PDA

View Full Version : SOB now wants to take "In God We Trust" off of US coins & currency!

MagicMtnDan
11-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Atheist To Sue Over “In God We Trust”
Atheist Michael Newdow says he'll ask a federal court to order removal of the national motto "In God We Trust" from U.S. coins and currency.
He says it violates the religious rights of atheists who belong to his "First Amendment Church of True Science."
The church's "three suggestions" are "question, be honest and do what's right."
Newdow says it wouldn't be right to take up a collection when the money says "In God We Trust."
Last year, the Supreme Court dismissed Newdow's lawsuit over the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance because he doesn't have custody of his daughter, in whose name the lawsuit was filed.
Newdow has resurrected that case by filing an identical lawsuit on behalf of two families.
Word of the suit came on the same day the U.S. Supreme Court declined to take up a dispute over whether it's appropriate to put "In God We Trust" on government buildings.
The court rejected an appeal about the inscription on a government center in Lexington, N.C.
The court didn't comment on its ruling.
An appeals court had ruled the phrase was patriotic, appearing on the nation's coins and made the national motto by Congress, but an attorney for opponents of the inscription told justices the statement is a religious creed.
Earlier this year, justices were divided on the appropriateness of Ten Commandments displays in and near government buildings.

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2005, 12:10 AM
That guy was just mad that he didn't have custady of his kid.... now hes just hunting fame/money.

Steve 1
11-15-2005, 06:48 AM
Just another Fithy DemocRat trying to destroy America! He should jump off a very high bridge into a barge full of Broken glass!

lucky
11-15-2005, 07:39 AM
tell dem fockers if they don't like it - write a check - and have what ever they want printed on it --

HighRoller
11-15-2005, 09:02 AM
To me, the only thing scarier than a religious nut is someone who is terrified of religion so much that they have to attempt to have every reference to it removed from society. What is this guy afraid of????

Havasu_Dreamin
11-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Classic example of letting the fabric of what this country was founded upon slowly whither away until there is nothing left and the USA is nothing more than a memory of what once was great, but was ruined by political correctness and the refusal to make people assimilate into our society as opposed to us assimilating into theirs.

little rowe boat
11-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Classic example of letting the fabric of what this country was founded upon slowly whither away until there is nothing left and the USA is nothing more than a memory of what once was great, but was ruined by political correctness and the refusal to make people assimilate into our society as opposed to us assimilating into theirs.
Amen to that.

Liberator TJ1984
11-15-2005, 11:52 AM
If all that Money offends him he can send it to me , I kinda like God's name on it :mad:

Her454
11-15-2005, 12:33 PM
This guy lives in Nor Cal not far from me and a sacramento station dedicated their morning show to him (as a joke) and people were calling in and complaining, some stating that he needed to be shot....and it was all a big joke as they made fun of him. Apparently he asked for police protection.

soupersonic
11-15-2005, 03:24 PM
The court building has "In God We Trust " on it yet he still went in? Shame on him. Not a very good athiest is he :D

HM
11-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Amen to that.
Keep religion out of this, will ya? :D
Why doesn't somebody call this guy up and get him hooked on ***boat forums, then he won't have any time for crap like this.

Blown 472
11-15-2005, 04:05 PM
I vote for in the owl we trust.

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2005, 04:43 PM
I normally don't care about others political views. This guy I do. Not bcuzz what he is trying to change but his reason for doing it. He is not doing it for his beleifs. He is doing it for power. origanlly he did it for power of his kid and ex wife, Now he is trying to gain power over every 1 else in the US by focing his beliefs on us. Now I don't know this guy, but I do know enuff about humen nature to know that he is on a "power trip". Now I personally agree that church and state should be sperated. I do not beleave that word pened over a 100 years ago can be taken at face value. Just look over the past 10 years. The way ppl talk has change, In not only the words used but the meanings behind the word. Its like Shakespeare if you read the plays with out knowing some of the slang and manorisms(sp)of the time period you will misunderstand the meanings of some lines. One of the classic examples of this is form rome and juilet. "get ye' to a nunery" Now if you use moderm language to inturpet this line it means something like "go become a nun". However if you do some study into the slang of the peroid you will find that nunery actually means ***** house. Ok enuff school flash back.....
I personally would liketo meet this guy so that I could show him what power is. :hammerhea

Seadog
11-15-2005, 05:57 PM
There are some people that will do anything to antagonize others. They take great pleasure in making others people angry or suffer. They relish being able to make others uncomfortable and to cost them money and time to defend common belief. It is a sickness shared with such luminaries as John Brown, Osama Bin Lada and a host of others. It is not about any particular belief, it is about wanting to deny others their beliefs. It is about hate.

HighRoller
11-16-2005, 11:08 AM
It's amazing that this guy does not want God imposed on anyone, but he's trying to impose his atheism on us! True arrogance and hypocrisy illustrated.

spectratoad
11-16-2005, 07:59 PM
It's amazing that this guy does not want God imposed on anyone, but he's trying to impose his atheism on us! True arrogance and hypocrisy illustrated.
Perfect response and truth. I owe you a beer. :)

Blown Spectra
11-16-2005, 08:21 PM
i'll drink to that... very well said my man.

Highlimit9000
11-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Kinda makes you wonder why it was great and still is great! What would the world be today without America?
That is the problem with today's society, we are always trying to appease the 2% er's. If he does not like what is written on our money or buildings then move elsewhere!
"It takes more faith to believe in nothing, than something".

Paul65k
11-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Shakespeare was right.....we should kill all the lawyers!!!!
Isn't it amazing just how much of the crap we are dealing with today can be attributed to the legal system and the Lawyers in this country. This guy for example is a lawyer and when you combine that with a need for notoriety this causes this kind of sensational grandstanding. The problem comes because in a effort to maintain our country as the guiding light for freedom and human rights for the rest of the world we enable other nutcases like this and create obscene forums like the wacky 9th district court of appeals!!!
The conundrum is that we still have the best legal system in the world......but it has been so manipulated over the past 40 years almost exclusively as a result of the extreme avarice in the legal community. We now have product liability costs that are 100 times what they were in the 60's. As a culture we seem to be totally abdicating personal responsibility in favor of the courts and our legislature(s). Daily more and more things are the fault of someone else (Democrats, Republicans, the President, The Congress, the Supreme Court, rich people, poor people, immigrants, etc, etc, etc. .........you fill in the blank!).
We are on a slippery slope and I for one can NOT see an end in sight, and I also do not have a solution which just adds to the frustration. If you try to exercise personal responsibility then you could become the target of the legal system and even if you are absolutely without any blame you could still spend a good portion of your own personal fortune feeding the corrupt legal system in an effort just to prove you didn't actually do anything wrong!
Do I sound jaded....maybe a little and really not because I have lost everything, but more because I live every day making sure I don't get tangled into the terrible system! I spend thousands of dollars every year on insurance to protect myself not so much from loss but from the legal system should something go wrong!
Oh well....I'm rambling but it sure felt good!!!!
Cheers! :rolleyes:

78Eliminator
11-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Fanaticism either by an atheist or by a religious person is a sign of doubt. Personally, I don't give a shit what it says on the dollar bill, as long as it can still be traded for beer.

HOSS
11-28-2005, 02:00 AM
Damn straight.

KLEPTOW
11-30-2005, 04:30 AM
I say appease the ****er start making 2 denominations one with “In God We Trust” the other with-out see how long that ass hole survives on his money.

1978 Rogers
11-30-2005, 08:55 AM
It should be removed and changed to "In Liberals We F@ck Up". :mad: I can't believe all the time and money wasted on this subject. If you don't like it, don't look at it.

DCBob
11-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Shakespeare was right.....we should kill all the lawyers!!!!
Isn't it amazing just how much of the crap we are dealing with today can be attributed to the legal system and the Lawyers in this country. This guy for example is a lawyer and when you combine that with a need for notoriety this causes this kind of sensational grandstanding. The problem comes because in a effort to maintain our country as the guiding light for freedom and human rights for the rest of the world we enable other nutcases like this and create obscene forums like the wacky 9th district court of appeals!!!
The conundrum is that we still have the best legal system in the world......but it has been so manipulated over the past 40 years almost exclusively as a result of the extreme avarice in the legal community. We now have product liability costs that are 100 times what they were in the 60's. As a culture we seem to be totally abdicating personal responsibility in favor of the courts and our legislature(s). Daily more and more things are the fault of someone else (Democrats, Republicans, the President, The Congress, the Supreme Court, rich people, poor people, immigrants, etc, etc, etc. .........you fill in the blank!).
We are on a slippery slope and I for one can NOT see an end in sight, and I also do not have a solution which just adds to the frustration. If you try to exercise personal responsibility then you could become the target of the legal system and even if you are absolutely without any blame you could still spend a good portion of your own personal fortune feeding the corrupt legal system in an effort just to prove you didn't actually do anything wrong!
Do I sound jaded....maybe a little and really not because I have lost everything, but more because I live every day making sure I don't get tangled into the terrible system! I spend thousands of dollars every year on insurance to protect myself not so much from loss but from the legal system should something go wrong!
Oh well....I'm rambling but it sure felt good!!!!
Cheers! :rolleyes:
Sad but true :(

Squirtin Thunder
11-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Atheist To Sue Over “In God We Trust”
Atheist Michael Newdow says he'll ask a federal court to order removal of the national motto "In God We Trust" from U.S. coins and currency.
He says it violates the religious rights of atheists who belong to his "First Amendment Church of True Science."
The church's "three suggestions" are "question, be honest and do what's right."
Newdow says it wouldn't be right to take up a collection when the money says "In God We Trust."
Last year, the Supreme Court dismissed Newdow's lawsuit over the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance because he doesn't have custody of his daughter, in whose name the lawsuit was filed.
Newdow has resurrected that case by filing an identical lawsuit on behalf of two families.
Word of the suit came on the same day the U.S. Supreme Court declined to take up a dispute over whether it's appropriate to put "In God We Trust" on government buildings.
The court rejected an appeal about the inscription on a government center in Lexington, N.C.
The court didn't comment on its ruling.
An appeals court had ruled the phrase was patriotic, appearing on the nation's coins and made the national motto by Congress, but an attorney for opponents of the inscription told justices the statement is a religious creed.
Earlier this year, justices were divided on the appropriateness of Ten Commandments displays in and near government buildings.
All I can say is "Lets Pray" that it does not happen.