PDA

View Full Version : Roz

Flashover
11-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Hey ROZ,
My grandfather was a tailgunner in a B-17 in WWII He was actually a part of the most succesfull bomb groups of the war. He has alot of great pictures and stories. I believe his Bomb group was the 379th Triangle K. Not totaly sure though. My dad also spent some time on the USS Enterprise, He was in the NAVY 30+ years and retired as a Master Chief. He hates being retired from the service... :crossx: :crossx:

ROZ
11-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Hey ROZ,
My grandfather was a tailgunner in a B-17 in WWII He was actually a part of the most succesfull bomb groups of the war. He has alot of great pictures and stories. I believe his Bomb group was the 379th Triangle K. Not totaly sure though. My dad also spent some time on the USS Enterprise, He was in the NAVY 30+ years and retired as a Master Chief. He hates being retired from the service... :crossx: :crossx:
That's awesome... Every year at the local air show, a guy comes out with the B17 he restored and offers rides for a donation to keep it running. I haven't gone, but my dad has. It was a total thill. I hear those planes burn something like 1000 or 10,000 gallons of gas per hour, or something lik that. CRAZY!
So your dad hates being retired, eh? Bet you guys don't notice ...lol :D

Flashover
11-18-2005, 11:36 AM
He gets pretty grumpy when his friends who are in Iraq e-mail him. we all went to his retirement cerimony in Alameda. His office at his house ids full if Navy pics and his medals, flags in display cases and of course he had to get an AR-15 because he had an M-16 in Iraq. He would love to still be in it all.. :crossx: