PDA

View Full Version : I need a electrician...

YeLLowBoaT
11-14-2005, 06:14 PM
In Sacramento...
I need some 1 to complely rewire main panel and install some new breakers( what I was going to do) Some one messed it up very very badly. I was shocked just touching the door today. so I killed main power and opened it up. Well Lets just say a blind inspector would not have passed it( hmm some 1 greezed a few palms) normally I would do it myself, not this it was way to f'ed up for that. It looked like some one wired some the grounds so that it would send 220 to some oulets. It looks liek he desided that black and white didn't matter. Also there are hot wires that end inside the box. Anyways PM me if this is something you could get done b4 next monday.
Every 1 I know is ether has too much work or is working out of town =(
I don't care if you a lic or not( you can work under mine) just as long as you know what your doing. The owner has given me permission for $35 a hr, but I will chip in another 15 if you can get it done fast.
PM me for details.......

GMFL
11-14-2005, 07:08 PM
The owner has given me permission for $35 a hr, but I will chip in another 15 if you can get it done fast.
Not trying to be an A-hole here but....Maybe the contractors you know don't want to work for that price. My rates start at $85/hr. (as a General) Contractors get much less busy when they make money on a project. And before anyone asks, I'm swamped, getting that price, no problem.
GMFL

GMFL
11-14-2005, 07:12 PM
One more note, I NEVER work on T&M. Bid jobs only. Most of my customers (all commercial) never ask for bids on the small stuff.

YeLLowBoaT
11-14-2005, 07:35 PM
My hands are kind of tied on what I can offer....I would normally would never offer time i would just get bids... If it was me I would just say fix it and be done with it... I was hoping to find some 1 that works for a company that could do it "after hours" Money on this job is limited. Most of the electricians I know out here make from about 25-60 a hr. I need to move where you live..... if I was at 85/hr I would be lucky to get 1 job every month.
I wish I could do it myself, but lack of time on this job does not allow for it. It always takes 2x as long to fix something that some 1 else fed up as it does to do it right the 1st time.

GMFL
11-14-2005, 07:45 PM
It always takes 2x as long to fix something that some 1 else fed up as it does to do it right the 1st time.
Isn't that the truth. Sorry, I'm, not much help, but good luck with the job.

GMFL
11-14-2005, 07:57 PM
if I was at 85/hr I would be lucky to get 1 job every month.
That's what I use to think too. I started (4 years ago) at charging $60/hr. Eventually started increasing rates and for basic work now get $85. No one took a second look as I raised rates. Quality, customer service are excelent on my part and phone calls, if not picked up, are returned within 15 min. They know that they can count on me and are willing to pay for it. However, I'm still not the most expensive guy around, I keep a short list of customers that I know pay quickly. For that, I keep bids reasonable ( to them).
If you have an employee making $20/hr, it cost you, or you need to bill $60/hr. (three times salary) to break even. Covering payroll taxes, overhead, etc. Even if you aren't paying employees "on the record" your comptetion is and your bid will still be competitive.
OK, back to boating...............

Sleek-Jet
11-15-2005, 09:17 AM
When I was looking at venturing out on my own, and trying how much to charge people per hour, I was told by several people that if 1/3 of your customers aren't complaining about your rates, you aren't charging enough.