PDA

View Full Version : Liberator Boats?

MOBrien
11-11-2005, 08:07 AM
Looks like Liberator Boats has a new 30'er that looks pretty nice and is "reasonably" priced. Anyone have any experience(s) with Liberator or know about their overall quality, ride characteristics, who's hull design the Liberator is most likely a splash from(if at all :rolleyes: ), etc...? Very curious why their exhaust is over the transom though...kinda strange.
Liberator 30 (http://liberatorboats.net/30_Liberator.html)
Thanks,
MOB

Flashover
11-11-2005, 08:48 AM
We are working on a new 32' offshore over at Dana right now. This will be an exceptional 32' twin engine boat for the money. Right now it is still in the works but we should have one done for the L.A Boat Show... :crossx: :crossx:

Craig
11-11-2005, 11:07 AM
I don't think it's a bad looking boat at all. The low profile of the back gives it a nice angle, but necessitates the OT exhaust. Be curious as to the price with twins?

HammerDown
11-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Probably not a fair comparison but a friend owned a early 90's 21' Liberator w/outboard. All in all a nice boat, however it really didn't compare to my 21 Daytona for let's say over all quality.
That 30' looks nice however I wouldn't want OT Exhaust because of the Insurance factor.

MOBrien
11-11-2005, 11:49 AM
.......That 30' looks nice however I wouldn't want OT Exhaust because of the Insurance factor.
what do you mean? Why would it matter where the exhaust is routed when getting insurance??

MOBrien
11-11-2005, 11:55 AM
We are working on a new 32' offshore over at Dana right now. This will be an exceptional 32' twin engine boat for the money. Right now it is still in the works but we should have one done for the L.A Boat Show... :crossx: :crossx:
Hey, that's great news....if this were a DANA thread which it's not. :notam:
And I'm not interested in twins at this time....at least not motors. :p The 30' demo has a single n/a572.

HammerDown
11-11-2005, 12:13 PM
what do you mean? Why would it matter where the exhaust is routed when getting insurance??
Several Insurance Co's wouldn't touch my 21 Daytona because it has OT Exhaust. Seems to be a burn factor involved.
I would make damn sure any Ins Co's know about the OT Exhaust when getting a quote. With all the loop holes they have...just another reason why they (may not) pay on a claim.

FASTERDAMITT
11-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Here's the reason thier not selling well. Look at the vinyl work on this hatch.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/478PICT0020.jpg

MOBrien
11-11-2005, 12:38 PM
that was pointed out on the other thread in C&T. Not a good showing of attention to detail eh? :messedup:

Flashover
11-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Hey, that's great news....if this were a DANA thread which it's not. :notam:
And I'm not interested in twins at this time....at least not motors. :p The 30' demo has a single n/a572.
My bad, i was looking at the black 30' with the twins...

jdogginla
11-11-2005, 01:09 PM
My bad, i was looking at the black 30' with the twins...
How much longer do we have to wait for this?????? :notam:

Flashover
11-11-2005, 04:24 PM
How much longer do we have to wait for this?????? :notam:
Wait for what, Our 32'. Is that what you mean... :confused:

Mr. Crusader 83
11-11-2005, 04:31 PM
I HAD A 76 ELIMINATOR BUBBLE DECK JET WITH O/T'S AND I COULD NOT GET INSURANCE FROM ANYONE.
HAVASUBARNEY.COM
WAS SELLING THE LIBERATOR BOATS. THEY HAVE A WEBSITE.
http://liberatorfl.tripod.com/

hoffman
11-11-2005, 04:53 PM
the hulls are based off of a skater. I can tell you right now that the boats are not rigged like a DCB or Eliminator. But then again you do not have to pay the PRICE either. Me and my Dad both have Liberators, he has the 24' Lib with twin 2.5s some of you might have seen it, stars and strips with bald eagle cowlings. The boat loves ruff water and handles great. It does have a porpise in smother water but a great riding boat. I have the 21' lib. it rides prety good just recently rerigged it with twins outboardsl. extreamly run boat.
The 30' liberator is a nice boat I have seen sevral of them. With a single i/o you can see speeds around 114mph. I have not seen or herd of one yet with twin outboards. Last I herd they were talking to Eric Simon on having some of his big 300promaxs built for one. That would be interesting to see.

AZKC
11-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Sweeeet Bass boat :D
http://www.liberatorboats.net/images/bassboatabove.jpg