PDA

View Full Version : raysoncraft on ebay

21rayson
11-17-2005, 09:46 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9823
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WORLDS-FINEST-RAYSON-CRAFT-V-DRIVE-FLATBOTTOM-LQQK_W0QQitemZ4591131787QQcategoryZ63686QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

racincraft440
11-17-2005, 09:57 PM
Yeah, my keyboard still has drowl all over it from this morning. Very nice. Looks overpriced, but that's his perogative.
I have a 18' 68 Rayson Craft myself.
Dean

SGettmann
11-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah, my keyboard still has drowl all over it from this morning. Very nice. Looks overpriced, but that's his perogative.
I have a 18' 68 Rayson Craft myself.
Dean
Hi Dean, the value of boats is constantly on the rise. I look at 10K for this Rayson Craft and say that's a great deal. It looks like you bought your Rayson Craft back in the day when $5K was alot of money for a boat (still is). I started boat shopping a year ago for a Schiada. I quickly realized that I couldn't get what I wanted for under a 100K for a new one, so bought used, which was still alot of money, but I have a habbit of paying more to get what I want. (No regrets this way). Anyway, this old Rayson Craft looks really nice. In today's market, boats under 30K are a rair item.
Maha - can you make a ski to match the deck on this? :rollside: I totally dig my longboard that you made up for me last winter. Thanks for the info on the Murdock. Project restoration underway. Sean

YeLLowBoaT
11-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Damn I love that but did you notice the steering wheel changing in some of the pics......it goes from a ugly pos to a very nice vintage peice at the bottom.....

dmontzsta
11-17-2005, 10:59 PM
wow. That would be a bitchen old boat to cruise and ski with.

Squirtin Thunder
11-17-2005, 11:53 PM
That is one of the worlds best looking boats ever !!!

v-drive
11-18-2005, 04:35 AM
That is one of the worlds best looking boats ever !!!
Bar none! v-drive

Hallett
11-18-2005, 06:06 AM
That is one of the worlds best looking boats ever !!! I dont know how anyone could even think of selling
that boat, i hope the luckey one that gets it will take care of it.

olbiezer
11-18-2005, 06:19 AM
i bet it never gets out of reserve........he sounds pretty prowd of it and says basically he doesent care if it doesnt sell........i say 20,000 and still in reserve

Big Kahunaa
11-18-2005, 06:51 AM
The nailhead just adds to the cool factor i dont think it would be a cool if it had a bbc or a bbf and i am a ford guy

racincraft440
11-18-2005, 07:44 AM
Hi Dean, the value of boats is constantly on the rise. I look at 10K for this Rayson Craft and say that's a great deal. It looks like you bought your Rayson Craft back in the day when $5K was alot of money for a boat (still is). Sean
Sean,
My Rayson Craft isn't a "wooddecker". I wish. After 2 years of searching the internet, I drove from Det. MI to the west burbs of Chicago IL to get my vintage 68 Rayson Craft. It is an unresto'd 440 Mopar powered hull that spent all of its life but one summer in indoor storage (by the 2nd owner, I'm the 3rd). No rot as far as I can tell. Got mine for $3500. It has a cracked head on the "old-style" Casale but that's an easy fix. Probably paid too much to some here but it's what I wanted.
Boat prices are a regional thing and some old manufacturers obviously pull alot more $ than some others.
Here's a wooddecker near me that didn't sell, meet reserve.............
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4586321901&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
I like it a little better than the RC. But that's just me.
Dean

Rattle Can Lou
11-18-2005, 08:22 AM
I bid that thing up to 9500 and knew that I was way low on the reserve just by the way the guy talks. On the steering wheel change he said he did that and the wheels and tires on the trailer and the scoop. The other stuff comes with it. It would be way cooler than it already is if you could get the carbs level on the motor. I guess you could do that with spacing???

old rigger
11-18-2005, 08:33 AM
Damn I love that but did you notice the steering wheel changing in some of the pics......it goes from a ugly pos to a very nice vintage peice at the bottom.....
I agree with yellow. The wheel/tire and scoop change was in the right direction too. But what kind of a dumb ass would mount a bimini on a wood deck boat. All that hardware bolted to the deck, what a shame.

superdave013
11-18-2005, 08:42 AM
ok ok, another e bay ad. As some know I do enjoy reading and doing a lil comentary on some of the e bay boats here. Mostly pick on the really poorly written or the old clapped out sangers that run 130+.
So let see what we have here.
F'en stunning boat!! Wow O Wow!!!
Now on to the fun stuff.
"Keep in mind that while the boat is certainly not cheap, it's less than one of those new Bayliner type "floating coolers" of similar size that all the weekend warriors can't seem to launch off the ramp in anything under two hours! Don't be a twink - nobody will laugh at you on the ramp with this, even if you still can't figure out how to back up in a straight line."
Now how f'en classic is the above? I'll tell ya.... It's very f'en classic! lol

pixrthis
11-18-2005, 10:37 AM
But what kind of a dumb ass would mount a bimini on a wood deck boat. All that hardware bolted to the deck, what a shame.[/QUOTE]
I agree, the person who screwed that crap into a boat that nice needs his head examined.

64Rayson
11-18-2005, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. I am pretty proud of this one, as it is truly a rare find. To put everyone’s mind at ease concerning how anybody could sell a boat like that, don’t give it a second thought because where the reserve is set, it just ain’t gonna happen, and if it does, it’s a price I just can’t refuse. I’ve had more than a few wooddeckers, but this is by far the nicest I’ve ever run across. I have to agree that the nailhead makes the boat unique – it’s not a 1,000 hp BBC, but that’s not what this boat is all about anyway. I’ve got a period correct 354 Hemi that is ready to go, and I have toyed with the idea of someday making the swap, but I just can’t bring myself to do it. This one is just too original to fool with. I looked at using 12 degree shim plates to level the carbs, but the more I look at how it all sits, somehow it just looks right the way it is. For the question on the different steering wheel, the pos shown in most of the pictures was changed to a period correct wheel that is shown in the pictures near the end of the listing. The bimini top is a plus and a minus. It’s a plus because the boat is not a trailer queen and it is used as a family ski/cruiser constantly. The minus is the hardware, but what is not obvious from the pictures is that the hardware for the main supports have quick-release pins – once released, the hardware goes away and the holes are covered by quarter inch stainless buttons. The front and rear straps are designed to attach to the 3 ½ “ retractable stainless fender cleats, so the only extra hardware are the main supports. Because the supports were mounted in the middle of a paint line, when the top and hardware are removed, you really have to look close to find any evidence of it. The top only sees daylight when I have to drag the ‘ol lady to the lake with me on occasion! The wood on the boat is amazing. The prior owner had Miller redo it about five or six years ago. As far as cost goes, I don’t think that a boat like this is unrealistically priced in the $20-25k range. Even if you find a pos hull, invest the $$$ for a replacement deck (which they almost all need), send it out to have the wood finish coated and the hull re-geled or painted, polish the hardware, have the upholstery done, go through the engine and v-drive, and bring the trailer up to speed – along with everything else that will nickel and dime you to death, you’ll be in it for at least that much and more. Going that route gets you exactly what you want, and it’s done your way, but if you start today, I bet you don’t hit water ‘til at least 2008. With the price of new boats going of $100k and up, I’d rather have this. Now don’t get me wrong, I was born at night, but not last night, so I’m not in this for even a third that amount, but if and when I ever decide to let it go, the next guy won’t be so lucky. Thanks again for all the comments, and I hope you enjoyed the pics.

Sleek-Jet
11-18-2005, 10:42 AM
What that thing needs is a couple bucket seats and a stereo in the dash.... :idea: :) :220v: :D

lucky
11-18-2005, 10:52 AM
What that thing needs is a couple bucket seats and a stereo in the dash.... :idea: :) :220v: :D
don't forget the hacked in gas tanks lmao

DaveA
11-18-2005, 06:00 PM
64 Rayson,
My jaw dropped.
I have seen alot of wood deck Rayson photos, (don't see many of any kind of v-drive here in NC) and some of the Millers' work, but that's a perfectly put-together ride. The deck, the colors, the trailer, the new wheel/tire combo, and that Nailhead make that Rayson arguably one of the best original boats in existence.
I just told the wife, "Hey come here- I've just found my next boat!!"
All she did was holler from the den and say "Just tell me you've found your next health insurance policy for your company...."
:yuk: ..........Buzzkiller.......

voodooCanoe
11-18-2005, 08:33 PM
I agree with yellow. The wheel/tire and scoop change was in the right direction too. But what kind of a dumb ass would mount a bimini on a wood deck boat. All that hardware bolted to the deck, what a shame.
AMEN brother, I just about s**t a brick when I saw the hardware screwed to the deck!!!

coolchange
11-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Dam nice boat.
I hope it makes the reserve!!!