PDA

View Full Version : DCB deck boat?

nodigg
11-12-2005, 07:47 AM
I probably missed all the ***boat hub-bub, but I just saw a picture for the first time. Has there been any buz here on the boards about it?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-12-2005, 09:06 AM
We are waiting for you to buy it so we can all go for a ride. :p

nodigg
11-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Well, Angie, looks like no one has heard anything or is not interested. I saw it on the last page of Power Boat magazine...... :idea:
I would buy one but; (pick the excuse you best like)
a) my new one is on the way already
b) I can't help but think I'd rather buy a rental property with the $200k
c) I don't have enough class to own a DCB
d) I can't qualify for the payments
e) My tow vehicle is too small
f) I don't have enough experience with boats

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Not everyone, only you cool folks :D

BOBALOO
11-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Nice siggy there Rick, you can thank me for sharing it with everyone later. :D
DCB Deck, I am gonna guess it is pretty nice.

throwerb
11-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Well, Angie, looks like no one has heard anything or is not interested. I saw it on the last page of Power Boat magazine...... :idea:
b) I'd can't help but think I'd rather buy a rental property with the $200k
Funny, I saw that ad for the first time yesterday and was wondering why no buss on the boards. My list looks just like your except for a) would be can't afford the gas for twins.

nodigg
11-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Nice siggy there Rick, you can thank me for sharing it with everyone later. :D
DCB Deck, I am gonna guess it is pretty nice.
Yeah, been meaning to get around to thanking you! :boxingguy ;)

nodigg
11-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Funny, I saw that ad for the first time yesterday and was wondering why no buss on the boards. My list looks just like your except for a) would be can't afford the gas for twins.
Oops, yeah, forgot that one! That's a biggy. So what IS up with no buzz? Is it just a drawing/idea so far?

nodigg
11-12-2005, 04:19 PM
I think everybody on Hot Boat has a deck boat now. :D
If we don't have a deck, were on our way to BEING a deck! :messedup:

TPI
11-12-2005, 04:47 PM
I know I saw a pic of one somewhere. It looked like an open bow F29? I am not sure what kind of ammenities(SP) will be offerered. I would like to see more pics of it, if they are available.

RiverOtter
11-12-2005, 04:50 PM
I probably missed all the ***boat hub-bub, but I just saw a picture for the first time. Has there been any buz here on the boards about it?
I saw a pic in the back of Powerboat. Looked like a 4 seat cockpit with an open bow. Probably priced around $999,999 with twin Merc 5.0's

Mr. Crusader 83
11-12-2005, 05:07 PM
b) I can't help but think I'd rather buy a rental property with the $200k
G) Im too broke.
H) I like my 18ft JET

MagicMtnDan
11-12-2005, 05:23 PM
i) I don't know how to make DCB Kool-Aid
j) I don't know the secret handshake
k) I don't own stock in any zip tie companies
l) I have more sense than money
m) I'm not a cop in San Fernando Valley
n) I have to buy my wife/girlfirend bolt-ons first
o) They were out of 'em when I went to the store
p) Lake Havasu reached its limit of DCB's in 2005
q) The guy at the marina won't allow DCB's to launch
r) I'm waiting for DCB to make a flattie
s) What is DCB anyway?
t) I can't even afford a DCB t-shirt

MagicMtnDan
11-12-2005, 05:27 PM
You also don't own a boat. That should probably be m).
Oh, I get it. You have to own a boat and then buy a DCB :hammerhea

nodigg
11-12-2005, 05:44 PM
I saw a pic in the back of Powerboat. Looked like a 4 seat cockpit with an open bow. Probably priced around $999,999 with twin Merc 5.0's
Is that today's dollar valuation or next month's?

nodigg
11-12-2005, 05:45 PM
i) I don't know how to make DCB Kool-Aid
j) I don't know the secret handshake
k) I don't own stock in any zip tie companies
l) I have more sense than money
m) I'm not a cop in San Fernando Valley
n) I have to buy my wife/girlfirend bolt-ons first
o) They were out of 'em when I went to the store
p) Lake Havasu reached its limit of DCB's in 2005
q) The guy at the marina won't allow DCB's to launch
r) I'm waiting for DCB to make a flattie
s) What is DCB anyway?
t) I can't even afford a DCB t-shirt
Uh-oh, I can see how this thread is heading... :hammerhea :mad: :)

RiverOtter
11-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Is that today's dollar valuation or next month's?
Todays... Next month the price will probably climb to $1,099,999 (with the standare 4.3's ) cause people will be demanding their place on the waiting list :notam:

nodigg
11-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Seriously, anyone got the poop?

Charley
11-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Why do people assume DCBs are way overpriced? has anyone got first hand knowledge?? I posted a very interesting comparison on the F-29 and daytona 30 with 496's and the daytona was more.... and came with less
PS i have the deck boat rendering :P

Froggystyle
11-14-2005, 09:32 AM
Not to come to Dave's rescue here, but DCB's are a lot of things, and overpriced is not one of them. To build one off stuff like he does is very expensive, and the time it takes to finish something to that level is not easy at all. You need good folks with good tools and a great mindset.
As I have said before in many different arguments, namely the one regarding the price of gas... feel free to start your own petroleum company. See how that works out for you.
I can promise you that our single engine deckboat would be well over $250K if I have to build them one off, and had multiple boats in the lineup that we had to juggle.
He has some really good riggers over there, and he is doing a great job. I am sure this boat will be one of the nicest deckboats on the market. I can guarantee it will bury anything out there today.
People who want only the best tend to know where to look.

H20 Toie
11-14-2005, 09:37 AM
I think everybody on Hot Boat has a deck boat now. :D
What? and i was just getting use to my boat, now i have to get another one :cry:

nodigg
11-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Why do people assume DCBs are way overpriced? has anyone got first hand knowledge?? I posted a very interesting comparison on the F-29 and daytona 30 with 496's and the daytona was more.... and came with less
Nothing is over priced as long as enough people pay the price to keep the item being manufactured sold.
So Charley, are you allowed to divulge details?

phebus
11-14-2005, 11:56 AM
It's taken a while to tool up the 32', and they still haven't produced the first one yet, so I wouldn't be looking for the deckboat anytime soon.

Froggystyle
11-14-2005, 12:10 PM
It's taken a while to tool up the 32', and they still haven't produced the first one yet, so I wouldn't be looking for the deckboat anytime soon.
Slackers...
Oh, give me a break. I just entered year four. Until someone has that kind of a lag on development, I wouldn't consider anything "taking a while"...
Dave tooled his 32 in the time it took me to figure out my interior...

RiverOtter
11-14-2005, 01:49 PM
DCB's are only overpriced if no one is buying them which is obviously NOT the case. My guess is West Coasters will be standing in line demanding one of those 30 foot beauties. If I had NashvilleJonesbound's money. I'd stand in line and demand one too. :D

riverroyal
11-14-2005, 01:53 PM
DCB's are only overpriced if no one is buying them which is obviously NOT the case. My guess is West Coasters will be standing in line demanding one of those 30 foot beauties. If I had NashvilleJonesbound's money. I'd stand in line and demand one too. :D
he will get the gold plated lug nuts?

RiverOtter
11-14-2005, 02:05 PM
he will get the gold plated lug nuts?
:idea: Hmmm.... gold plated lug nuts.... :idea: Would that be the Reggie Fountain Edition? :D

nodigg
11-14-2005, 03:08 PM
HIJACK!-Since the Tennessee boys are jumping in on this one....I just drove across the bridges on the land between the lakes with my car hauler.....that was tight!

RiverOtter
11-14-2005, 03:13 PM
HIJACK!-Since the Tennessee boys are jumping in on this one....I just drove across the bridges on the land between the lakes with my car hauler.....that was tight!
I ashamed to say I've never been there :frown: But we gots lots of tight bridges over here :D

nodigg
11-14-2005, 03:20 PM
It was pretty cool seeing the old country again. Got off the interstate after I left Bowling Green and went the small roads to Memphis. Pretty state, good to be home!