PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Springs Hot Boating??????

CMZRACING
11-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey Guys, Looks Like Im Moving Out To The Colorado Springs Area Probably Around Spring Early Summer. Im Here On Hot Boats East, Just Thought I Would Check To See If There Is Enough Hot Boating Around The Area To Drag The Boat Out There. Any Input On THE New Playground? Thanks Guys

Squirtin Thunder
11-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Not too far from me CMZ !!! It is not bad at all here. Not as green as NC here, but what the hell longer summers.

Sleek-Jet
11-14-2005, 05:16 PM
One thing you've got to learn about the Springs... everything is" just off of Academy Blvd..." you'll see what I mean when you get there, and anybody that's spent any time there will know what I'm talking about. :D

jtmarten
11-15-2005, 12:13 AM
There's nothing in the Springs, Denver has a few nice lakes but they're hard to get on/off unless you're there really early. Pueblo has the best lake, its fairly large and has great access at the boat ramps. If you have a flat bottom you'll want to be out of the water by early afternoon 'cause it gets pretty choppy when the wind starts blowin'. There are some really nice lakes within a few hours for long weekend trips, Glendo in Wy. is an awesome lake.

CMZRACING
11-15-2005, 04:49 AM
Yea She's A Flat Bottom, Chop Dosent Bother Me Too Much, Last Week Had To Roll Through 2-3 Foot Chop To Get Throgh The Channel. Good, Thanks For The Input, Sounds Like Its Worth Pulling The Boat Out There, Plus I Dont Think The Old Lady Will Let Me Go There With Out It!

PowellScooter
11-15-2005, 06:41 AM
I grew up in the springs, there was a small but hardcore hot boat community there then. Look up Bruce Holt at Custom Car engineering if hes/its still there. Gene Sullivan not sure where hes at now but in the wholesale glass business. Doug Widner in the real estate field. Bill and Tim Hodges were in the auto body community. If these folks are still around they can give insight as to where to boat.. Remember its high there like 6200 ft so your stuff will probably run a little weaker. Just curious what will you be doing for work there? Ya know sometimes I miss ColoSpgs but living at Powell as Mardonzi says its advantages

CMZRACING
11-15-2005, 07:22 AM
not sure what im going to be doing there, its just kinda of one those things were me and the old lady are picking up and moving on. trying to start something new for a little while. one of those things were you cross your fingers and hit the loud pedal and hope for the best!

Mike.A
11-15-2005, 08:13 AM
Colorado Springs ?
No lakes in the Springs, have to go to Pueblo Reservoir (Sp) or up to Denver to Cherry Creek or Chatfield for local, theres a bunch of smaller lakes around the Denver area just never been, If your not in line at 6 am then theres a long wait. Glendoe, Gurnsey in Wy. are pretty cool for long weekends, We went to Lake Seminoe in Wy. pretty good lake just a little mellower than the other 2. Look out for speed & sound limits at both the Denver lakes, never got nailed but have seen alot of others get tickets.
Also,
Everything is off Academy Blvd. :rolleyes:

CMZRACING
11-15-2005, 12:31 PM
HMMMM THATS ANOTHER PERSON THAT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT ACADAMY RD? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

PowellScooter
11-15-2005, 02:40 PM
HMMMM THATS ANOTHER PERSON THAT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT ACADAMY RD? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
John Martin res, Pueblo res, Lake Meredeth, Horse creek ,Adobe creek, Lake Henry, Yeah there are plenty of places to boat dont worry about that. My house was at Academy and Constitution, worked at Academy and Galley, sis lives at Academy and Union, you will get very familiar with Academy blvd, but its no biggie just drive.