PDA

View Full Version : Ford Recall

Havasu_Dreamin
11-17-2005, 09:58 AM
From ABCNews.com which got the report from the Associated Press
Ford Motor Recalling SUVs, Pickups and Vans
Ford Motor Recalling About 235,000 SUVs, Pickups and Vans Over Windshield Wiper Motor
By KEN THOMAS
The Associated Press
WASHINGTON - Ford Motor Co. is recalling about 235,000 pickups, vans and sport utility vehicles from the 2006 model year because of potential problems with the windshield wiper motor.
The models include the E-150, E-250, E-350 and E-450 vans, the Escape, Expedition and Explorer SUVs, F-150 and Ranger pickups and Taurus sedan. It also includes the Lincoln Navigator SUV and Lincoln Mark LT pickup and Mercury Mountaineer and Mariner SUV.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said in a posting on its Web site that the windshield wiper motor may have been made without grease being applied to the shaft gear. After continuous use on the high speed setting, the lack of grease may cause the gear to fracture during operation, leading to a loss of wiper function.
The posting said the lack of a working windshield wiper could lead to a crash under poor weather conditions. More than 200,000 vehicles were being recalled in the United States, with about 13,500 in Canada and the remaining affected vehicles in Mexico and Europe.
Ford spokeswoman Kristen Kinley said the problem was discovered during vehicle evaluations and there were no reports of consumer complaints. She said the automaker was cooperating with the government.
The recall is expected to begin Monday. Dealers will inspect the wiper motor and grease the motor gears if necessary at no cost.
Ford said Wednesday it was recalling 220,000 vehicles from the 2005 model year amid concerns a battery cable rubbing against the frame could cause fires and worry that a fuel tank strap could separate after tens of thousands of miles.

maxwedge
11-17-2005, 11:43 AM
That's Interesting. Not a motor problem, but the whole passenger side wiper arm broke off my 97 F150 a while back. I'm not talking about just the blade either. The shaft, including the arm that was still bolted to it, broke the phuk in two, and the arm flew off and bounced off the hood of the car next to me while I was sitting at a traffic light. At least their car was a POS and they thought it was funny, so they didn't care about the big scratch it left. I picked up some used parts at the local scrapyard for $20 and fixed it, but I think a wiper arm shaft ought to last basically forever shouldn't it? :confused:

pjones
11-17-2005, 12:30 PM
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said in a posting on its Web site that the windshield wiper motor may have been made (without grease being applied to the shaft.)
Hate when that happens.

JetBoatRich
11-17-2005, 12:32 PM
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said in a posting on its Web site that the windshield wiper motor may have been made (without grease being applied to the shaft.)
Hate when that happens.
you have to grease the shaft :rolleyes:

carreraelite
11-17-2005, 12:36 PM
We received a recall notice on the '94 F-150 that we have here at work. It has an issue with the speed control (Cruise) that may catch on fire whether the truck is running or not.

djunkie
11-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Hmmm Another recall. I think most of you know how I feel about these Ford piece of shits. :yuk:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1768House_Fire_003_Medium_.jpg

Biglue
11-17-2005, 01:23 PM
I recently went back to Chevy. Gotta say I'm happy. Owned my Ford for 4 years and it had 3 recalls on it with this latest one.

Jyruiz
11-17-2005, 01:26 PM
I am a Chevy owner, and so far the only recall notice I have received is for the tailgate cables. I own an 01 1500 extra cab.

cc322
11-17-2005, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=djunkie]Hmmm Another recall. I think most of you know how I feel about these Ford piece of shits. :yuk:
WOW Whys it gotta be like that? ...Had one GM product and had nothing but problems, Now I have owned 4 Ford trucks and have loved all of them never let me down, go figure. Anything mass produced will have a a certain amount of problems, sometimes you get a good one sometimes you dont, in my case I have gotten 4 good ones, Oh yeah my next truck will be a FORD :argue: :wink:

dmontzsta
11-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Atleast they fix the problems, they did sell enough of the vehicles.

djunkie
11-17-2005, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=djunkie]Hmmm Another recall. I think most of you know how I feel about these Ford piece of shits. :yuk:
WOW Whys it gotta be like that? ...Had one GM product and had nothing but problems, Now I have owned 4 Ford trucks and have loved all of them never let me down, go figure. Anything mass produced will have a a certain amount of problems, sometimes you get a good one sometimes you dont, in my case I have gotten 4 good ones, Oh yeah my next truck will be a FORD :argue: :wink:
Well until you have something like this happen to you, you really wouldn't understand where I am coming from. I USED to like Fords. I still do own a little Ranger pickup, but I will NEVER buy another new Ford vehicle. I'll buy a Dodge before that.