PDA

View Full Version : divertor question

LAFD
11-17-2005, 09:23 AM
have a question i have a problem with my divertor it will go up but wont go down. anyone have this problem and if you did what was the problem. not sure if its the switch or the pump itself. any help would be great.

LAFD
11-17-2005, 12:25 PM
no thoughts or suggestions. any info would be great.

Slacker
11-17-2005, 01:16 PM
I take it you have a hydraulic place diverter and not a manuel one?

Some Kind Of Monster
11-17-2005, 01:19 PM
I assume you have the hydraulic model, and it has plenty of fluid?

LAFD
11-17-2005, 01:23 PM
yes i have the hydralic model and i havent check the fluid level but would that cause it not to go down?

Oldsquirt
11-17-2005, 01:29 PM
First off, here's the number for Bennett who made the trim pump used in a hydraulic Place Diverter setup. 954 427-1400 Others who have called them say they are extemely helpful.
Now some questions. When you hit the switch(up and down) do you hear the pump run? Can you hear the solenoids activate? Have you looked at the wiring to the pump and solenoids in the unit? I've seen a few people report broken wires inside.

LAFD
11-17-2005, 01:33 PM
First off, here's the number for Bennett who made the trim pump used in a hydraulic Place Diverter setup. 954 427-1400 Others who have called them say they are extemely helpful.
Now some questions. When you hit the switch(up and down) do you hear the pump run? Can you hear the solenoids activate? Have you looked at the wiring to the pump and solenoids in the unit? I've seen a few people report broken wires inside.
ill try that number. when i hit the switch up it activates and goes up but when i hit down i get nuthin at all and it stay up. i have looked at the wiring and didnt see any broken wires.

Sleek-Jet
11-17-2005, 01:55 PM
ill try that number. when i hit the switch up it activates and goes up but when i hit down i get nuthin at all and it stay up. i have looked at the wiring and didnt see any broken wires.
If you hit the switch and nothing happens, I would lean towards a bad switch. Depending on how it's mounted, you might try pulling it out and checking continuity accross the contacts when you select "down"... be sure to unplug it from power first, you'll fry your ohm meter otherwise.

LAFD
11-17-2005, 01:59 PM
If you hit the switch and nothing happens, I would lean towards a bad switch. Depending on how it's mounted, you might try pulling it out and checking continuity accross the contacts when you select "down"... be sure to unplug it from power first, you'll fry your ohm meter otherwise.
im hoping its just the switch cause the solenoids are workin in the up position and than i get nuthin goin down so i think it could be the switch. its kinda a weird switch it a round swival kinda switch not a straight up down switch. gunna look at it this weekend.

Aluminum Squirt
11-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Take the cylinder off and make sure nothing is binding up, and the nozzle is moving freely. I used to get sand wedged in mine and it would stop movement in one direction and not the other. Other than that, I've heard they need good solid voltage to stay reliable and that Bennett is very helpful with problems. I've sice gone to a steel race nozzle because of all the abuse. Good luck-Aluminum Squirt

LAFD
11-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Take the cylinder off and make sure nothing is binding up, and the nozzle is moving freely. I used to get sand wedged in mine and it would stop movement in one direction and not the other. Other than that, I've heard they need good solid voltage to stay reliable and that Bennett is very helpful with problems. I've sice gone to a steel race nozzle because of all the abuse. Good luck-Aluminum Squirt
i dont think there is sand or anything cause i had to crack the line to get the knozzle down so its moving freely. but i will check that again thanks..