PDA

View Full Version : Old Hallett Ski Race/Marathon Boats ???

Squirtin Thunder
11-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Does anyone have any pics of the 19' - 20' Boats before they were called Vectors ??? And if possible some history please on these boats ???
Thanks
Jim

Riverkid
11-16-2005, 07:39 AM
With a turbo motor in it. It's the same one that was in Hot Boat last month. Give Jim Wilkes a call. He's got the scoop on them.

MKEELINE
11-16-2005, 07:43 AM
I remember seeeing this ad awhile back.I have a '78 Super Sport v-drive and my dad has a '64 Hallett w/ a 427 side oiler. I don't know much of the history of the Hallett ski race/marathon boats. I do know that our Halletts are built like tanks.

supernick
11-16-2005, 02:52 PM
hallet vector (http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75749)

Squirtin Thunder
11-16-2005, 03:27 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1693IM_A0038s.jpg

Ex PSI Canyon
11-16-2005, 05:02 PM
I have an 86 Super Sport Hallett w/ mild BBC, Absolutely love it. Sold the sister boat of this one with twin turbo to a friend that had to have it, he loves that boat as much.

SGettmann
11-16-2005, 05:14 PM
Go to www.nwsra.net and you'll see the links to current shots of this past season. You can also go to www.skirace.net and down load some video links to Worlds and the Catalina Ski race promo. Goldfinger Racing productions does some nice stuff. You'll see photos of Hallets, Cyclones, Nordics, Schiada, and anything else that currently runs on the ski racing circuit. Lots of turbo and blown motors as well. If you want some web cam shots from the observer seat in NWSRA #34 from 2002 Nationals, I can send you that. Turn the speakers up, cool stuff. Sean@aha.com.

haulina29
11-16-2005, 05:18 PM
If you were riding backwards in 34 how did you keep the oil of the lense ? H29

SGettmann
11-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Had Jeff from Goldfinger forward me the webcam shot, since I now own Mitchel's Schiada. Sounds like a story I haven't heard. Boat ran great for me this last season. Sounds like the V-Drive may have spewed?

haulina29
11-16-2005, 05:43 PM
SGettman check your private messages Exxon Valdeez

obnoxious001
11-16-2005, 06:53 PM
I was one of the guys wearing the helmet cam in Pete's boat at Nats. I still have velcro on my helmet. Before he bought that Schiada, he had a 19' Hallett that I think he said he bought around 1979, and he even continued to race it some while he had the Schiada, so I got a ride or two in the "little boat" too. At the 1991 Nats in Clearlake, some unknown person used felt pens to label the boat the "Exxon Valdeez" overnight, which should give a hint to H29's meaning.

SGettmann
11-16-2005, 10:07 PM
I was one of the guys wearing the helmet cam in Pete's boat at Nats. I still have velcro on my helmet. Before he bought that Schiada, he had a 19' Hallett that I think he said he bought around 1979, and he even continued to race it some while he had the Schiada, so I got a ride or two in the "little boat" too. At the 1991 Nats in Clearlake, some unknown person used felt pens to label the boat the "Exxon Valdeez" overnight, which should give a hint to H29's meaning.
Damn, Pete didn't tell me this before I bought the boat from him. Neither did Spindler when I checked in with him. Oh well, the boat has been gone through several times since then. Anyway, some oil in the bilge keeps it from rusting, egh?

haulina29
11-16-2005, 10:40 PM
The Valdeez was not the Schiada it was the Hallett .

obnoxious001
11-16-2005, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the video, do you know who the skier is in the clip?
H29 is right, go back and read my post, I was talking about the 79 Hallett. However, Pete often had some engine oil leak that we chased around. That Schiada is a great boat, besides all the time I had in the observer's seat, I got to take it out in boat warm-ups one race when Pete wasn't feeling up to it that morning, I don't recall if the water was too cold, or his head hurt from the night before, but that boat feels great at speeds.

SGettmann
11-16-2005, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the video, do you know who the skier is in the clip?
H29 is right, go back and read my post, I was talking about the 79 Hallett. However, Pete often had some engine oil leak that we chased around. That Schiada is a great boat, besides all the time I had in the observer's seat, I got to take it out in boat warm-ups one race when Pete wasn't feeling up to it that morning, I don't recall if the water was too cold, or his head hurt from the night before, but that boat feels great at speeds.
Drop me an email at Sean@aha.com. I'll send it over in the morning when I get into work and I'm not on a cell card connection. Jeff from Goldfinger Racing was the skier. He's been doing a bit of web cam stuff that is really cool. If you get a chance to check out his work, it's really good. I have the video for the World Championships in Long Beach. Marti Wells has a section in the video that covers an 'intro' to speed skiing that is really cools. Some great footage. Jeff is suppose to be coming out with a new video soon.
Boat is still running well, though I don't have any oil leaks now. In process of pulling motor to go through lower end and check bearings. My dad will be around to help me with this, since I'll be in learning mode. He did all our engine work when the family used to be racing during the early 80's. He still has the 20' Schiada. I have alot to learn from him.

obnoxious001
11-16-2005, 11:45 PM
As I said, Jeff had me wear the camera for a couple of races, but I didn't observe for him.
I ran a 20' Schiada,, great boat!