PDA

View Full Version : Directv HD help

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
11-15-2005, 09:29 AM
I keep having two issues with my Directv HD..
First- you turn it on and it says that "service not available at this time" with an OK button and it won't let me change the channel.
Second- There is a latency between the audio heard and what you are seeing the person saying. it's like watching the old kung-fu movies..!
any ideas?

Stoneman
11-15-2005, 09:34 AM
I have a HD receiver for Directv and I have never had your first problem but every once and awhile I get the sound thing. Most of the time it is the non-HD stuff on a HD channel. :confused:

ROZ
11-15-2005, 09:45 AM
I have heard of this happening. The receiver is bad.

Jyruiz
11-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Did you try reseting the receiver? Unplug it for one minute and then plug it back in and turn it on, it is going to download the guide again. If that does not work, then the receiver is bad.

Riverkid
11-15-2005, 10:11 AM
I had the same problem a month ago. If you are under a year on your receiver, you can call them and they will ship you a replacement. We had to be sent two HD Tivo receivers - they don't ship new, but rather reconditioned replacements. The first one received was as bad as the one we were removing.
You have to go through an hour with one of their tech guys troubleshooting first, and then they will escalate and ship the replacement if their fixes don't work...
Good luck.