PDA

View Full Version : Ol Barron Sprint

Rattle Can Lou
11-15-2005, 03:07 PM
I was looking for some info on a boat. My telephone advertising guy came in today and knows that I mess around with the v-drive guys. Oh wait...my brother messes around with the v-drive guys...anyway. In the late 70's his Dad had a Barron Sprint with a blown chevy. It was called "Blown Ranger". His Dad's name was Slick Wagner. Does this run a flag up anybody's pole? I figured the older guys on here..Sammons, Billy B., maybe even Smoooth Dick or possibly Van Beenan would have a clue. This guys yearning for the good ol days. I told him to kick back and have a few bloody marys and I should have some answers by morning....RCL

vdriver4ever
11-15-2005, 03:39 PM
I can see it now under lights!
RATTLE CAN LOU'S AUTOBODY
"when you stack it up we stack it on"
"where we match the cap to the car"
"where service before krylon is our moto"
I will forever be in debted to Dave Sammons for coming up with that name for you bro. I think Billy B might even have a few new ones too?

FlatStupid
11-15-2005, 03:47 PM
I was looking for some info on a boat. My telephone advertising guy came in today and knows that I mess around with the v-drive guys. Oh wait...my brother messes around with the v-drive guys...anyway. In the late 70's his Dad had a Barron Sprint with a blown chevy. It was called "Blown Ranger". His Dad's name was Slick Wagner. Does this run a flag up anybody's pole? I figured the older guys on here..Sammons, Billy B., maybe even Smoooth Dick or possibly Van Beenan would have a clue. This guys yearning for the good ol days. I told him to kick back and have a few bloody marys and I should have some answers by morning....RCLBilly B one of the older guys thats beautiful!!!!!! ;)

vdriver4ever
11-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Rattle Can should watch what he is saying... He will be 53 in January.

Dave Sammons
11-15-2005, 05:56 PM
I think Billy B might even have a few new ones too?
As I remember Billy came up with "Hackett" because Mike looks more like this guy's brother, than yours!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5187hackett.jpg
Check him out in the movie poster...That's EXACTLY what Rattle Can will look like with a helmet on in his new boat when he's chasing your Nordskog! It's even Krylon White, his favorite! :D :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5187fc_1_b.jpg
On the Barron Deal...I remember a Blown Gas Hydro called "Blown Ranger", as far as a circleboat, I'll leave that to Billy or Jerry, they know old circleboats like no other! If the owner really went by "Slick", he must've been a beauty!

LUVNLIFE
11-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Billy B one of the older guys thats beautiful!!!!!! ;)
Yea,,,,Ole Billy B. :D :D

vdriver4ever
11-16-2005, 06:04 AM
That looks just like Rattle Can after he came downstairs and explained the toilet problem....

BILLY.B
11-16-2005, 06:11 AM
I was looking for some info on a boat. My telephone advertising guy came in today and knows that I mess around with the v-drive guys. Oh wait...my brother messes around with the v-drive guys...anyway. In the late 70's his Dad had a Barron Sprint with a blown chevy. It was called "Blown Ranger". His Dad's name was Slick Wagner. Does this run a flag up anybody's pole? I figured the older guys on here..Sammons, Billy B., maybe even Smoooth Dick or possibly Van Beenan would have a clue. This guys yearning for the good ol days. I told him to kick back and have a few bloody marys and I should have some answers by morning....RCLMy wife grabbed my walker for me so I could get over to the computer and answer this post without falling 2purples:. And yes this does run something up my pole about as quick as your hand :) . I remember seeing a Barron back in the late 70's that had a blown Chevy in it and it was hanging out around Big Bend in Parker. Colors were tan and candy browns. Don't know if this was the boat but I thought it was called "Blown Ranger". Of course my memory is fading about as quick as your sex life Lou, but i'll try and get more info for you. By the way, the boat was a neat looking piece.

Rattle Can Lou
11-16-2005, 06:48 AM
Old Worn Out One...Thanks for searching the deep dark corners of that feeble mind. I knew if you grunted long enough you would either plug the toilet or remember this boat. You are probably right about the boat because he was a Parker boater. More info would be killer if someone could remember where it might be today. He's not hot to by it. He would just like to know where it went. Hey, I want to tell you that someone made some wise ass comments about your waist size on that other thread about house calls. Personally I thought you were pretty slim. I was told you were much larger. Sammons told me you were about my size....You're real close but not quite...

olbiezer
11-16-2005, 08:16 AM
what body part are u two comparing now? this thread is getting xxx rated lol

Morg
11-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Please,
I just had lunch.

vdriver4ever
11-16-2005, 01:51 PM
Trust me Morg Ol Rattle Can can screw up a good lunch, dinner and even breakfast at will. He has been the MC at tons of events and they start out pretty mild but after three or four vodka's he's Adrew Dice Clay.

olbiezer
11-16-2005, 06:23 PM
does he do the rymes also like the dice man? ooohhhhh.......ol rattle can went to the cuppord to get rover a bone.......when he bent over ......rover took over and gave ol rattlecan another bone oooooooohhh

Dave Sammons
11-16-2005, 08:08 PM
does he do the rymes also like the dice man? ooohhhhh.......ol rattle can went to the cuppord to get rover a bone.......when he bent over ......rover took over and gave ol rattlecan another bone oooooooohhh
That's Beauty! Ol' Rattle Can bending over! Problem is that hasn't happened in a while, think Chris Farley with a can of Rustoleum in one hand(He uses it fer a base coat to pertect his customers' veehikles from dem I-da-Ho winters). Although rumor has it he did bend over once in the past year, I think it was a wayward frenchfry on the shop floor.

haulina29
11-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Olbiezer I got the package repeat I got the package ! H29 sorry for the hijack

76BARRON
11-16-2005, 09:25 PM
It's funny that somone asked about that 'Slick' guy and his Barron Sprint
I recently found a magazine article about him and his boat as it was being built in the 70's and how he would hang out at Parker........
If anyone is interested?? maybe I can get VDV to post it ?

olbiezer
11-16-2005, 10:37 PM
u know me 76 i always want to see pics of fast sprints

Rattle Can Lou
11-17-2005, 07:29 AM
Barron, That would be way cool if that could be posted. Slick is still alive and his son is in his 40's. They are just poking around and it would be fun for his son to see that. Your help would be greatly appreciated....RCL

76BARRON
11-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Found the artical... it is in the OCT 1977 Popular Performance Boat Magazine.
As soon as I can hook up with V-DRIVE VIDEO then he can scan and post it
for me.

dmontzsta
11-17-2005, 11:54 AM
John, I was just about to start a MIA thread for you. :) Good to see you posting. :)
Back to the Grumpy Old Men.

76BARRON
11-17-2005, 02:50 PM
sitll here ....alive and kickin :crossx:

76BARRON
11-17-2005, 02:52 PM
but I still (sitll)cant spell for chit!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
11-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Found the artical... it is in the OCT 1977 Popular Performance Boat Magazine.
As soon as I can hook up with V-DRIVE VIDEO then he can scan and post it
for me.
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Blown%20Ranger.jpg
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Blown%20Ranger%20001.jpg

76BARRON
11-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Jerry thanks for posting that for me. Nobody was home when I came by.

Rattle Can Lou
11-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Thank You Jerry, I really appreciate it. RCL