PDA

View Full Version : Married on the First Date,, any stories?

Flying Tiger
11-17-2005, 09:00 PM
My neighbors just moved out. sorry to see them go, but they had enough equity in their home to buy a nice place in Sandpoint Idaho, and bank $300K too.
I met the neighbors wifey at the Tracts sales office before our homes were built.
I was first guy inline, camped out all nite sitting on my beach chair. She waddled up 9 mos pregnant at about 2 AM,, and I offered her another beachchair to sit on until the office opened up at 8 am.
She gladly took me up on it,, and we sat through the nite chatting.
"Will my husband ever be mad at me if you're ahead and you want lot #1 she said".
"No" I said,, "I want lot number 3", it has awsum RV access.
I paid $149.900 for a half acre place BTW.
Then I asked how long they were married.
She said: "9 months".
"Oh,, how long did you guys date?" I asked. She said: "9 months" " we married on the first date, first meeting".
Kinda on the same note,, I bumped into a girl I knew in High School today.
Her parents were still together,, and they married on the first date too.
Anyone ever hear of such success stories???
Has to be some good first date
marriage tales out there.
I wonder how common it really is????

ROZ
11-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Not a first date story, but pretty close...
My great grandfather sent my grandmother and her neice to Blythe, Ca. where he opend a beauty salon in my grandmother's name. During the war the gals in town use take a bus to go dance with the Air Force boys at a USO type club somewhere outside of town. That's where she met my grandfather. He was a B17 bomber pilot who walked up to her while she was dancing with another fellow, seperated them, and said,:this lady is dancing with me." .They new each other for 10 days before they got married and were together until the day he died in 1983. He named his plane after her and had her painted onto the front of the plane. They raised 2 girls and 1 boy(my father) in the town of Blythe. My mother and father met and lived with them for a while. I was born, then my parents moved us to san Diego in 1968 as my father was on the Enterprise based out of San Diego. My grandparents were not far behind. They moved just months after us. When we moved to San Marcos in 1972, my grandparents again uprooted and moved only miles away from us. It was great growing up with such a tight knit family. As a kid I never lived more than 5 minuites from my grandparents. I was lucky. So I did the same when we were expecting. My parents are 888ft away :notam: but my daughter, their grandaughter enjoys every minuite of it :)
Where were we? Oh yea. 10 days and over 30 years of marriage.. well I guess.. My Nana bought a Caddy not too long after my Grandfather passed away :D

ROZ
11-17-2005, 10:32 PM
GREAT STORY!if i remember right the enterprise was a aircraft cairrer?(40 years ago)and as a kid in el cajon,i was a cub scout and got to go on a hole day tour,breakfast-lunch-diner on that boat,they let us run wild
Close..lol My pops was on the Ranger and the Connie, too... If you're ever out here with the family, I reccomend taking them aboard the Midway!
That cubscout trip must have beeen one of the coolest things a kid could do !

MagicMtnDan
11-18-2005, 12:14 AM
http://djbeermug.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/censored.jpg

Tom Brown
11-18-2005, 06:41 AM
...walked up to her while she was dancing with another fellow, seperated them, and said,:this lady is dancing with me."
Great story! :cool:
You know this guy can roll a cigarette with one hand in a 40 mile per hour wind.

a catered life
11-18-2005, 06:46 AM
does it count if i got laid on the first date and i thouht i could marry her :cool:

HocusPocus
11-18-2005, 08:12 AM
my wife was my best friends little sister. we were friends for a year before i actually asked her on a date.. it was to an indoor shooting range where i worked at. i did fall in love with her the first time i saw her but felt she was way outta my league. last saturday, November 12th, we celebrated our 17th wedding anniversery. sometimes the big ugly guy does get the pretty girl. :D

SummitKarl
11-18-2005, 08:39 AM
It could happen........ ;) :D

Flashover
11-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Not a first date story, but pretty close...
My great grandfather sent my grandmother and her neice to Blythe, Ca. where he opend a beauty salon in my grandmother's name. During the war the gals in town use take a bus to go dance with the Air Force boys at a USO type club somewhere outside of town. That's where she met my grandfather. He was a B17 bomber pilot who walked up to her while she was dancing with another fellow, seperated them, and said,:this lady is dancing with me." .They new each other for 10 days before they got married and were together until the day he died in 1983. He named his plane after her and had her painted onto the front of the plane. They raised 2 girls and 1 boy(my father) in the town of Blythe. My mother and father met and lived with them for a while. I was born, then my parents moved us to san Diego in 1968 as my father was on the Enterprise based out of San Diego. My grandparents were not far behind. They moved just months after us. When we moved to San Marcos in 1972, my grandparents again uprooted and moved only miles away from us. It was great growing up with such a tight knit family. As a kid I never lived more than 5 minuites from my grandparents. I was lucky. So I did the same when we were expecting. My parents are 888ft away :notam: but my daughter, their grandaughter enjoys every minuite of it :)
Where were we? Oh yea. 10 days and over 30 years of marriage.. well I guess.. My Nana bought a Caddy not too long after my Grandfather passed away :D
Hey ROZ,
My grandfather was a tailgunner in a B-17 in WWII He was actually a part of the most succesfull bomb group of the war. He has alot of great pictures and stories. I believe his Bomb group was the 379th Triangle K. Not totaly sure though. My dad also spent some time on the USS Enterprise, He was in the NAVY 30+ years and retired as a Master Chief. H e hates being retired from the service...