PDA

View Full Version : Houston Area Boaters

Ivan_Ogburn
11-17-2005, 10:23 AM
If you live near the Houston, TX area and have an old fiberglass boat with fins, just rotting in your backyard, or know of someone that does, and you would like to see it restored – at least just gone – PLEASE give me a holler! :D (And if there happens to be a trailer attached – even better!)
I have been searching, in my area for the past year for a nice restorable 1950’s – early 1960’s era fiberglass boat with fins to bring back to life, but so far have come up dry. I have found a couple of very nice restored beauties that I feel were reasonably priced – it’s just that they were out of my immediate hobby-budget range! (Not that I don’t appreciate & understand the effort ($$) it takes to restore a boat) What I was hoping for was a nice restorable boat that I could slowly bring back to life and slowly throw my paychecks at! :messedup:
I have also found several great project boats, but those that were within my driving range (500 miles) didn’t have a trailer OR the others have been so far away that it would require a transport – both of which is out side of my budget. Originally I was hoping for an early Glaston in the less than 18 foot range, but really any cool looking fiberglass with vertical fins is great. :cool:
If you think you may have something of interest – let me know.
Thanks
Ivan
aogburn1@houston.rr.com

Greaser
11-17-2005, 10:27 AM
First off, welcome to Hot Boat. second, you will reach more Texas Boaters in the central forum, so you may wanna post this there.