PDA

View Full Version : 2002 chevy electrical probs

460rogers
05-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Just got a new tow rig.It's a 2002 chevy 2500 express van.
first problem-the left brake light is dim and does not work at all with the tail lights on.Replaced bulb didn't help.
Second problem-when driving at night,if i turn on the hi beams some times i get both high and low at the same time and then i can not dim the lights.I have to turn off the ign and let it sit for a while to dim.
Would like to figure this out before adding tow light harness thanks.

BOBALOO
05-14-2006, 01:04 PM
It sounds like you might have a loose ground wire somewhere. Has the van been in an accident? If so, sometimes the body shop will have to remove a body ground to do their repairs and not get the ground tight again. You can temporarily attach a ground wire from the taillight harness to the frame and see it the problem goes away. Easy check and only takes a few minutes.
You could also use an ohm meter to check the ground but alot of people dont have one. Good luck...

cc322
05-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Try changing your avatar that may help :confused:

meaniam
05-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Just got a new tow rig.It's a 2002 chevy 2500 express van.
first problem-the left brake light is dim and does not work at all with the tail lights on.Replaced bulb didn't help.
Second problem-when driving at night,if i turn on the hi beams some times i get both high and low at the same time and then i can not dim the lights.I have to turn off the ign and let it sit for a while to dim.
Would like to figure this out before adding tow light harness thanks.
look up under the rear of the van on almost all chevy trucks thetrailer wiring harness is already there and sitting above the spare tire. im sure the vans are the same

460rogers
05-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks BOBALOO it was a bad ground in the light socket where the wire snaps into the socket.
Now if i can figure out the headlight problem.