PDA

View Full Version : Add the Sacramento City Council to "the List"

MagicMtnDan
11-11-2005, 07:35 AM
The Sacramento City Council passed a resolution by an 8-1 vote calling for the immediate withdrawal from Iraq and saying that, "we're losing in Iraq."
Since then Council Members have been bombarded with over 1,000 phone calls, emails, letters and FAXes. Now the Council Members are starting to back track. Not only have they gone to the news media to "clarify" their intentions, but one Member is now saying he was "forced" to vote for the resolution. Here's the letter that Councilman Steve Cohn has sent to his constituents:
"First, I believe that we should not be having this debate at the City Council. I believe the City Council should never vote on foreign policy or other issues that are not matters of local concern. In fact, the City Council's Rules of Procedure specifically prohibit the Council from doing so. Unfortunately, despite my urging and that of Councilman Robbie Waters, we lost 7-2 on a motion by the Council to suspend those rules so that the Council could consider the resolution on the War in Iraq. Therefore, I was forced to vote on the resolution, despite my protest that it was not a proper issue for the Council to consider."

HighRoller
11-11-2005, 08:34 AM
The only thing worse than a traitor is a cowardly traitor. Where is their pride now? They were jumping for joy when they passed that piece of crap resolution. If you're going to make a "statement" like this with a vote, at least have the balls to back it up when you come under fire. What a bunch of liberals pussies. It's like sucker punching someone then running when they get mad.

SmokinLowriderSS
11-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Too bad they forget the mad guy shows up later, and proceeds to return payment for the sucker-punch.
Nutless bastaaads, don't like the heat, don't START a fire in the kitchen.