PDA

View Full Version : Open Bow Bimini Tops?

Cole Sanger
05-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a bimini top for the open bow section of my boat? Sucks having everyone huddled under the cockpit bimini. I was thinking of just buying a second bimini and figuring out how to mount it, but it would be nice to get something that was already designed for the application.

Nord
05-13-2006, 04:26 PM
I would assume you just go to any bimini place, and they will fab you one...

SHAKEN Not Stirred
05-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Less people & more sunblock..... :idea:
Cheaper......and looks better!! :p
Glad I could help......Next?
CJG
:rolleyes:
P.S.
You're from AZ......Don't you put on sunblock with your underwear every morning? :)

socaldj1
05-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Just had a new one made for my boat at Adlees in Corona. It's 2 pieces that zip together or they could have made 2 tops. I take the front one off when It's not to hot or not alot of people. the front can ride in the up position closed if not used.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2453P3160326.JPG

Cole Sanger
05-14-2006, 09:00 PM
That's what I was thinking about doing. Taking two and having someone sew a zipper on so I can zip them together.

MagicMtnDan
05-14-2006, 09:14 PM
First time I've ever seen a basketball hoop on a boat :D

socaldj1
05-15-2006, 08:34 AM
With 2 biminis you can open either one or the other. I know that I wouldn't open the front without the back so they made mine as a front extention, just means one less bow. Both biminis, bimini covers and hardware were about $1,100 out the door.
Just remember to fold them down when trying load on the trailer. Mine is like a 15' sail in the wind.

Cole Sanger
05-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Good point. I just bought my boat in December. I have been having trouble getting it on the trailer. I bet if I closed the bimini before I try to put it on the trailer it would help. Good advise. As far as the zip together, my boat is 26.6 ft long. I live in AZ. That front will be up every time I go out, for sure and really act like a sail.

BigDogIvan
05-15-2006, 01:02 PM
I have a front and rear bimini and a slight breeze sends you where you don't want to go. But the wife has learned to play the breeze going onto the trailer. :) All in all it has been very worth having.