PDA

View Full Version : Scary ride in Vegas

Brooski
11-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Just saw on the news, the Xtreme ride on top of the stratosphere had riders on board when the power went out. The ride was hanging over the side of the stratosphere for 45 minutes until they got the passengers off.
I think I will pass on that one...... :redface:

maxwedge
11-16-2005, 01:50 AM
Which ride, the roller coaster or the "Big Shot"? Because the roller coaster is pretty much hanging off the side anyway, and if it's the other one, that's a huge breakage. Or did they get new "better" rides in the last 8 years? since I lived there. That place was in banckruptcy as they were building it, I'm sure lots of corners were cut. Of course, being a dumbass, I've ridden both those rides. Nothing electrical works too well without power I guess, but I'm sure all those rides have saftey mechanisms in case of power loss, etc. Would suck to be stranded up there though.

Rexone
11-16-2005, 01:53 AM
The big shot is badass, I've ridden it 100+ times. Best at night though. With a little wind.

maxwedge
11-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Ok so I just looked it up, I guess they did get a new one, the "X-Scream." Looks like I'm going to have to visit again so I can test myself for heart problems the hard way. Tee,hehee :rollside:

Rexone
11-16-2005, 02:06 AM
cedar point is where I'd like to visit one day. check the videos out... http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/inside_park/rides/thrill/ttd/video/index.cfm
Stratosphere rides: Insanity looks pretty cool too. http://www.stratospherehotel.com/las_vegas_stratosphere_ride.html#

CVX20Dustin
11-16-2005, 02:41 AM
Was there last month went on all the rides and loved it. Can't say the same for my girl friend.

pjones
11-16-2005, 06:34 AM
Was there last month went on all the rides and loved it. Can't say the same for my girl friend.
Hey cvx, were you in the air force a few years back?

spectratoad
11-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Always remember-------the contractor that built them is usually the lowest bidder. :eek: :eek:

Mandelon
11-16-2005, 09:29 AM
That big shot ride is a kick. Its weird looking down and seeing the top of airplanes......
I like the passengers with the short skirts...... :cool:

HocusPocus
11-16-2005, 10:02 AM
i have ridden the bigshot before.. the roller coaster didn't really impress me.. too slow and just goes up and down in a circle. the view is great.. but thats about it.

NashvilleBound
11-16-2005, 10:04 AM
I've ridden that and the Big Shot on top ....wont ride the rollercoaster again but would do the Big Shot.....night with a cross wind...it was special.

Racer277
11-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Always remember-------the contractor that built them is usually the lowest bidder. :eek: :eek:
I rode the Big Shot at night. Wouldn't ride the coaster, took a good look at the cement anchors though, and thought every second "lowest bidder"...

purrfecttremor
11-16-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm going this weekend and the scariest thing I plan on seeing is the inside of a cab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!