PDA

View Full Version : Moisture Help?

Kindsvater Flat
01-16-2003, 08:07 PM
I have a little problem with moisture in my motor. After about 3 trips I have to change the oil. Its a 440 Chrysler. I have the heads off and see now real signs of water leaking anywhere there. No water passes throught the intake. And I believe the head bolts do not go into the water jackets.
So can this problem be it just not getting hot enough and should I add a pcv to it. I have large breathers on the valve covers. Also it never runs over 120 degrees unless the impeller fails.

paradigm shift
01-16-2003, 10:13 PM
I would check your heads while they are off for cracks just to make sure. A PCV will certainly not hurt and may help. The PCV will help pull any moisture out even with big breathers. How is your oil temp or do you know. If you don't get the oil temp above 215 to 220 it will not burn or boil off any moisture. How much run time are you getting with 3 trips.

BigBoyToys
01-17-2003, 05:49 AM
Water injected headers? I had that happen once where the boat had a miss, and a little too high of water flow to the headers. Everytime it hit the cylinder(s) with the miss, it would suck just a little bit back into the engine. Unhooked the water injection and voila! No more water in the oil. :D
[ January 17, 2003, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 06:16 AM
Jim Lee over at the banderlog board makes a rpm activated water control valve, maybe that might help??