PDA

View Full Version : California CO warning stickers

Sleek-Jet
11-15-2005, 04:26 PM
California CO stickers... anyone heard about this yet???
http://dbw.ca.gov/codanger.asp
Says Carbon Monoxide stickers are required on all new and used boats sold in Cali... :rollside:

H20 Toie
11-15-2005, 04:30 PM
I guess i won't be selling my boat. :D

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Ah the "teak surfing" warning... I remember them passing a bill about that right after a kid died from drowning after inhaleing CO while "teak surfing" Ie hang on the swin platform of a comp ski boat at slow speeds then releasing to body surf in the wake.

Her454
11-15-2005, 04:40 PM
"Assembly Bill 2222 (Koretz) requires that a set of carbon monoxide warning stickers be placed on the transom and helm of all new and used motorized vessels sold in California beginning May 1, 2005.
The Department of Boating and Waterways has coordinated with nationwide boating interests to develop a set of universal carbon monoxide decals. The Department of Motor Vehicles will send the decals and an informational brochure out with all vessel registrations for the next four years. Boat manufacturers and dealers should order decals from the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) at http://www.nmma.org/certification/publications/order.asp. Decals will also be available to order online from the DBW Website. Scroll down to the “Other” section of the publications list and look for “Carbon Monoxide Danger.” DBW provides the decal and brochures as a set".
Once we get the design/template we can hire Jordy to make us all some counterfit decals and we'll be good to go.

Jyruiz
11-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Soon all our boats will be full with stickers from all the warnings this communist state wants you to have.

Jordy
11-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Once we get the design/template we can hire Jordy to make us all some counterfit decals and we'll be good to go.
Sorry, no can do. I'm not in the sticker business. I can offer up some referrals though. ;)

phebus
11-15-2005, 04:50 PM
What is posted states the vessel new or used must be "sold" with the stickers in place. It doesn't say they have to be maintained, or can't be removed. Unless there is more to it than posted, it's no big deal.
By the way, I took the tags off my pillow. :2purples: :D

Her454
11-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Send us your address at the Big House, we'll be sure and write.

Sleek-Jet
11-15-2005, 05:13 PM
What is posted states the vessel new or used must be "sold" with the stickers in place. It doesn't say they have to be maintained, or can't be removed. Unless there is more to it than posted, it's no big deal.
Stay where you are... the police will be there shortly... :D