PDA

View Full Version : Best sea strainers?

delusional502
11-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey Guys,
I'm not sure if this subject has been done in here before but I am after any info on sea strainers.
Which is the best one on the market?
I've had a look at Rex Marine, Teague Marine & Hardin Marine and don't really know enough to make a decision based on advertising alone.
They all seem to be priced pretty close so that doesn't really help either.
Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

delusional502
11-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Anyone, Anyone????
Am I in the wrong place here?
26 views and no one knows anything about these things?
Help please.

superdave013
11-14-2005, 02:59 PM
the I/O guys seem to use them more so they might have a better heads up on them. I have an old skool pair of Rex set ups. I got them cheep used.
Out of all the ones you listed the only ones I have put my hands on were the new Rex deals. I'm sure the other guys are too but those Rex deals are super pimp. There is much more to them then first meets the eye. Super slick locking delio for the lid and the stainless hex on the top is some sano thinking.
Strainers just cost so fockin much it's silly. But when you hold one and think about how long it would take to make it just like that I guess I can see why.

Morg
11-14-2005, 03:01 PM
The only sea stariners I have ever seen in a v-drive are the guys running turbors, whicha are rare.
SuperDave or Rexon may have some info for you.
give it time
Edit: See :mix:

P-Money
11-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I've got a new Rex SuperStainer plumbed for my intercooler. I'm happy with it.

Rexone
11-14-2005, 03:20 PM
If you need any info just PM your phone number be happy to answer any questions. :)
Link to Superstrainers (http://www.rexmar.com/page173.html)

Hallett
11-14-2005, 07:38 PM
I have two rex strainers and am very happy with them
very nice.

obnoxious001
11-15-2005, 02:23 AM
I have a used one that I had rechromed for my Schiada race boat and then never used. One only, don't have a pair if that is what you need.
Hey Guys,
I'm not sure if this subject has been done in here before but I am after any info on sea strainers.
Which is the best one on the market?
I've had a look at Rex Marine, Teague Marine & Hardin Marine and don't really know enough to make a decision based on advertising alone.
They all seem to be priced pretty close so that doesn't really help either.
Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

delusional502
11-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Hey Obnoxious001,
Check your PM when you get a moment.
Cheers