love to go sometime. Are you going snowboarding or sking? Or duck hunting in mammoth?

Riverkid
11-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Duck hunting. Friend with a cabin... Secret spot :D
Very productive... We'll take some pics.

Rexone
11-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Lakeracer is correct. They cannot deny warranty just from the presence of an aftermarket product UNLESS that product caused the problem.
Another link from SEMA. http://www.sema.org/Main/SemaOrgHome.aspx?ID=50100