PDA

View Full Version : Happpy Thanksgivng

Lady Warhawk
11-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Wishing all the B.O.T.E. folks a happy, and save holiday. Anyone care to share their plans?
We're having gobble gobble, butter nut squash, green beas cassarole, Corn, creamed style of course. Home made bread glazed carrots, and maybe a small pot of collards. Not to mention tons of desserts, coffee :coffeycup sweet tea. We're expecting about 10 or so to dine with us, plus some of the LEO who have to work that day.
After a busy day, I plan on zonking out :sleeping:

MizBubba
11-17-2005, 06:22 AM
OK. I'm going to forget cooking and come to your house! :D Just kiddin'!
Jamie & I are planning the usual feast at the Mize house. Turkey, dressing, broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, deviled eggs, pear salad... etc, etc. :)
Looks like we're postponing the retirement of the BubbaJet :rolleyes: , so I guess we'll winterize it over the holiday!

CMZRACING
11-17-2005, 07:59 AM
WELL ALL THAT SOUNDS A LITTLE BETTER THAN DINNER AT MY PARENTS HOUSE WITH ALLLLLLLLL THE FAMILY. :cry: :cry:

Lady Warhawk
11-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Jamie & I are planning the usual feast at the Mize house. Turkey, dressing, broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, deviled eggs, pear salad... etc, etc. :)
Looks like we're postponing the retirement of the BubbaJet :rolleyes: , so I guess we'll winterize it over the holiday!
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the mashed cheesy taters. Tis the season to be in a tizzy huh :cry:

miketsouth
11-17-2005, 09:33 PM
WELL ALL THAT SOUNDS A LITTLE BETTER THAN DINNER AT MY PARENTS HOUSE WITH ALLLLLLLLL THE FAMILY. :cry: :cry:
Guess the Millenuims got the best of me, and since i am working on a Mouse to show FAKETHIS and the other BB boys (you hear that SS) something next summer i could not just burst into song so here it goes:
i have the same feeling, except my parents are coming to MY dishonorable abode this year. I will try to enjoy them if and while i can. I find i can enjoy them more if i just be a little humble.
Ones parents and blood relatives are an accurate view into who one really is.
It is like this:
If a man likes a girl, go meet her mother and father. They are what she probably eventually will become. It is an unreliable view into the future, yet it is a view. Beats astrology all to hell. (i am guessing this it the case for women too....i couldnt tell you, although you might post this supposition on the west coast boards and get an answer)
Look at it from the anti perspective:
You are your mother and father (well actually 50%) and all their blood relatives. This is what your husband/wife is going to have to put up with.
Your blood relatives are an unreliable view into yourself, yet it is a view. Far better than astrology, phrenology or any other predudicial indication.
Some may not know their blood relatives: you ARE them...Make 'Em Proud.

Lady Warhawk
11-18-2005, 04:59 AM
Guess the Millenuims got the best of me, and since i am working on a Mouse to show FAKETHIS and the other BB boys (you hear that SS) something next summer i could not just burst into song so here it goes:
i have the same feeling, except my parents are coming to MY dishonorable abode this year. I will try to enjoy them if and while i can. I find i can enjoy them more if i just be a little humble.
Ones parents and blood relatives are an accurate view into who one really is.
It is like this:
If a man likes a girl, go meet her mother and father. They are what she probably eventually will become. It is an unreliable view into the future, yet it is a view. Beats astrology all to hell. (i am guessing this it the case for women too....i couldnt tell you, although you might post this supposition on the west coast boards and get an answer)
Look at it from the anti perspective:
You are your mother and father (well actually 50%) and all their blood relatives. This is what your husband/wife is going to have to put up with.
Your blood relatives are an unreliable view into yourself, yet it is a view. Far better than astrology, phrenology or any other predudicial indication.
Some may not know their blood relatives: you ARE them...Make 'Em Proud.
Oh God Mike, I hope this isn't true :cry: I go out of my way NOT to be like my mother. Never knew my father, but hopefully he was a little different than her. I'm praying the old saying Oppisites attract with them. Maybe I can pull from the Gene pool generations way back :mix:
Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

promod
11-18-2005, 06:15 AM
eating my usual beenie weenies and nabs and working on boats what a thanksgiving

GasGuzzler
11-18-2005, 06:21 AM
eating my usual beenie weenies and nabs and working on boats what a thanksgiving
If you would put the keyboard down, and step away from that computer, you could get some work done now and take Thursday off! :) :) :)

miketsouth
11-18-2005, 06:22 AM
Oh God Mike, I hope this isn't true :cry: I go out of my way NOT to be like my mother. .
unfortunately, it is true. It does not indicate good or bad...more like tendencies for tall or short, and like i said it is unreliable, but better than nothing. I seen what look like "clone" children of either parent. I seen quite the opposite too. How many have children and the thought crosses them that "if this kid is like me there's gonna be trouble"
It can be a starting place for how to modify some inherent behavior tendancies too, i suppose.
We're having gobble gobble, butter nut squash, green beas cassarole, Corn, creamed style of course. Home made bread glazed carrots, and maybe a small pot of collards. Not to mention tons of desserts, coffee sweet tea.
and yes, this sounds wonderful. Teri is gonna fry a turkey for the first time this year. We always have mashed potatoes.

promod
11-18-2005, 06:55 AM
If you would put the keyboard down, and step away from that computer, you could get some work done now and take Thursday off! :) :) :)
yeah i know need to slow down alittle

GasGuzzler
11-18-2005, 07:02 AM
We do our dinner this Sunday afternoon. I have to deepfry 3 turkeys sun. morning. Then while you turkeys are eating turkey Thursday, I will be trashing around downtown Myrtle Beach till Sunday. :p

MrsMarKist
11-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all...Try not to eat toooo much!!!
To the BOTE Family that will be traveling over the Holiday be extra careful on the road....It's not us that we have to look out for..It's everyone else!
The Markist's

HammerDown
11-19-2005, 07:08 AM
What...no Banana Pudding... :confused: :cry: :D

Huffer
11-20-2005, 09:39 AM
GUZZ GIVE ME A CALL, I'LL BE AT MYRTLE MYSELF!!!!!! BE SAFE TO ALL! :rollside:

GasGuzzler
11-20-2005, 09:49 AM
GUZZ GIVE ME A CALL, I'LL BE AT MYRTLE MYSELF!!!!!! BE SAFE TO ALL! :rollside:
What you want me to call ya? Cause I don't have your ######

Lady Warhawk
11-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Aw, poor Grant. Come on here, and eat. Promise NO beenie weenies :yuk:

Lady Warhawk
11-20-2005, 06:59 PM
KeenKAY :messedup:

Lady Warhawk
11-20-2005, 07:01 PM
unfortunately, it is true. It does not indicate good or bad...more like tendencies for tall or short, and like i said it is unreliable, but better than nothing. I seen what look like "clone" children of either parent. I seen quite the opposite too. How many have children and the thought crosses them that "if this kid is like me there's gonna be trouble"
It can be a starting place for how to modify some inherent behavior tendancies too, i suppose.
and yes, this sounds wonderful. Teri is gonna fry a turkey for the first time this year. We always have mashed potatoes.
Sounds good.. What time will "we" be eating :eat:
I'll be in my modification mode :2purples:

MizBubba
11-21-2005, 07:20 AM
No room in the fridge for nanner puddin. :cry:

mslakebratz2u
11-21-2005, 02:27 PM
From LakeJames to Michigan love those grandbabies, kids and everthing in between

fat rat
11-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Happy Turkey day to everyone.................Lena and I will celebrate are 21st wedding aniversery as well...........where's the time go? :cool:

Lady Warhawk
11-23-2005, 06:14 AM
Happy Turkey day to everyone.................Lena and I will celebrate are 21st wedding aniversery as well...........where's the time go? :cool:
Rat, you lucky thing. Ya'll are too busy having fun to be watching a clock. Congrats to the both of you, and many more :clover:

Mrs.sleekcraft76
11-23-2005, 09:22 AM
Congradulations Rat. Poor Lena! I suprise she doesn't have gray hair!! And you don't have any from her pulling out over the years. I guess I'm going to have to talk to her about that. :D JK

travis hathaway
11-23-2005, 04:18 PM
:eat: Happy Turkeyday to those of you whom we have boated with and to those whom we haven't.
Kathy and Trav :)

fat rat
11-24-2005, 02:47 PM
I put a hirtin on that bird today.........now it's time for a nap and then some dessert, I hope the rest of you survived without injuries. :) :rollside: :D

miketsouth
11-24-2005, 03:17 PM
now it's time for a nap
Team FTL all the way.
Happy Aniversary Rich and Lena.