PDA

View Full Version : Tonneau Covers in OC

cdog
11-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Where do you get them and how much do they cost? I'm looking for a fiberglass one that locks and match's the paint color. (silver burch) Should I wait untill I get the spray on bed liner done?

Jyruiz
11-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Where do you get them and how much do they cost? I'm looking for a fiberglass one that locks and match's the paint color. (silver burch) Should I wait untill I get the spray on bed liner done?
Yes on wating for the spray on liner, and I would go with a bedrug instead. Just my opinion.

cdog
11-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Yes on wating for the spray on liner, and I would go with a bedrug instead. Just my opinion.
What's a bed rug? Any links? So far I found a cover by innovation I like. A little pricy??

Jyruiz
11-14-2005, 03:07 PM
I have one on my truck and it looks better than anything out there.
Bedrug (http://www.bedrug.com/)

cdog
11-14-2005, 03:12 PM
I have one on my truck and it looks better than anything out there.
Bedrug (http://www.bedrug.com/)
Looks pretty cool. How much are they?

Jyruiz
11-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Bedrug (http://www.truckcandy.com/BedRug/?source=ovtr)
Pictures don't do it justice, it looks real nice. I have put all kinds of shit back there, and nothing has phased it yet.

Quality Time
11-14-2005, 03:27 PM
cdog,
I got my bed rug and snug lid at Shell Country. It's in Travel Land in Irivine (949)551-1200. When I shopped, I could not find a better price in OC. I agree with jyruiz, go with the bed rug and the lid.

1ASKYDV
11-14-2005, 03:30 PM
cdog,
I got my bed rug and snug lid at Shell Country. It's in Travel Land in Irivine (949)551-1200. When I shopped, I could not find a better price in OC. I agree with jyruiz, go with the bed rug and the lid.
Ditto. Best deal I found.
$1K, for Long bed Super duty.

phebus
11-14-2005, 03:44 PM
cdog,
I beat the price the Shell Country quoted me, and by a pretty good amount. I bought the Snuglid SL (I like the single lock, and they make a model that covers all the black tailgate trim on my '05 2500HD), and I bought it from Mother Trucker's. They have three differnt locations in O.C., so there is probably one not to far from you. I also got the Bed Rug, and love it.

Quality Time
11-14-2005, 04:03 PM
I beat the price the Shell Country quoted me, and by a pretty good amount. I bought the Snuglid SL (I like the single lock, and they make a model that covers all the black tailgate trim on my '05 2500HD), and I bought it from Mother Trucker's. They have three differnt locations in O.C., so there is probably one not to far from you. I also got the Bed Rug, and love it.
I did my shopping in 03'; MT's may have better prices these days. They just came out with the SL and I really liked it over the standard lid, but I was not comfortable with it locking each time you closed the lid. I know I would lock my keys in there.

bunny 166
11-14-2005, 04:18 PM
cdog,
Same with us, although we have a Snug-Top shell with the bed rug. (Superduty long bed) It has been great. The rug is awesome--we have worked that thing pretty good and it's in great shape. Nice for the pets and when we're climbing in and out for stuff... :rollside:

River918
11-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Just bought my 3rd Snug-Lid from Mother Truckers in Stanton. They have had the best prices of all the local shops I've called. They were a little pricey for the bed-rug, so I bought it over the internet and installed it myself. The company I ordered it from offered free-shipping and no sales tax. I saved about $40.00 from what I was able to find it locally. Took about 10 minutes to install.
Regarding the lid, I would definately recomend the Snug-Lid "SL"......

cdog
11-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Looks like I'm gonna join the club. Bed rug and a Snug top. Thanks for the info guy's.

phebus
11-14-2005, 04:49 PM
The rug is awesome--we have worked that thing pretty good and it's in great shape.:rollside:
I should use this line in my signature as one of your quotes. :shift:

bunny 166
11-14-2005, 04:53 PM
I should use this line in my signature as one of your quotes. :shift:
LMAO Rick! Hope you're feeling good...My folks say hello..... :rollside: :p

cdog
11-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Holy Be-jesus. $1,100 bucks for a piece of fiberglass............Are they made by DCB?? Now I know why they're called mother ftttttttrucker. I figured 7-8oo bucks max. Guess not.

roln 20s
11-14-2005, 05:04 PM
I had a Gaylords X2000 on my '04 Crew Cab--best Tonneau cover I ever had. I got mine personally from Bill Gaylord Jr at their shop. He's an avid boater and a Hallett owner. Call over there and ask for him--he may be able to hook you up. I know I'll be calling him again as soon as Jay delivers my new LBZ duramax :)

cc322
11-14-2005, 05:08 PM
I will second Mother Truckers in Staton, great prices. There is also a place in Fullerton, they might meet Mother Truckers, But for me Brian River918 had the best price ;)

cdog
11-14-2005, 05:09 PM
I will second Mother Truckers in Staton, great prices. There is also a place in Fullerton, they might meet Mother Truckers, But for me Brian River918 had the best price ;)
I was quoted by the one in westminister..Are they all the same?

cc322
11-14-2005, 05:13 PM
They might be close in price but Fullerton is closer to you , so I would get the best price and see if the one in Fullerton will match it. also they usually have them in stock at Fullerton.

River918
11-14-2005, 05:45 PM
I have always gone to the one at Beach Blvd and Bolsa Ave.....Might be Westminster.....

phebus
11-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Mother Trucker's (American Camper Shells) has three locations, and they all have the same pricing. Here is a link American Camper Shells (http://www.americancampershells.com/)

River918
11-14-2005, 06:20 PM
bought my bed-rug here...no tax and free shipping.....
http://www.bed-rug.com/

Jyruiz
11-14-2005, 06:23 PM
If you want to save some extra bucks, I would buy it online like some of the members have suggested. I installed it myself and it was real easy. I can't believe how expensive they are though, my cousin is in the car industry and got mine for $150.00.

rodnjen
11-14-2005, 07:45 PM
I used Mother Truckers as well, they were great. The rubber linging became unglued from the Havasu heat 3 years after I bought it, they took care of everything and got us in and out of there in no time.

TRG
11-15-2005, 01:14 PM
I used to work for stockland (moldmaking), we shipped to alot of dealers and we recieved alot of poss. feedback from customers about Fuller shells in Fullerton CA, ive purchased alot of stuff from them over the years!
Just my .02
Todd