PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mead Run Thanksgiving Weekend

BADAXE
11-16-2005, 09:27 AM
I've heard rumors that a bunch of people get together and go for a run on Lake Mead the friday after Thanksgiving Day. Anybody know about this?

BADAXE
11-18-2005, 07:50 AM
Anybody?
Where's BurtandNancy? Burt you have to know something.

Dusty Times
11-18-2005, 03:49 PM
I hadn't hear of it yet
Mead was great a couple of weeks ago. The water was so glassy it felt sticky

burtandnancy
11-18-2005, 05:28 PM
badaxe. yes, we did it for years (maybe 15/20. It used to be our last run of the year. Breakfast at Temple Bar. I don't remember a rough trip, ever, in fact it was usually sticky smooth, and we only needed a jacket while running. One year I made a vow to boat every month of the year, so on New Years Day, Nancy launched me and I made a Bonzai run to the dam and back. We were at the lake last week and it was fabulous. Just reviewed my photo album and saw that I did it in a Spectra, Schiada, at least 3 Halletts, an American Offshore and Eliminator.
Unsure about this year tho...

CAHotRodBoy
11-18-2005, 09:20 PM
I'd be interested.

BADAXE
11-19-2005, 10:29 AM
badaxe. yes, we did it for years (maybe 15/20. It used to be our last run of the year. Breakfast at Temple Bar. I don't remember a rough trip, ever, in fact it was usually sticky smooth, and we only needed a jacket while running. One year I made a vow to boat every month of the year, so on New Years Day, Nancy launched me and I made a Bonzai run to the dam and back. We were at the lake last week and it was fabulous. Just reviewed my photo album and saw that I did it in a Spectra, Schiada, at least 3 Halletts, an American Offshore and Eliminator.
Unsure about this year tho...
I thought I heard something about that. Let me know if you hear about it happening this year again. Thanks